Ted Larsen prefers to play a different position next season | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ted Larsen prefers to play a different position next season

I must admit, I'm warming to the idea of Nelson in the 1st. There's a very good chance he will be there at 11

He is like a more athletic and just as nasty Ritchie Incognito. He should be there at 11, even if todays mocks have him a bit earlier.

I never advocate for OL this early, but the idea of battling UDFAs and 30 year old career backups for LG in 2018 should just fall on deaf ears to everybody.

Hell I am not even in love with Davis at RG, but he showed some potential with live bullets and with Larsen and Asiata, you figure you can exit camp feeling at least decent at RG.

You are not giving Norwell the contract he will demand . . . If not Nelson, then you better damn sure be on the ball in round 2 for LG.

Too bad davis already has that spot. I dont want Davis at RT like some seem to. Keep James. Keept Davis at RG. Pouncey can stay one more season to help groom a rook. Ohio states billy price comes to mind.

Wyatt Teller, LG Virginia Tech, , mid rounds. He may jump up to the second round after eval's.

Virginia Tech Hokies Left Guard Wyatt Teller is in a league of his own, after an infographic from Pro Football Focus was posted on Wednesday. Teller, a 6-foot-5 315-pound redshirt senior, has been a starter on the offensive line all season long. Commonly known for his ability to be a mauler in the run game, Teller has improved his overall pass protection allowing only a single QB pressure throughout the entire 2017 season.
247 sports.com

He is like a more athletic and just as nasty Ritchie Incognito. He should be there at 11, even if todays mocks have him a bit earlier.

I never advocate for OL this early, but the idea of battling UDFAs and 30 year old career backups for LG in 2018 should just fall on deaf ears to everybody.

Hell I am not even in love with Davis at RG, but he showed some potential with live bullets and with Larsen and Asiata, you figure you can exit camp feeling at least decent at RG.

You are not giving Norwell the contract he will demand . . . If not Nelson, then you better damn sure be on the ball in round 2 for LG.

The one knock (ok not that much of a knock) is that he doesn’t move well when he gets out in space and that may effect the running game at the pro level. He obviously dominates off the snap.

Any comments? We tend to draf (supposedly) the more athletic smaller type OL although you wouldn’t know that since we still cant run screens effectively

I dunno, i have watched a few games of him and keyed on him a bit. If people consider it a weakness that he doesn't move very well, it is only because he is so damn dominant In other areas. Violent dude man and he definitely can move . . . Nah he ain't Cooper out in space when he was a prospect but he more than holds his own.

That said you are talking i have maybe watched 5 or 6 games of the guy, certainly not 30.

I think he is a glove fit for us and exactly what is needed on our line. I would consider it more than a consolation prize if we have to "settle" for him at 11.

Justin Pugh is a left guard and he plays a very solid one.

When healthy. Caveat being the healthy part.

Been hurt a lot. He’s not gonna be cheap either if he gets away from the giants
I like Pugh but his injury history worries me...and I dont want to spend alot of $ on any position for a guy who is very good at his pos but yet has that injury history...Luke Joekel? Andrew Norwell? maybe we just draft one high

I like Pugh but his injury history worries me...and I dont want to spend alot of $ on any position for a guy who is very good at his pos but yet has that injury history...Luke Joekel? Andrew Norwell? maybe we just draft one high

that's probably the way to look at it...he's been hurt too much...when healthy he's a very good left guard...not a tackle giants failed him when they put him there...

I don't think Washburn has had a chance to evaluate tape from last year, but ultimately I think he will choose to maintain the tackle position, with the exception of James who I expect to be a cap casualty. I think he will roll with Pouncey and Brendel at Center. Hopefully they can find 3 OG/C from a combination of the draft and free agency to compete for an open spot at
LG, compete with Larsen at RG, and serve as a potential long-term replacement for Pouncey.
* Note -- I didn't forget about Asiata, I just don't see him as a realistic option given his limited mobility and position flexibility. I think he gets cut.

LT - Tunsil, Smith
LG - Rookie/FA
C - Pouncey, Brendel
RG - Larsen/Rookie/FA,
RT - Davis, Young

I don't think anybody would cry if we drafted Nelson but there's a good chance he won't be there at 11. But there's going to be a few good guards/centers when we pick at 42 and even at 73. I'd not draft a guard AFTER the 3rd round as we already have enough of those guys......if you're going to draft a guard then draft a guard that will actually make a freaking difference once and for all. Don't waste a pick on a guy that won't see the field like Asiata

Ozzy rules!!

that's probably the way to look at it...he's been hurt too much...when healthy he's a very good left guard...not a tackle giants failed him when they put him there...
Signing Pugh to a reasonable contract to play LG and drafting a Center is definite possibility. He's not a Tackle. The Giants have had worse time than the Dolphins with their OL

I don't think Washburn has had a chance to evaluate tape from last year, but ultimately I think he will choose to maintain the tackle position, with the exception of James who I expect to be a cap casualty. I think he will roll with Pouncey and Brendel at Center. Hopefully they can find 3 OG/C from a combination of the draft and free agency to compete for an open spot at
LG, compete with Larsen at RG, and serve as a potential long-term replacement for Pouncey.
* Note -- I didn't forget about Asiata, I just don't see him as a realistic option given his limited mobility and position flexibility. I think he gets cut.

LT - Tunsil, Smith
LG - Rookie/FA
C - Pouncey, Brendel
RG - Larsen/Rookie/FA,
RT - Davis, Young

I have to disagree with Davis at RT.
The kid bounced around different Practice Squads for 2-3 years- not much experience- he was former DT in college converted Jr year.
He finally found success at RG. Don't mess with it. Pencil him in at RG and let him grow into the position for next 10 years.
I understand you may want to save $$ on James. Not sure if Smith is the answer or resign Jones for less than the 8 Mill.

I’m gonna disagree I think Nelson will be there at 11

But it only takes one team and you never know. Every off script player that goes in front of us is a plus

Signing Pugh to a reasonable contract to play LG and drafting a Center is definite possibility. He's not a Tackle. The Giants have had worse time than the Dolphins with their OL

No doubt. Giants o line has been awful

It’s been what miamis used to be frankly

I have to disagree with Davis at RT.
The kid bounced around different Practice Squads for 2-3 years- not much experience- he was former DT in college converted Jr year.
He finally found success at RG. Don't mess with it. Pencil him in at RG and let him grow into the position for next 10 years.
I understand you may want to save $$ on James. Not sure if Smith is the answer or resign Jones for less than the 8 Mill.

If I remember correctly, Davis graded out pretty well at RT too. Whatever position he ultimately plays, I too hope the coaching staff lets him stick to it and grow into it.

That is just re-shuffling the deck from this past years failed o-line and hoping for a different result. Can't bring back 4 of 5 starters and hope for a different result
Well i don’t personally want Pouncey here anymore but it doesn’t seem like we will cut him at the moment. We have pieces to build on, like Tunsil, Davis, and maybe Smith.

I really think Eric Smith could be a solid player for us.

I’d like to draft one guard and a center to develop

Back
Top Bottom