Team of miami? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Team of miami?

tay0365 said:
Here in NJ, they are the 2nd most popular non-local team (Cowboys #1), and if you look through the whole country, Miami might have a good case on being the 2nd most popular team in the country.

:roflmao:

PressCoverage said:
oh? well, thank you for speaking for all of us... but you're rather WRONG... not everyone cares nothing for hockey...

thats right, who can forget in 96 in miami with the rats during the cup run???

that was cool.......:D

JT said during one of the heat games that if miami wins the chamionship it will definetly be a basketball city IMO they'll need at least 2 championships and a 60 win season bottom line to even spell dolphins

The Dolphins are established.They sell out their season tickets every year and they rank among the top TV markets.In other words its a cash cow for investors.

The Marlins and the Heat are a long way off from achieving that type of success.
They could be considered flash in the pan operations although that status can change with time.There is no doubt that the Dolphins are the premier franchise in South Florida
win or lose .

I love what the Heat are doing...

but its laughable to suggest that Miami is anything but a Dolphin town...

forever.

I dont understand what the arguement here is. I dont think anyone would question that there are more fins fans than heat fans, and during the season the dolphins are, no question, the team of miami. But for right now, during the offseason, after a not-so-good season, with the heat playing great in the playoffs, the heat are the team for right now.

as of right now its the Heat...and thats b/c we have the biggest sports star on our team in Shaq

I just don't see how this can even be a debatable question, especially if you have lived in South Florida. That being said, I LOVE all my teams in Miami (aside from the Canes, FSU BABY), the Fins, Marlins, Heat and Panthers. I have been a fan in crap seasons, good season, and great seasons. However, the Dolphins have been the face of Miami since the 60's. Yes, the Heat is playing lights out and before its over D. Wade and Shaq will be icons of the Magic City, but for almost 40 years Miami has eaten, slept, and crapped the Dolphins. No other team comes close. Not the Heat with this awesome run, not the Marlins with their 2 championships, and not the Panthers with their Stanley Cup run back in 96. Miami is forever the Dolphin's city to lose... or we get nuked.

That being said, the Dolphins are Miami's team. Heat players have said so too, I can't recall who but it was during a game against the Nets in the regular season.
It's always great to have a good basketball team but I'd give my left arm to see the fins win a Super Bowl.

You can listen to sports radio right now and the calls are probably split between the fins n heat. The heat are in the playoffs and its split! If that doesn't tell you what this city is all about you are clueless. There is absolutely nothing to talk about right now really in terms of football and everyone is on this site talkin fins not heat.

dwadeattack said:
yes, the heat do come close to the fins. im not sure if u live in south florida or not, bc if u do, i have no idea wat ur doing with ur free time. i only say that bc the heat is wats sweeping all of south florida, the state, and the country really.

That may be true, but I was in South Florida when the Marlins were in the World Series and there was plenty of Hoopla surrounding them. We can't let the taste of success taint our judgement here. I think the true question is what team do South floridians want to win a championship over any of the other. If I was a betting man, and I am, I would comfortably bet there are at least twice as many people who would say the Dolphins. This is of course at the begining of the season with both teams being 0-0. Right now there is tons of Hoopla around the Heat becuase they are currently in contention. Remember, and it will happen if the fins climb back to prominence, but the Heat bandwagon fans are probably near full strength at this point. It's human nature. Look at me even. I consider myself a Red Sox fan but don't even know what place they're in right now but last year during the playoffs I could probably could have told you the score to every game, who pitched, who homered, who blew the save and how the grass on the field looked.

By the way if you asked me before last seaon what I'd rather see the Red Sox win the world series or the fins win the Super Bowl the answer, without hesitation, would be Fins winning the Super Bowl.

Doktor Ivel said:
i think that the Heat are more popular, but more people watch football than nba, so there are prolly more fins fans...also the Heat havent been in the NBA as long as some other NBA teams, so some of the older population in Miami, are prolly NBA fans of other basketball teams.

Most of this post makes no sense. However there was one good point. More people do watch Football than Basketball becuase the NFL delivers a superior product to any other major sports leaugue. That includes the NBA, MLB, NHL (HAHAHAHA) Nascar, anything period.

The Dolphins are by far the face of Miami professional sports. If we are going to throw college in there then I think that the University of Miami could offer some strong competition.

Not only do the Dolphins have far more history than the Heat but they also are in the strongest sports league in the world.

dwadeattack said:
I understand a lot of dolfans are excited, but excited about unprovens. Its easy for us all to sit here and say if this happens, and that happens, then this could happen. But the fact of the matter is that we can speculate about all of these unprovens, but there is nothing to be excited about until they do something. Unlike the heat, who have proven themselves and are about to win a championshsip, unlike our beloved fins who havent won a championship in wat seems like an eternity. And if championships decide who is the team of miami, then the marlins are the team (i still think its the heat).

and yes, i do know that wanny is gone!

Actually your the only one hear who seems to think winning decides who is the team of Miami. In reality it's fan base and that only makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom