Teddy Bridgewater Discussion (resignining With The Saints) | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Teddy Bridgewater Discussion (resignining With The Saints)

It's hard to criticize this move, or to applaud it, cause I have absolutely no idea what the plan is with this FO.

I thought I knew, but if they do go ahead and sign Teddy, then I have to admit I'll be back to being totally confused.

Maybe the draft will clear things up.

It's difficult to work out isn't it ? You could easily make the argument that going for Teddy, spells the end of the Tannehill years and means we aren't likely to go for a QB in 2019. However one key point is out there, obviously we didn't offer him starter money and/or assurances first time round, now we are back to the table something has changed. At the numbers we are probably looking at here, if he signs you could make a case for it being to be the starer in a prove it or lose it kind of role in 2019 and we go high in 2020 for a QB, or to compete with Tannehill for the starter spot in 2019, with the loser being most likely cut, or he's being brought in to initially start but mentor at top QB pick in 2019. I would be totally on board with the first or third scenario, if we are going the middle route I would continue the ritual of banging my head against the wall with this franchise.

Lets be honest. No player miami has gotten rid of, is hard to replace.
I'll give you that but Gore would help any QB and so would sitton if he's out there and Amendola too. I'm ok with replacing them. Just saying if you want to win now you'd keep them.

I'll give you that but Gore would help any QB and so would sitton if he's out there and Amendola too. I'm ok with replacing them. Just saying if you want to win now you'd keep them.
At least this offseason will be interesting to watch. For nothing else, to see what the final 53 will look like. Probably more exciting than the actual season. lol

So he balked at a possible starting gig with more money? What am I missing here?

Umm....That Drew Brees is old, probably only Has a couple of years left and that He is hoping he can become the saints QB of the future.

Look at the age.. the goal is development of young players..over 31 no real use for ya

remember something. This team can't draft the right O-line guy in the first round but you think they'll find the right QB in the later rounds?

I don’t necessarily mean later rounds, but you don’t need a top 5 pick to find a QB.

And if you’re using the argument that Miami can’t find a decent OL in the first round, then why so confident they’ll find the right QB in the first?

It's difficult to work out isn't it ? You could easily make the argument that going for Teddy, spells the end of the Tannehill years and means we aren't likely to go for a QB in 2019. However one key point is out there, obviously we didn't offer him starter money and/or assurances first time round, now we are back to the table something has changed. At the numbers we are probably looking at here, if he signs you could make a case for it being to be the starer in a prove it or lose it kind of role in 2019 and we go high in 2020 for a QB, or to compete with Tannehill for the starter spot in 2019, with the loser being most likely cut, or he's being brought in to initially start but mentor at top QB pick in 2019. I would be totally on board with the first or third scenario, if we are going the middle route I would continue the ritual of banging my head against the wall with this franchise.
Yeah, if the signing goes through I will have many, MANY questions I didn't have initially.

The most important one is, if we're bringing in a guy with an injury history to be our starting QB, what are we going to do with the OL to offer him the best protection possible?

In a draft that has lots of defensive talent, are we going to invest high draft picks in OL players?

What about our needs at the DL? Or the fact that with our new scheme we'll need to add plenty of more players in the secondary?

What will be our priority in this year's draft?

So. many. questions.

I don’t necessarily mean later rounds, but you don’t need a top 5 pick to find a QB.

And if you’re using the argument that Miami can’t find a decent OL in the first round, then why so confident they’ll find the right QB in the first?
cause is hard to miss when you have the top pick of the draft....lol

Look at the age.. the goal is development of young players..over 31 no real use for ya
well I wasn't talking about developing players. I meant they could help out Teddy for a year if he was to come here

but if that's how the FO feels, then why did we let go of 3 vet players that can help him win? See the contradiction by the FO?

Well James and Wake are just no brainers for the contracts they got. I didn't like like letting go of Sitton personally. But maybe there's more to his injuries than we know.

Back
Top Bottom