Tell me about your run D. Are you ready for Ahman Green? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tell me about your run D. Are you ready for Ahman Green?

You can't stay on subject. Nice to see you are so intelligent the best you can come up with is to call me a dumb###.

Classless!

OK boys, let's look at this objectively. Miami is pretty good statistically on their run defence, but Buffalo rolled it up on you for 132 yards. Miami fans maintain that this was because Miami's defence rushed only four, which left the ground game open for Travis Henry. OK, that's a reasonable assertion. The reason Miami chose to do that was their desire to try and control the Bills passing game. I think we can all agree on that, right. So the issue the becomes how many offensive weapons can GB throw at Miami. Miami has a good secondary, but they felt they had to cheat toward extra pass defence because of Buffalo's tandem of Price and Moulds, not to mention a pretty good receiving TE, a good receiving FB in Larry Centers, and a good rookie third WR. Favre is a great QB (though his injury is a significant question mark. Does he have enough weapons in the passing game to force Miami to cheat toward defending the pass? If they do, the Ahman Green can have a huge day. If not, then Miami will probably be able to control Green's running and Favre will have to try and win through the air.

Originally posted by TigerJ
OK boys, let's look at this objectively. Miami is pretty good statistically on their run defence, but Buffalo rolled it up on you for 132 yards. Miami fans maintain that this was because Miami's defence rushed only four, which left the ground game open for Travis Henry. OK, that's a reasonable assertion. The reason Miami chose to do that was their desire to try and control the Bills passing game. I think we can all agree on that, right. So the issue the becomes how many offensive weapons can GB throw at Miami. Miami has a good secondary, but they felt they had to cheat toward extra pass defence because of Buffalo's tandem of Price and Moulds, not to mention a pretty good receiving TE, a good receiving FB in Larry Centers, and a good rookie third WR. Favre is a great QB (though his injury is a significant question mark. Does he have enough weapons in the passing game to force Miami to cheat toward defending the pass? If they do, the Ahman Green can have a huge day. If not, then Miami will probably be able to control Green's running and Favre will have to try and win through the air.

Tigerj it is impossible to compare the buffalo game to the packer game. Unless you say we'll have 6 turnovers against the pack. Without those turnovers we wouldn't of been playing catch up, Ricky would of been running more and the bills would have to rely more on there passing, thus less yards for Henry.

The Buffalo defense is below average and the phins made them look like the Iron Curtain.

The Packers have a much better defense than the bills. The big question then is can the phils move the ball on GB? GB will take ricky away from the phins if ray lucas plays like well......ray lucas. Miami's big hope is a low scoring game.

BTW gametime temp is expected to be in the low 30's

Actually, up until the last couple of games, our run defense has sucked. What's changed has been: 1) Gilbert Brown. Forget the middle of the field. Just forget it altogether. There won't be anything there. He's been going off. 2) Kabeer Gbaja Biamila. This will be his third full-time role, and the dude is fast, tough and hungry. Worry about him. He WILL make plays. 3) Cletidus Hunt. Formerly inconsistent. 300+ pounds finally playing good. No weakness here, or with Kampman or Holiday at the other end.

The front four will be no slouches whatsoever. It's our linebackers you should try to work on; they aren't very good.

But the secondary is with or without injuries one of the best in the league. Bring it. Go ahead and throw it. (please)

Please, Gilbert Brown is merely a shadow of his former self. The guy used to be a stud, but now has gone into mediocre. We get Mark Dixon back this week, so that should immensely help our running game......

Originally posted by BMarion31
Please, Gilbert Brown is merely a shadow of his former self. The guy used to be a stud, but now has gone into mediocre. We get Mark Dixon back this week, so that should immensely help our running game......

Actually, he's been looking better than ever.....

You should run Williams all night long. Just not at Brown. I'd attack the flats. Our linebackers are weak.

Hitting the Off-Tackle has een where Miami has seen the most success running the ball, and I don't see that changing this game. I don't think we will see ricky gain many yards up the middle, but when he hits the corners he will churn out yards hand over fist.

Originally posted by Pistol GB
Actually, up until the last couple of games, our run defense has sucked. What's changed has been:

Actually what's changed is that you faced 3 teams in the lower half of rushing in the NFL and still gave up 146 yards to the Skins and almost 6 yards a carry to Antwon Smith. Can't imagine how bad that run D must have been before.

Originally posted by BMarion31
Please, Gilbert Brown is merely a shadow of his former self. The guy used to be a stud, but now has gone into mediocre. We

Why is it so many know it alls on this board think they know every detail about that weeks opponent. There are so many statements made here that are just plain off the wall.

I think seeing as the packer fans watch Brown game in and game out they may have a little better idea of how he is playing than the almighty Dolphin fans.

Originally posted by BillscrushFins
I think seeing as the packer fans watch Brown game in and game out they may have a little better idea of how he is playing than the almighty Dolphin fans.

it's called homerism and not knowing wtf there talking about. :lol:

Originally posted by TigerJ

nice tigerj basically this is what has happened to our opponets this year so far. They pretty much have to pick their posion with us. Attempt to stop Favre or stop Green,and I give alot of credit to the Packer's coaching staff to pick this up and exploit the weakness on the opponet's defense.

You can't stay on subject. Nice to see you are so intelligent the best you can come up with is to call me a dumb###.

Classless!

LMAO. You were the one who accused me of going off topic and not reading posts when you obviously didn't comprehend my post and then when that is thrown back in your face you whine about "staying on subject" about something you caused. Puh-leaze.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
LMAO. You were the one who accused me of going off topic and not reading posts when you obviously didn't comprehend my post and then when that is thrown back in your face you whine about "staying on subject" about something you caused. Puh-leaze.

how about this you take to the smack area? Really.,we grown ups are trying to talk football here. :yell:

Why is it so many know it alls on this board think they know every detail about that weeks opponent. There are so many statements made here that are just plain off the wall.

Believe it or not, I watch as many games I can every week, and I've caught a few Packers games. I've watched him play, and to compare him to the same player he was when they won the Super Bowl a few seasons back is simply wrong. I've seen him play hot and cold. One time, he'll dominate the guard/center, the next time, he'll get blown off the line of scrimmage. Say what you want, but I don't post about something unless I've seen it before. When I know someone is mistaken, as in saying Gilbert Brown is playing better than ever, I come in and disagree. Saying that is simply homeristic. What I want to know is why you feel it necessary to come in and single me out for my opinion......

Back
Top Bottom