TE in the 1st Round | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TE in the 1st Round

I watched the #1 scoring D limit the #1 scoring O to almost 14 pts less than their average, less than 24 minutes in TOP, and shut them down on repeat on many occasions including crucial times in the second half.

You say running the ball for ATL was a no brainier but the fact of the matter is they couldn't. Not that easy. Minus the early 37 TD scamper by Freeman, NE held him to 38 yards. Atlanta struggled all night to run against NE's 3-3/50 front. Then when you add in Mack's injury and BB's genius in flexing NT Brown off the ball to force Mack to engage him on a broken fibula and you start to get an idea of what NE was doing to shut down their run game, force them to pass, and not allowing them to eat clock.

Defense wins championships. Always has, always will.

Atlanta was ALREADY in FG position. Running it three more times would have gotten them at least somewhat closer and they would have kicked the FG and won the game. End of story,game over.

The story of that game was Atlanta's pathetic playcalling and New England's offense with Brady throwing the ball 62 times. Just like Seattle's pathetic playcall at the goal line gave NE that Super Bowl.

You don't pass on an incredible talent like Howard to pick an underwhelming LB one round earlier. Gase wouldn't either.

Atlanta was ALREADY in FG position. Running it three more times would have gotten them at least somewhat closer and they would have kicked the FG and won the game. End of story,game over.

The story of that game was Atlanta's pathetic playcalling and New England's offense with Brady throwing the ball 62 times. Just like Seattle's pathetic playcall at the goal line gave NE that Super Bowl.

You don't pass on an incredible talent like Howard to pick an underwhelming LB one round earlier. Gase wouldn't either.

Dude, stop dismissing SB wins as if the loser handed the game over. It's embarrassing

NE's offense did an excellent job with double digit play drives, but they don't get the chance to do it over and over again like they needed if their defense wasn't consistently kicking Atlanta's offense off the field at such a quick rate in the second half.

NE had an excellent gameplan vs Seattle as well. In those waning minutes vs Seattle when they got down into the redzone at the quick rate at which they did, NE didn't panic nor call a TO to allow Seattle to substitute into their goalline package and NE called the perfect defensive play according to Seattle's goalline tendencies with that personnel group.

And I never said anything about an underwhelming LB in the first? :idk:

Please give Tannehill a freak TE to work with. Besides OG it's the only real room for improvement we've got on offense, and the only non D position I'd draft in the first.

Too early, a lot of great TE's can be found outside of the the 1st, Gronk, Graham, Kelce, Reed, Bennett...

I'm all for it if you can shore up LB's.. fact is our defense at end of year (yes we had injuries) couldn't stop anyone... Pittsburgh embarrassed us...

you aren't trading for jullius Thomas if you are making this kind of play or signing fasano

cause you'd have both their roles in one player with oj howard

but he's a top 10 bpa who murdered everything he did this draft postseason during the eval phase...no.chance.

you aren't trading for jullius Thomas if you are making this kind of play or signing fasano

cause you'd have both their roles in one player with oj howard

but he's a top 10 bpa who murdered everything he did this draft postseason during the eval phase...no.chance.

Hoops what do you think of the idea of selecting Howard if he's there and trading Thomas. You could likely get more in a trade than the 7th round pick Miami gave up to get him? Could trade him for a player at a need position or a draft pick.

Hoops what do you think of the idea of selecting Howard if he's there and trading Thomas. You could likely get more in a trade than the 7th round pick Miami gave up to get him? Could trade him for a player at a need position or a draft pick.

you got Thomas for a 7th round pick...in other words not much value although he redid his contract to come to Miami

translation they have no plans of trading him

Miami may well find itself in the tight end market draft wise it just wont be til 2018 or it will be of the p squad stash type...they got their 3 active on game day guys already there isn't room for a 4th no matter who we added

If we draft a tight end I am done with this team... I have never said that before.

I'd rather draft Jake Butt in a later round and let him sit a year and recover. We need to address the defense; Julius Thomas can handle the load for 2017.

I keep seeing all this love for the TE class. Am I the only one who wonders how teams plan on covering all these TEs on top of the existing talent pool? I'd rather draft a guy to neutralize these TEs than pick up just one of them.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

If we draft a tight end I am done with this team... I have never said that before.

I wouldn't be done but I think it would be dumb.

Dude, stop dismissing SB wins as if the loser handed the game over. It's embarrassing

NE's offense did an excellent job with double digit play drives, but they don't get the chance to do it over and over again like they needed if their defense wasn't consistently kicking Atlanta's offense off the field at such a quick rate in the second half.

NE had an excellent gameplan vs Seattle as well. In those waning minutes vs Seattle when they got down into the redzone at the quick rate at which they did, NE didn't panic nor call a TO to allow Seattle to substitute into their goalline package and NE called the perfect defensive play according to Seattle's goalline tendencies with that personnel group.

And I never said anything about an underwhelming LB in the first? :idk:

It's embarrassing to state A FACT that Atlanta was in field goal range and all they had to do was have the football sense of a 10 year old and clinch the game with a field goal? Or embarrassing to state A FACT that Seattle had a first down at the goal line and made an unbelievably stupid call to lose that game?

Howard will most likely be gone when Miami picks at 22. If he's not, there's no way Gase passes him up.

Looking at the history of TE's Drafted in the first round I've concluded that YOU SHOULD NOT draft a TE in the first round UNLESS that tight end is a total freak and is basically un-coverable. (ie Gronk, and Even Gronk wasn't drafted in the first round). Looking at this list of 1st round TE's I don't think any of them are worth a 1st round pick. I'm looking for a gamebreaker with my first pick and none of these guys are that.

Ebron
Eifert
Gresham
Pettigrew
Keller
Olsen
V. Davis

Looking at the history of TE's Drafted in the first round I've concluded that YOU SHOULD NOT draft a TE in the first round UNLESS that tight end is a total freak and is basically un-coverable. (ie Gronk, and Even Gronk wasn't drafted in the first round). Looking at this list of 1st round TE's I don't think any of them are worth a 1st round pick. I'm looking for a gamebreaker with my first pick and none of these guys are that.

Ebron
Eifert
Gresham
Pettigrew
Keller
Olsen
V. Davis

How many of those guys were complete TE's coming our of college? maybe two...Pettigrew and Gresham? The rest of them are just big WR's. If you have a complete TE that's got football smarts (TE is one of the hardest positions to learn), I think they are worthy of 1st round pick.

Ebron
Eifert
Gresham
Pettigrew
Keller
Olsen
V. Davis

Greg Olsen is damn good

Back
Top Bottom