TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins Day 2 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins Day 2

What I do not like about ASJ, is for such a Big guy he always seems to go down after first contact.

He goes down like a child, its a joke. Amaro isn't all that much better, but unlike ASJ, amaro gets some decent YAC, and runs a lot of routes underneath.

You can draft amaro and be sure he can jump in day 1 and you can find 7-9 targets a game for him. He's a chain mover. With ASJ I don't know what I'm getting really, production wise, huge drop off last season in production, skill set is kind of shaky. What's ASJs role? Despite his size, he didn't even catch may passes in the seam, he's a scary pick IMO.

Niklas reminds me of Gronk. Dunno if he will make the jump Gronk did, but he reminds me of him a lot. He also helps the run game immensely which is something all the ASJ, Amaro, and ebron fans seem to want to ignore.

CJ has all the tools and the soft hands, but I question why his athletism doesn't show up on tape and why he ran the same few routes over and over and nothing else. But philbin and his staff should have a lot of knowledge on hawkeye players so if they take him, I'll trust it.

I'm telling you, pass on Amaro and you're passing on the next Tony Gonzo. The dude just gets open and makes catches. No one complains about Gonzo's blocking.

What I do not like about ASJ, is for such a Big guy he always seems to go down after first contact.

Well, even though ASJ was voted this year as the top college TE (I believe), I think a TE that can block, be a consistent player catching the ball each drive, and become a force in the redzone would be more beneficial. I would rather have a Nikklas or Fiedorowicz over an Amaro or ASJ, but all 4 can help their team considerably.

please for the love of god let us land asj. we wont bc the jets are high on him too

The reason I am so intrigued with Niklas is that I think he is just the perfect complement to Charles Clay. And as I said, I think his athletic ability as a receiver is underrated. He has shown the ability to move after the catch.

I like the rest of your draft, just change the 4th rounder to a running back(I prefer Kadeem Carey who always gets YAC, but I know he's not superfast)

Fiedorowicz in the 3rd.

I'm sure that the Patriots will draft him tonight if we don't make a move.. He can be our new Rob Gronkowski with his size and speed and will complement Charles Clay better than Simms or Egnew..

Maybe he is not the best TE, I think Jace Amaro
is a better player but also injury-prone.

So do we go TE or LB in round 2?

You do know that Seferian-Jenkins had surgery on his foot for a stress fracture April 2nd. And I don't think he has much speed. Looks to me like a low 4.8s, high 4.7s guy.

I'll take ASJ or Niklas, but I think we would have to trade up for Niklas

I'll take ASJ or Niklas, but I think we would have to trade up for Niklas

Really? I kind of got the impression that I was higher on him than most others. From what I've seen, Amaro and ASJ are both considered to be better TE prospects by the majority. And perhaps they are. I'm mostly just thinking of how they would integrate with what we already have.

We need a seam threat and ASJ fills that role, unless Amaro was there, then it makes sense to take him and occasionally line him up in the slot. I'd be fine with either, but Amaro preferred.

We need a seam threat and ASJ fills that role, unless Amaro was there, then it makes sense to take him and occasionally line him up in the slot. I'd be fine with either, but Amaro preferred.

Did i read somewhere that amaro was charged with credit card fraud?

Hickey has spent the majority of his time talking up the importance of character. He overdrafted James because of his character. I'd be surprised if ASJ is on our board at all. Let alone in the second round.

Back
Top Bottom