TE Adam Shaheen gets two year extension | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TE Adam Shaheen gets two year extension

The NFL isn't going to let a salary cap reduction destroy teams. I'm not sure why everyone thinks billionaire would be okay with self applied destruction of a 10 billion dollar business.

I think this may have been premature. He isnt bad but he only has 5 receptions for 58 yards and 2 tds.

I really dont like this extension. I know I am gonna get flamed for this because everyone loves Chris Grier right now but all of his extensions have been bad.

Let's hope I am wrong on this instead of him.

I think this may have been premature. He isnt bad but he only has 5 receptions for 58 yards and 2 tds.

I really dont like this extension. I know I am gonna get flamed for this because everyone loves Chris Grier right now but all of his extensions have been bad.

Let's hope I am wrong on this instead of him.
what is the worst thing that could happen?

he doesn't play well all of a sudden and we cut him?

AAV takes him to ~25th highest paid TE in the NFL. My concern is with the unknowns facing the salary cap next year.
The 2021 salary cap is definitely coming down to address the attendance revenue decline due to the pandemic. However, Miami is better placed re salary cap management than over 80% of NFL teams. This is a good value extension to a player who is contributing. mrhankey - don't be concerned, Grier knows what he's doing.

Last edited:
what is the worst thing that could happen?

he doesn't play well all of a sudden and we cut him?

True but isnt that the case with any signing? I was just saying it seems premature. The guy hasn't really shown he is deserving of it.

Hopefully he outplays his value but it seems this was based way more on projection than results and it could be a waste of money... but I do acknowledge it could be money well spent if he plays more consistently down the stretch. It is a gamble on a small sample size which are usually riskier.

Salary cap concerners:
If nfl allows the cap to drop over 25% with knowing fans will be back next year...thus leading it to go right back up...
Why would anyone enter the upcoming draft???

And thats just one example.

The reduction will be spread. The impact will not be heaped upon one year.

True but isnt that the case with any signing? I was just saying it seems premature. The guy hasn't really shown he is deserving of it.

Hopefully he outplays his value but it seems this was based way more on projection than results and it could be a waste of money... but I do acknowledge it could be money well spent if he plays more consistently down the stretch. It is a gamble on a small sample size which are usually riskier.
Of course, but I only have a real concern on a transaction if there is a significant downside.

Modest signings on backup players don't present any risk for me to be concerned about.

Start including assets in the deal (other players, draft picks), I might feel differently :)

I know mike still has another year under contract, but i would like to get him extended. it will be cheaper right now. if tua comes in and likes and targets him it will hurt the bank

Back
Top Bottom