Team of miami? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Team of miami?

dwadeattack said:
most of the fin fans have bags on their heads.

Actually, I don't know about you, but the vast majority of Dolfans couldn't be more excited about the direction this team is going and the future under this new regime.

Did you hear Wanny ain't here no more?

dwadeattack said:
however, most of the fin fans have bags on their heads.
They are the hot team now, but say if football season happened the same time as b-ball then miami would still be the team and if there are people with bags on their head like you state then they shouldn't be fans. Every team goes through rough times in the NFL because of the cap and other circumstances.I know for myself and most of my family who lives in miami we are proud fans and will state it. Not walk around with a bag on my head.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Not just the team of South Florida, they are the team of Florida, for that matter.

Here in NJ, they are the 2nd most popular non-local team (Cowboys #1), and if you look through the whole country, Miami might have a good case on being the 2nd most popular team in the country.

dwadeattack said:
just throw out the panthers bc no one cares about hockey.

oh? well, thank you for speaking for all of us... but you're rather WRONG... not everyone cares nothing for hockey...

the heat are big right now cause there is no football. Lets see how the press goes next october/november when they are competing for ratings.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Actually, I don't know about you, but the vast majority of Dolfans couldn't be more excited about the direction this team is going and the future under this new regime.

I understand a lot of dolfans are excited, but excited about unprovens. Its easy for us all to sit here and say if this happens, and that happens, then this could happen. But the fact of the matter is that we can speculate about all of these unprovens, but there is nothing to be excited about until they do something. Unlike the heat, who have proven themselves and are about to win a championshsip, unlike our beloved fins who havent won a championship in wat seems like an eternity. And if championships decide who is the team of miami, then the marlins are the team (i still think its the heat).

and yes, i do know that wanny is gone!

awing_pilot said:
the heat are big right now cause there is no football. Lets see how the press goes next october/november when they are competing for ratings.
Exactly. Anyway he wasn't really posing this as a question just as a way to get his love of the heat on the main forum I THINK. He started a thread like this in another forum about who cares about the fins right now or something like that.

This is the same guy who said "Who cares about the fins". He needs to find a heat board to join.

The Dolphins will always be kings of Miami. That won't ever change. The early success they had (perfection you know? :) ) and the fact that NFL football is king of all sports makes this a reality.

dwadeattack said:
I understand a lot of dolfans are excited, but excited about unprovens. Its easy for us all to sit here and say if this happens, and that happens, then this could happen. But the fact of the matter is that we can speculate about all of these unprovens, but there is nothing to be excited about until they do something. Unlike the heat, who have proven themselves and are about to win a championshsip, unlike our beloved fins who havent won a championship in wat seems like an eternity. And if championships decide who is the team of miami, then the marlins are the team (i still think its the heat).

You just made my argument for me.

If championships dictated who the local favorite was, the Fins would be out of the running. But ever since the '72 season, throughout the drought, the Dolphins have dominated South Florida and will continue to do so.

You know, this whole thing may just be two different perceptions. Yes, we agree with you that the Heat are the buzz, the hot thing, the cliche if you will, of Miami right now.

But if you think that in sheer numbers, there are more Heat enthusists than those of the Dolphins, you are just plain wrong, and I can't think of any other way to put it.

You go take a poll in South Florida right now. Ask people which team they MOST want to win a championship.
The Dolphins will by far and away blow everyone else out the water in the results of that poll.

Dude, you'd be HARD PRESSED to find 100,000 people across the US who give a flip about the Heat outside Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties, and I'd be surprised if there are more than 100,000 citizens within THOSE counties who are passionate about the Heat.

DolphinDevil28 said:

Amen to that..as for who has more fans it has to be the Dolphins..Very old school fans like myself will never give up on the Fins, No 4-12 season will shake my pride or passion from being a Fins fan. Sure I follow other sports but NOTHING compares to Dolphins Football NOTHING. I Bleed Orange & Aqua ,At least I wish I did!:evil:

byroan said:
This is the same guy who said "Who cares about the fins". He needs to find a heat board to join.

HEH... I just checked his posts and you're right. Three of the threads he's started were about "why are you guys talking about the Dolphins" "who is the face of Miami sports", and now, "Miami's team". The point behind each one was about why the Heat should be more important than the Dolphins.

Really, as someone said to you in your stupid thread, "why don't you go find a Heat board to post on"?

Back
Top Bottom