Tavon Austin = Ted Ginn | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tavon Austin = Ted Ginn

defiant

Active Roster
Reaction score
Sounds like almost the same player to me. Dynamic with ball in hands. Too small. Horribly unpolished at WR. Is going to get jammed constantly in the NFL. Not a good route runner. These players have very minimal success in the league. Try a real WR.

Get ready to...

tumblr_inline_mh6zpsMpm01qj1lu1-1.jpg

Where do some of you get these comparisons from?

Sounds like almost the same player to me. Dynamic with ball in hands. Too small. Horribly unpolished at WR. Is going to get jammed constantly in the NFL. Not a good route runner. These players have very minimal success in the league. Try a real WR.

I'm willing to wager that you haven't seen much of Austin in college. Either that, or you didn't watch Ginn much in college. They're only comparable qualities are fast times clocked in the 40, that's where the comparison ends. I won't even bother going into the rest. Also, I'm not for or against drafting Austin.

I'm willing to wager that you haven't seen much of Austin in college. Either that, or you didn't watch Ginn much in college. They're only comparable qualities are fast times clocked in the 40, that's where the comparison ends. I won't even bother going into the rest. Also, I'm not for or against drafting Austin.

Ginn ran a 4.3 in the rain with a bad ankle. :chuckle:

I worry about some of our fellow fans sometimes. How do you even come up with a conclusion like this?

That's just not a good comparison. Tavon Austin is much, much tougher than Ted Ginn and isn't just a straight line fast guy -- he has moves. I think the Percy Harvin comparisions are much better for the talent Austin has.

This is an opinion by the OP, one that I agree with. To take him at 12 is too high. I would rather have Eifert at 12. Austin, is 5 foot 8 and 174 pounds. This is the NFL not College ball. This would be a mistake, just like taking Ginn at 9 was a mistake. He is fast, so what? So was Ginn. I see you guys saying bad evaluation, or comparison. Prove that it is a bad evaluation or comparison. Has Austin played in the NFL? Nope, so this is all conjecture at this point. I don't like the pick at 12.

I think the only real thing they will have in common is probably being overdrafted but their games are different. Their NFL careers could very well be similar. Its funny how Austin and Ginn got so overhyped but yet a superior prospect and player Desean Jackson lasted until the 49th pick in 2008.

Must be "open mic" night...

If you don't know anything about football or a player...you're free to not speak in this country also...

Back
Top Bottom