Teddy Bridgewater Discussion (resignining With The Saints) | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Teddy Bridgewater Discussion (resignining With The Saints)

if this happens then less cap space for next year plus it hurts our chances of getting any comp picks at all.
He has some talent but is he good enough or are we going back to middle of the pack?

Well this is getting interesting. Of the two, I'd much rather have TD that Taylor. But I'm still worried that this keeps us at a 7-9 team.

I have no doubts he'll scramble better than RT and he'll have to considering the current state of the OL.

Well this is getting interesting. Of the two, I'd much rather have TD that Taylor. But I'm still worried that this keeps us at a 7-9 team.

I have no doubts he'll scramble better than RT and he'll have to considering the current state of the OL.
he scrambles better than Tanny but he still takes a lot of sacks. I'm just worry all this does is keep us as a 7-9 6-10 team. I really would like us to get a top 3 pick next year and get our QB there but yet here we are again with the band aide that we were told we'd not do anymore.

he scrambles better than Tanny but he still takes a lot of sacks. I'm just worry all this does is keep us as a 7-9 6-10 team. I really would like us to get a top 3 pick next year and get our QB there but yet here we are again with the band aide that we were told we'd not do anymore.

My thoughts exactly.

Right. But ---------- big difference!

:)

And if they believe in the kid, and he's good with that -- it's a low risk proposition on our part

unless you're like totally sold on the losing deliberately thing VS aggressive rebuild.

I disagree that there's a big difference.

Teddy Bridgewater was trending upward late in the 2016 season; he looked like he was about to take the next step to become a very good NFL QB...and then he had a knee injury that pretty much derailed his career.

You can take the words "Teddy Bridgewater" out of my previous sentence and put in "Ryan Tannehill," and you won't get a lot of people to disagree with that statement.

The difference, to me, is as follows:

- We pretty much know what Ryan Tannehill is after his injuries at this point. We don't know that for certain about Bridgewater, because he's started one game since his injury. Is it LIKELY that he'll become a very good NFL QB at this point in his career? No. But it's much more likely than it is for Tannehill at this point.

- Teddy Bridgewater wouldn't cost the team almost $27mm in 2019. Tannehill would.

- Teddy Bridgewater is 26.

That's about it. If the team can get Bridgewater for something like 2 years/12 million? Awesome. Because if he is, as expected, an average QB who won't elevate a roster that is currently getting rid of all its high-priced players, and will likely be considerably less talented than last year? We're probably still looking at a 4-5 win season. And that puts you in a position to draft a top QB in 2020.

Dang. My sarcasm wasn't thick enough.

The bigger joke will be the contract we give to someone that hasnt started a meaningful game in three years.

Haha I thought so but I wasn't quite sure.

Also, if training camp starts this year with Ryan Tannehill and Adam Gase with most of his offensive coaching staff from last year...in New York, while Teddy Bridgewater is the #1 QB in Miami, I will be amused.

Back
Top Bottom