Ted Larsen prefers to play a different position next season

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, Jan 11, 2018.

1. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

2. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

Good God, he's still in our plans?
    Lets hope not

3. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

He wasn’t an eye sore. I hope we don’t just roll with him as plan A, but he should be kept for depth at guard / center. He’s cheap and under contract another year i believe

Lovethefish likes this.
  4. Manning

Manning Scout Team

Our line actually got better when he came back from ir

5. Travis34

LT- Tunsil, Sterup
    LG- (draft pick/FA),
    C- Pouncey, Brendel
    RG- Larsen, Asiata
    RT- Davis, Smith

(Personally hope bring in at least 2 new OL regardless)

I think this is a highly possible lineup. A lot of us want Pouncey gone, but it seems unlikely at this point. I think Davis was better at RT than RG, thus maybe we let Larsen slide over, and let James walk. Which I’m fine with.

I think, depending on who we bring in during the off-season, this is an OL we can get by with, maybe Asiata beats out Larsen but all of those guys should be options on the inside.

Jay131866 and Albert Romano like this.
  6. Tannchise

Tannchise Banned Hammered

LT is available

7. MikeO

MikeO Premium Member Finheaven VIP Donator

That is just re-shuffling the deck from this past years failed o-line and hoping for a different result. Can't bring back 4 of 5 starters and hope for a different result

8. Tannchise

Tannchise Banned Hammered

that's the exact platform of this team.also include members the defense and qb. I don't know what miracle they are hoping for

9. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

We have no legit LG on this team.

Larsen, Davis and Asiata all play RG, with Larsen having some LG/C ability and Davis having some RT ability.

Miami needs to invest in a really good LG. Not only for the benefit of the QB and running game, but to the benefit of your franchise LT you drafted two years ago.

Throwing Steen next to him to start the year was a joke.

Funny enough, your best LG on the team might be Mike Pouncey. Sure he played meh at guard when we tried him there a few years ago, but that shows you the state of the LG position on this team right now. I would consider giving Brendal reps at C and kicking Pouncey left if we don't address the position. Then Larsen can be a 3 tier backup on game days. Question becomes do they resign James. If they don't they maybe kick Davis to RT and then give a shot to Asiata to battle Larsen for RG.

Either way Miami needs a LG prospect/FA brought on this team in the offseason.

Enough is enough.

Dakar001 and Phinatic8u like this.
  10. hoops

hoops exited stage left Hammered

Justin Pugh is a left guard and he plays a very solid one.

When healthy. Caveat being the healthy part.

Been hurt a lot. He’s not gonna be cheap either if he gets away from the giants

11. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

What about moving Sterup to LG? He just seems so slow for the LT position .

12. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

As depth I agree but like you said "plan A" should be out of the question

joenhre and Travis34 like this.
  13. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

Not sure how many 6'9'' guards there are in the NFL
    might be problematic for passing lanes

14. MP-Omnis

MP-Omnis Larry King, Antique Bandwagon

Larsen can play all the RG he wants after the fins sign Quenton Nelson.

15. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

I must admit, I'm warming to the idea of Nelson in the 1st. There's a very good chance he will be there at 11

16. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

He is like a more athletic and just as nasty Ritchie Incognito. He should be there at 11, even if todays mocks have him a bit earlier.

I never advocate for OL this early, but the idea of battling UDFAs and 30 year old career backups for LG in 2018 should just fall on deaf ears to everybody.

Hell I am not even in love with Davis at RG, but he showed some potential with live bullets and with Larsen and Asiata, you figure you can exit camp feeling at least decent at RG.

You are not giving Norwell the contract he will demand . . . If not Nelson, then you better damn sure be on the ball in round 2 for LG.

Travis34 and rent this space like this.
  17. maralieus

maralieus Lets get those balls deep!!

Too bad davis already has that spot. I dont want Davis at RT like some seem to. Keep James. Keept Davis at RG. Pouncey can stay one more season to help groom a rook. Ohio states billy price comes to mind.

18. Eesti

Eesti Rookie

Wyatt Teller, LG Virginia Tech, , mid rounds. He may jump up to the second round after eval's.

247 sports.com

phish, Dakar001, Beach Bum 91 and 2 others like this.
  19. Albert Romano

Albert Romano Super Donator Super Donator Finheaven VIP

The one knock (ok not that much of a knock) is that he doesn’t move well when he gets out in space and that may effect the running game at the pro level. He obviously dominates off the snap.

Any comments? We tend to draf (supposedly) the more athletic smaller type OL although you wouldn’t know that since we still cant run screens effectively

20. Kdawg954

I dunno, i have watched a few games of him and keyed on him a bit. If people consider it a weakness that he doesn't move very well, it is only because he is so damn dominant In other areas. Violent dude man and he definitely can move . . . Nah he ain't Cooper out in space when he was a prospect but he more than holds his own.

That said you are talking i have maybe watched 5 or 6 games of the guy, certainly not 30.

I think he is a glove fit for us and exactly what is needed on our line. I would consider it more than a consolation prize if we have to "settle" for him at 11.

Albert Romano and Beach Bum 91 like this.
  21. thaemcee2

thaemcee2 B.A.M.F. 0321

I like Pugh but his injury history worries me...and I dont want to spend alot of $ on any position for a guy who is very good at his pos but yet has that injury history...Luke Joekel? Andrew Norwell? maybe we just draft one high

22. hoops

that's probably the way to look at it...he's been hurt too much...when healthy he's a very good left guard...not a tackle giants failed him when they put him there...

23. AJ Duhe

AJ Duhe FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I don't think Washburn has had a chance to evaluate tape from last year, but ultimately I think he will choose to maintain the tackle position, with the exception of James who I expect to be a cap casualty. I think he will roll with Pouncey and Brendel at Center. Hopefully they can find 3 OG/C from a combination of the draft and free agency to compete for an open spot at
    LG, compete with Larsen at RG, and serve as a potential long-term replacement for Pouncey.
    * Note -- I didn't forget about Asiata, I just don't see him as a realistic option given his limited mobility and position flexibility. I think he gets cut.

LT - Tunsil, Smith
    LG - Rookie/FA
    C - Pouncey, Brendel
    RG - Larsen/Rookie/FA,
    RT - Davis, Young

24. Danny

Danny Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I don't think anybody would cry if we drafted Nelson but there's a good chance he won't be there at 11. But there's going to be a few good guards/centers when we pick at 42 and even at 73. I'd not draft a guard AFTER the 3rd round as we already have enough of those guys......if you're going to draft a guard then draft a guard that will actually make a freaking difference once and for all. Don't waste a pick on a guy that won't see the field like Asiata

Ozzy rules!!

Albert Romano likes this.
  25. Lovethefish

Lovethefish Well-Known Member

Signing Pugh to a reasonable contract to play LG and drafting a Center is definite possibility. He's not a Tackle. The Giants have had worse time than the Dolphins with their OL

26. Lovethefish

Lovethefish Well-Known Member

I have to disagree with Davis at RT.
    The kid bounced around different Practice Squads for 2-3 years- not much experience- he was former DT in college converted Jr year.
    He finally found success at RG. Don't mess with it. Pencil him in at RG and let him grow into the position for next 10 years.
    I understand you may want to save $$ on James. Not sure if Smith is the answer or resign Jones for less than the 8 Mill.

27. hoops

I’m gonna disagree I think Nelson will be there at 11

But it only takes one team and you never know. Every off script player that goes in front of us is a plus

Kdawg954 likes this.
  28. hoops

No doubt. Giants o line has been awful

It’s been what miamis used to be frankly

29. AJ Duhe

AJ Duhe FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

If I remember correctly, Davis graded out pretty well at RT too. Whatever position he ultimately plays, I too hope the coaching staff lets him stick to it and grow into it.

30. Travis34

Well i don’t personally want Pouncey here anymore but it doesn’t seem like we will cut him at the moment. We have pieces to build on, like Tunsil, Davis, and maybe Smith.

I really think Eric Smith could be a solid player for us.

I’d like to draft one guard and a center to develop

31. MP-Omnis

MP-Omnis Larry King, Antique Bandwagon

Draft both Teller and Nelson then, lol. I'm tired of this giant ***** offensive line. They're so dumb they couldn't even tell their coach was on blow.

We need some big appalachian fleshmonsters that show up in bigass lifted trucks to haul their nuts in. This franchise would've been so different even if they had drafted Lane Johnson instead of Dion Jordan.

We at least need to have one guy in there that can influence the group. Pouncey spends his spare time going to clubs in Miami wearing Aaron Hernandez hats. We need the kind of dude that spends his time either in the gym or looking to kill something for sport.

Birdmond and DolfanDuBbZ~ like this.
  32. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

Miami FH consensus: let's put our 30 yr old QB behind another line made up from the bargain bin.

Miami Front Office agrees.

Following terms like "pissing blood" to follow.