Tavon Austin = Ted Ginn | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tavon Austin = Ted Ginn

as i said, non of it matters anymore as the bills or jets will be grabbing him BEFORE we pick.

and this thread starter could not be more wrong about austin. in fact, everything he said is just the opposite!

kinda weird actually.

OK I'm going to say first off that Ted Ginn was definitely a bust for the #9 overall pick.... he never turned into the receiver he needed to be.

However... as a returner Ted Ginn is still one of the best in the league... not sure why we didn't keep him strictly as a kick/punt returner....

All these stats are for active players...

#4 in the league in total return TD's
#6 in the league in total return yardage

and yet he's only #11 in the league in total amount of kick/punt returns received... he's making the most out of less chances than people like Cribbs or Hester.... those are really good numbers, I know he fumbles too much but he i definitely a top 5 NFL returner

in 2011 he had 29 kick returns for 800 Yard and 1 TD... along with 38 punt returns for 466 yards and another TD...

27.6 yards per kick return, and 2 return TD makes him easily the best kick returner of 2011. and he has had similar years (2007, 2009)

San Fran averaged starting from their own 27 and a half yard line that year.. talk about good starting field position.

Personally remindes me of desean Jackson. I would take him any day

If you look at their size / measurables coming out of the combine they are almost identical prospects. Jackson measured taller at 5'9 3/4 to Austin's 5'8 but Tavon had more weighed 5 more lbs the DeSean. Austin was slightly better in the 40 besting Jackson by a hundredth of a second and had the edge in the 20 yard short shuttle 4.01 to 4.19. Jackson's three cone drill edged Austin by .13 seconds and was able to best Austin by 2 1/2 inches in the vert while their broad jumps are identical. Ted Ginn jr's excuse for not running the 3 cone drill was that his foot was hurt. He knew he wasn't going to do good at it but he still ran the 20 , 10 n 40 yard dash.

Austin is strong for his size too. Put up 16 reps I think at 225

Wait a minute wasn't Austin a running back at first? I can't picture Ginn doing that. Quite a few little guys have proven to be tough in the NFL he might be one of them.

I don't know if Austin is the answer at 12, you could use a TE you could use a corner, you could use a pass rusher, I hate the idea but yeah a tackle could help. He's no lock to be good in the NFL but the potential that guy has it would be hard not to be excited if he is the pick at 12.

What I see in common with Ginn is he's fast and he's small. If they draft him top 12 hopefully he's not a Dolphins bust also, LOL!

Sounds like almost the same player to me. Dynamic with ball in hands. Too small. Horribly unpolished at WR. Is going to get jammed constantly in the NFL. Not a good route runner. These players have very minimal success in the league. Try a real WR.

The bolded parts are the ones I take issue with, because I believe them to be flat-out incorrect. I can understand your concerns about the others, but this kid could be an absolute nightmare for opposing defenses playing out of the slot.

sorry but he is no good at #12. What we really need is a pass rusher. We have to face tom brady twice a year and theres only one way to stop new england... pass rush. We absolutely have to get a guy not named cam wake to get to the qb.

Back
Top Bottom