Tell me about your run D. Are you ready for Ahman Green? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tell me about your run D. Are you ready for Ahman Green?

Originally posted by WisconsinFan
it's called homerism and not knowing wtf there talking about. :lol:

How is saying Gilbert Brown is a shadow of his former self homeristic? I'm not saying when he plays the Dolphins he will be a shadow of his former self. Homerism is blinly defending your team and players without acknowledging faults. How am I doing this when critiquing Gilbert Brown? If anyone is being homeristic, its the poster who said he is playing better than ever.

Don't give me that crap that I don't know "wtf I'm talking about". Once again, not only have I caught a few Packers games, I'm a defensive player on a college football team and know what to look for......

Originally posted by BMarion31
How is saying Gilbert Brown is a shadow of his former self homeristic? I'm not saying when he plays the Dolphins he will be a shadow of his former self. Homerism is blinly defending your team and players without acknowledging faults. How am I doing this when critiquing Gilbert Brown? If anyone is being homeristic, its the poster who said he is playing better than ever.

Don't give me that crap that I don't know "wtf I'm talking about". Once again, not only have I caught a few Packers games, I'm a defensive player on a college football team and know what to look for......

Don't quit your day job then because apparently you haven't seen Big Gil has lost tons of weight since '96-'97 . He is playing at level that he has never played at before. He is proable one of the better run stuffers in the NFL this year.

This year he has played proable the best he has in his entire career . He is getting alot more reps in practice and on the field. Even more importantly he also seems to be maintaining a higher level of effectiveness late in the games when before he tended to tire and not be as much a factor.

No Homerism ,Straight Facts :p Honestly it's not a big secret that he is playing well either. There have been several write ups this year by national media people about him. Don't believe me? Watch MNF ,I guarantee you he see's double coverage by your OL.

Originally posted by WisconsinFan
Don't quit your day job then because apparently you haven't seen Big Gil has lost tons of weight since '96-'97 . He is playing at level that he has never played at before. He is proable one of the better run stuffers in the NFL this year.

This year he has played proable the best he has in his entire career . He is getting alot more reps in practice and on the field. Even more importantly he also seems to be maintaining a higher level of effectiveness late in the games when before he tended to tire and not be as much a factor.

No Homerism ,Straight Facts :p Honestly it's not a big secret that he is playing well either. There have been several write ups this year by national media people about him. Don't believe me? Watch MNF ,I guarantee you he see's double coverage by your OL.

This whole time, you're using words like probably and seems to be, are you not sure or what? Look, I'm not saying he sucks or whatever, just saying that he isn't as good as you all are talking him up to be. I disagree that he is one of the better run-stuffers in the league. I could name quite a few run-stuffing DTs I'd rather have on my team right now. We'll see about that double coverage stuff this Monday. I think he may sometimes, but if he goes up against Jamie Nails, he'll have his work cut out for him......

This whole time, you're using words like probably and seems to be, are you not sure or what? Look, I'm not saying he sucks or whatever, just saying that he isn't as good as you all are talking him up to be.

No what you said was "Gilbert Brown is merely a shadow of his former self. The guy used to be a stud, but now has gone into mediocre. " Which is untrue ,he playing pretty well this year and better then he was in '96-'97 .

I disagree that he is one of the better run-stuffers in the league. I could name quite a few run-stuffing DTs I'd rather have on my team right now. We'll see about that double coverage stuff this Monday. I think he may sometimes, but if he goes up against Jamie Nails, he'll have his work cut out for him......

sure you proable could. I never said he was "The Best" DT in the league. But to say what you said was asinine and merely a guess on your part.

I think he may sometimes, but if he goes up against Jamie Nails, he'll have his work cut out for him......

YOu say the Bills suck but now you are bragging about a guy that could not even make our team in Jamie Nails?

It was not a guess. From watching a few Packers games, I've decided that he is playing at a mediocre level. To the average fan, he may look awesome playing next to that guy, whats his name, Cletidus Hunt, or whatever, but his play, when watched by someone who knows, is nothing more than mediocre, maybe a little above mediocre. I'm not saying you don't know or anything, but a lot of people don't. Line him up next to Chester McGlockton, Sam Adams, Jesse Parrela, or any other premier run-stuffing DT, and you'd see a definate difference......

Originally posted by BillscrushFins
YOu say the Bills suck but now you are bragging about a guy that could not even make our team in Jamie Nails?

When did I say the Bills sucks? Never, not once this season. Last season I did, but not this season. There is a HUGE difference between the Jamie Nails that you cut and the Jamie Nails playing for us now. Don't take my word for it, take the media's word for it, or better yet, watch him play......

Line him up next to Chester McGlockton, Sam Adams, Jesse Parrela, or any other premier run-stuffing DT, and you'd see a definate difference......

Now who does not know what they are talking about. Adams and Parrela are getting run all over in the Raiders D. They have been giving up 135 yards a game the last 3 weeks. If that is premier DT play I'll take Gilbert Brown.

You're right, their play has definately slipped. I attribute it more to the problems that team is having than reduction in talent, but the fact remains that their play is slipping. They were bad examples, but you all still understand my point? Also, why do you feel the need to argue for the guy? I don't mind a guy playing devil's advocate, but its usually a fan of the team......

It was not a guess. From watching a few Packers games, I've decided that he is playing at a mediocre level. To the average fan, he may look awesome playing next to that guy, whats his name, Cletidus Hunt, or whatever, but his play, when watched by someone who knows, is nothing more than mediocre, maybe a little above mediocre. I'm not saying you don't know or anything, but a lot of people don't. Line him up next to Chester McGlockton, Sam Adams, Jesse Parrela, or any other premier run-stuffing DT, and you'd see a definate difference......

lmao :lol: Look guys peter king is posting here! :lol:

you sir are a homer and I will tell you right out you have no clue wtf your talking about. :lol:

Hmmmm he is playing mediocre cause you said and decided so? :lol: :lol: :lol: Rightttttttttttttt , We gotcha :goof:

Nevermind, its no use arguing with a fan that refuses to use logic. I have no time for this. We'll see Monday night how good your boy Gilbert Brown is. I'm pretty confident he'll get pushed around......

You're right, their play has definately slipped. I attribute it more to the problems that team is having than reduction in talent, but the fact remains that their play is slipping. They were bad examples, but you all still understand my point? Also, why do you feel the need to argue for the guy? I don't mind a guy playing devil's advocate, but its usually a fan of the team......

Peace buddy!:D I'll leave you alone to go at it with the pack fans.

And I agree that these guys(Parella and Adams) did not loose thier talent overnight.

Just goes to prove that point that good players can be made to look bad at times.

Nevermind, its no use arguing with a fan that refuses to use logic. I have no time for this. We'll see Monday night how good your boy Gilbert Brown is. I'm pretty confident he'll get pushed around......

logic? here try this : next time you debate someone use FACTS not opinions :lol: :lol: that's logical ;)

Back
Top Bottom