Targets at 102, Rankings from Different Draft Sites | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Targets at 102, Rankings from Different Draft Sites

I could see Miami waiting until next years FA period or the 23 Draft to find a TE should Gesicki not play well or if they can't extend him.

They could target a FA TE who better fits McDaniel's offense or prioritize the position early in the Draft.

I'm all in on Channing Tindall if he slides to us.

He's the type of player that I want, in THE position that I want.
Other names on the list I would be happy with are Justin Ross and Alec Lindstrom.
Channing Tindall would make me happy...him still being there, and Miami going a different direction would upset me...To say the least.

Would surprise me if Hall, Walker or Spiller made it to 102. Spiller didn't help himself at the combine, but he still should be somewhere in the late 2nd, early 3rd I would think.

Agree with you on Brian Robinson. I think he'd be a great complement, as a power back, to Edmunds and Mostert.

Jelani Woods is very intriguing. If Miami can't get a long-term deal with Gesicki, tight end could be a target. I think this tight end class is sneaky good.
Agree the TE class is sneaky good. Also agree that if they want a runner at 102 it isn't going to be Hall, Walker or Spiller. Allgeir is a much more realistic target.

Agree the TE class is sneaky good. Also agree that if they want a runner at 102 it isn't going to be Hall, Walker or Spiller. Allgeir is a much more realistic target.
I think both Cook and Ford could be there and they should be good fits.

Cook is versatile and an excellent receiver and Ford is that one cut guy with speed that McDaniel seems to like.

I don't know if they will go RB that high though. I think OL or LB might be higher on the wish list.

I would not be upset with some DL help at #102 as they could use some depth there.

I keep seeing Zach Tom and Kellen Diesch on the board at #102 in simulations and both seem like good fits.

Ha I was just coming to post about these exact two players. Early in the process, media reports had Tom as mid-Day 3 but now I don't think he makes it to 102. he would be an absolute steal there. freaky measurements for a wide zone center.

and Diesch is super interesting. arms are short so he may be an interior guy, but he's really good. similar measurements as Eichenberg but Diesch is a little better in each category.

Ha I was just coming to post about these exact two players. Early in the process, media reports had Tom as mid-Day 3 but now I don't think he makes it to 102. he would be an absolute steal there. freaky measurements for a wide zone center.

and Diesch is super interesting. arms are short so he may be an interior guy, but he's really good. similar measurements as Eichenberg but Diesch is a little better in each category.

Yeah, in general 33" arms is a good cutoff for OT, but if you were going to try either at OT, I'd favor Diesch because of his athletic advantage. Don't love that he's so slight, but we're talking about options at 102, not 29, and he's good - particularly in pass pro and on zone runs, where he can use his athleticism.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220405-063455_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220405-063455_Chrome.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 8
I eliminated Diesch because of 32 3/8 arms on outside, and at 6-7 he was too tall for interior. I don't have him as an interest on my list.
Eich did not test so I do not see any similarities.

We are talking about 3rd and 4th round prospects so you have to relax your standards somewhat.

You can't expect players to meet your ideals when you are drafting in the 100's.
Right. I don't expect Miami will find a starter, unless they draft a punter late.

Hopefully a couple of draft picks will contribute.

Right. I don't expect Miami will find a starter, unless they draft a punter late.

I dont agree. This is a deep draft and starters can be found in all rounds.

32 3/8 is under my cutoff for arm length, and Diesch to me is 7th round, UDFA for that reason only because he tested really well and is 6-7.

I dont agree. This is a deep draft and starters can be found in all rounds.

32 3/8 is under my cutoff for arm length, and Diesch to me is 7th round, UDFA for that reason only because he tested really well and is 6-7.
Yes, definitely possible. Will be difficult at most positions. Maybe a middle linebacker.

Even an offensive linemen would have a tough time starting year one. Although that could happen.

A running back would likely get some carries.

3 drafts without trades on different sites to see who might be avaialble. Think the PFF is my favourite though I didn't have anybody I really liked with the last pick.

View attachment 104589View attachment 104590View attachment 104591
You can already feel it coming... the D- that the Dolphins will receive in the media articles that award a draft rating. Yes, we'll receive the Peppermint Patty treatment, but we all know where our draft picks were REALLY spent...

So, a couple developmental players and maybe a punter, here we come!

I could see Miami waiting until next years FA period or the 23 Draft to find a TE should Gesicki not play well or if they can't extend him.

They could target a FA TE who better fits McDaniel's offense or prioritize the position early in the Draft.
Ya I would wait on TE. I think a lot of people sleep on Smythe some and we signed him to a 2 year deal. He has been very efficient as pass catcher. But with our OL being brutal he was asked to stay in and help block most of the time. He has started 25 games the last 2 years. In 2020 he had 26 rec on only 29 targets. Last year he had 34 rec on 41 targets at 10.5 ypc. Really would like to see Long some this year as well. More tradition/ inline TE'S can take some time to develop.

Back
Top Bottom