Teddy Bridgewater Discussion (resignining With The Saints) | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Teddy Bridgewater Discussion (resignining With The Saints)

Miami needs to start some qb for 2019. Thill is too much money. They are not going to stick Falk or Rudock out there.
why not?.....better to go 2-14 than 6-10. This is why we've been stuck in the middle of the pack for so long.

No that one probably got cancelled by us getting Rowe. This one would stop us from getting one for James
I’m not too sure how the comp system works I know it’s a little tricky. But I wouldn’t think a 1 year deal worth 3.5 cancels out a 3 year 23 million dollar deal (7.3 per year). Rowe’s deal would be closer to frank gores. I could be way off but just my opinion based off the numbers

why not?.....better to go 2-14 than 6-10. This is why we've been stuck in the middle of the pack for so long.

I agree. I would rather have them start Falk and go 2-14 with a chance at the #1 pick in the 2020 draft to get their QB than sign Bridgewater and have them go 7-9 with no chance at a high draft pick in 2020.

Rooting to lose for the best pick available is just silly. KC only had to trade up to #10 to land Mahomes. Aaron Rodgers was available in the 2nd half of the 1st round. Philly was able to move up from the middle of the round to #2 to get their QB.

Rooting to lose for the best pick available is just silly. KC only had to trade up to #10 to land Mahomes. Aaron Rodgers was available in the 2nd half of the 1st round. Philly was able to move up from the middle of the round to #2 to get their QB.
I'm not rooting to lose. I'm rooting for the chance to have the team get better in the long run. We're never going to win anything by doing the things that haven't worked before. Two great QB's are going to be there in 2020 and we can't just trade up unless those teams in front of us want to trade down. Rodgers was a long time ago. These days teams reach for QB's all the time so the good ones don't last long.

Winning 6 or 7 games this coming season doesn't do anything to help this team but winning only 1 or 2 could help us in the long run so no, I'm not rooting for us to lose. I'm just sick of being middle of the pack and so should everyone else.

That is not why we were stuck in the middle of the pack for so long. The reason is that in the past our FO and coaches were unable to make the right picks and FA pickups to move us up.

Winning 6 or 7 games this coming season doesn't do anything to help this team but winning only 1 or 2 could help us in the long run so no, I'm not rooting for us to lose. I'm just sick of being middle of the pack and so should everyone else.
Why not just own it? This statement is a contradiction in itself. You don't want the team to win 6-7 games. Just 1 or 2. That is wanting them to lose. Just own it. You want miami to lose. You would be ecstatic if miami went 0-16 if it meant 1st overall pick.

I'm not rooting to lose. I'm rooting for the chance to have the team get better in the long run. We're never going to win anything by doing the things that haven't worked before. Two great QB's are going to be there in 2020 and we can't just trade up unless those teams in front of us want to trade down. Rodgers was a long time ago. These days teams reach for QB's all the time so the good ones don't last long.

I get what you’re saying, but for every Mayfield and Andrew Luck taken first overall, which leads to a winning franchise, there’s also a Jamarcus Russell, Alex Smith, and Jameis Winston leading to another decade of mediocrity

Why not just own it? This statement is a contradiction in itself. You don't want the team to win 6-7 games. Just 1 or 2. That is wanting them to lose. Just own it. You want miami to lose. You would be ecstatic if miami went 0-16 if it meant 1st overall pick.
Ok, I'll modified my answer
I'd rather see them lose bad for one year(this coming season) than to continue to go 7-9 8-8 or 6-10 every year like we've been doing so yes, I want them to lose this year but for a good cause.
If you're happy with 7-9 seasons then fine by me.

I get what you’re saying, but for every Mayfield and Andrew Luck taken first overall, which leads to a winning franchise, there’s also a Jamarcus Russell, Alex Smith, and Jameis Winston leading to another decade of mediocrity
I agree that does that mean you'd rather go 7-9 every year instead of trying to hit a home run?

Back
Top Bottom