TE Issue - Is it Talent or Coaching | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TE Issue - Is it Talent or Coaching

I'd love to get a rangy 6'6 major talent with speed and explosiveness in the first round. That could take this offense up another level. Get a seam threat in the middle and a tall red zone target. Put a talent like that in the middle of the field with Wallace on slants and 9s will be deadly in creating a diverse offense with all of the other weapons including Sims as a second TE and Gibson in the slot and Hartline moving around. The way this team has been built its a luxury this team can now spend a 1st on in 2014.

I wanted Eifert in 2013 but ended up happy with the Jordan trade up.

It's mostly talent on this team...there isn't any high end talent at tight end...some of it is also system fit...it's not an easy system to play in

Ya know...on paper...and in theory...Michael Egnew is the prototype TE for this offense

/ducks

Ya know...on paper...and in theory...Michael Egnew is the prototype TE for this offense

/ducks

Classic workout warrior. ..post numbers at the combine that don't reflect the play in games

Classic workout warrior. ..post numbers at the combine that don't reflect the play in games

We shall see. If the draftniks were right and Egnew was a project from the get go, this would be the year for him to show he's got something to contribute. With Keller down and the affinity of this O for 4 wide sets, he'll certainly get his oppurtunity. I'm rooting for the kid.

I just wonder why anyone drafts these guys from Mizzou. Their system is so unlike anything seen in the NFL..yet year after year Mizzou's offensive weapons get picked high. I knew Gabbert was a bum in college, for instance, and Kiper shot him up the boards. The kid owes Kiper a game check, minimum

Could it just possibly be that this front office is unable to evaluate and draft playmakers? They do have a history that can be evaluated in this area.

Could it just possibly be that this front office is unable to evaluate and draft playmakers? They do have a history that can be evaluated in this area.

I think that is most likely the case. I trust Ireland to draft defense all day long. Offense...not so much. But supposedly Philbin's input on offense is no small thing

Speaking of Egnew, I find it funny that it seems like the guy's best asset now... is his attitude when he's run blocking.

Just weird. Also probably not a good sign for his NFL future.

Speaking of Egnew, I find it funny that it seems like the guy's best asset now... is his attitude when he's run blocking.

Just weird. Also probably not a good sign for his NFL future.

What do u mean?

What do u mean?

Mostly the fact that I didn't see him make a lot of impressive plays in the passing game during the preseason, but I did see him block the stuffing out of a couple of guys. I mean, I still wouldn't say he's a great blocker, so I don't think that's a good development for him.

In the last preseason game, he ran some decent routes for Devlin that I feel like Tannehill would've hit in stride. Maybe since his receiving Is more of a known quantity they wanted to see him blocking. Fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom