Targets at 102, Rankings from Different Draft Sites | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Targets at 102, Rankings from Different Draft Sites

Almost all TE's are developmental prospects, but all of these guys have experience blocking and the size to do it well in the NFL. They're not WR's playing TE. As shown above, they also have the physical tools to develop into versatile/dangerous players.

Some drafts don't have any guys with both real experience as blockers and high-end physical tools.

Almost all TE's are developmental prospects, but all of these guys have experience blocking and the size to do it well in the NFL. They're not WR's playing TE. As shown above, they also have the physical tools to develop into versatile/dangerous players.

Some drafts don't have any guys with both real experience as blockers and high-end physical tools.

Can Woods block? His tape looks good. That score is unbelievable.

You referenced the injury to Damone Clark, the LSU linebacker. He just had surgery to deal with a herniated disk in his back. If he falls to the seventh, I would be interested in spending a pick and then redshirting him next year as he heals. Good size and very good production at a school known for churning out good linebackers.

Can Woods block? His tape looks good. That score is unbelievable.

He's solid with room to grow. He was used primarily as a blocker at Oklahoma State, before transferring to Virginia. I think he gives you versatility as a playcaller, with a super high ceiling as a receiver and blocker.

You referenced the injury to Damone Clark, the LSU linebacker. He just had surgery to deal with a herniated disk in his back. If he falls to the seventh, I would be interested in spending a pick and then redshirting him next year as he heals. Good size and very good production at a school known for churning out good linebackers.

Absolutely.

I’m starting to get excited for drafting one of those tight ends with pick 102. Maybe a running back. I think both positions could offer value there.
Running back does make sense. Mostert is on a one year deal and, I agree, there could be value there.

It's a sneaky good tight end draft. But not sure any pick would contribute in 2022. Although, that doesn't necessarily have to be the criteria.

I’m starting to get excited for drafting one of those tight ends with pick 102. Maybe a running back. I think both positions could offer value there.

These are the kinds of bets to make on TE's in the draft. Outside of rare - like Kyle Pitts rare - exceptions, it's hard to hit hard enough on a TE for him to return adequate value with a Top 40 pick. They typically take time to get going, and because the position is relatively inexpensive, they don't offer much surplus value.

But, in the mid rounds, if you can find TE's who will at least be useful as blockers but also have the athletic tools to give you a higher ceiling and more versatility, the potential payoff vs risk makes a lot more sense.

Grinding the Mocks is a website that pools mock data from different sources and publishes consensus (average) draft position for each prospect and ranks the prospects in order of expected draft position (EDP). https://grindingthemocks.shinyapps.io/Dashboard/

I looked at the prospects ranked from #100 EDP to 245 which is where their ranking stops. Best values at 102 to me are: Zach Tom T, Isaiah Thomas DE, Chris Paul RT/OG, and I would add Kevin Harris RB who is not ranked within first 245.
Best values in 7th round, Kevin Harris RB, Dane Belton S, and Isaac Taylor-Stuart CB.
At receiving positions great values on day 3 are 2 TEs and 1 WR: Danny Gray WR #167, Daniel Bellinger TE #200, and Grant Calcaterra TE #210.

I marked in color players who I think are draftable and good value. Green mark is Day 1 first round value, Yellow mark is Day 2 value, and Red mark is Day 3 value.

100-110.JPG

111-120.JPG

121-130.JPG

151-160.JPG

161-170.JPG

171-180.JPG

181-190.JPG

191-200.JPG

201-210.JPG

221-230.JPG

I am very much on the Zach Tom bandwagon should he be there at #102.

I keep getting Chris Paul confused with his Tulsa OL teammate Tyler Smith. I see his name on the board and think "what the hell is he doing there at 102?" ;)

Apparently the Dolphins are very high on Houston, DLineman, Logan Hall. They like him as a DE in their scheme. I think he could be the pick at #102, if he's there. They had dinner with him and had reps at Houston's pro day.
That seems like a stretch, but if Hall starts getting in range he could be a potential trade up.

Back
Top Bottom