Tell me why this is news? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tell me why this is news?

Ft. Lauderdale & Miami Gardens = two completely different areas.

Where I grew up, the only gays were definitely the closet ones.. surely.

Also, I'm Jamaican. I think that kind've gives better reasoning here. :lol:

I won't even express how most of us feel on the subject, and for one reason. I respect Finheaven and all of its contributors, so I don't really want to offend anyone or get banned. I'm not as homophobic as I was in middle school and my early years of high school though. Later on in high school, and now in college, has changed my views. Personally, I think it's HILARIOUS - I just don't want to be touched, looked at, or bothered by one.

Well if someone tells me they are gay and starts touching me then I have a huge problem with them....Im with you there. Looked at like....naked or just standing there? Personally I dont wanna get undressed in front of guys period...gay or straight. Bothered like...annoyed or even just talked to?

Well if someone tells me they are gay and starts touching me then I have a huge problem with them....Im with you there. Looked at like....naked or just standing there? Personally I dont wanna get undressed in front of guys period...gay or straight. Bothered like...annoyed or even just talked to?

Yeah, when I used to play ball in high school - I did NOT get undressed in front of dudes. But just generally speaking, a lot of male athletes do. But yeah, I just don't want a gay guy getting friendly with me, AT ALL. No offense.

Honestly, Omar from HBO's The Wire changed my perspective on gays. :lol:

That's a bad MF'er right there.......baddest on TV. And, he's gay! :eek:

Exactly. Wouldn't it give you a nasty taste to here that years later, a guy who you showered with and changed in front of, is gay? Jeez.......I'd be scarred for life. Imagine if you remember him LOOKING at you!

I'd have to go find him and beat the living **** out've him. :nono:

Geez guy, why be so defensive about it? I wouldn't want to be checked out by a gay person either but if at the time none of us in the locker room knew he was gay only to find out he was later, it wouldn't be a big deal. Even if we knew he was gay and caught him looking at us, I'd just playfully tell 'em to piss off and look for a gay guy to check out.

The dude isn't Swamp Thing

All through high school we had to change and shower in the same locker room. It wasn't a big deal at all. And that started at age 15.

When I was in the Navy everybody showered and changed in front of each other.Also in high-school.There was never any question on wether anyone was gay,but I guess with people coming out,and the big media stories on this topic,makes it interesting.Im with the thread starter:This story=Selling books for the retired player.

The thing that pisses me off in this is that these radio jocks are talking like he's a Jackie Robinson, Tony Dungy, crossing lines that have never been crossed etc.

No that's entirely not true. He kept it a secret while he played and now that he's gone and no one cares he announces it.

A players sexual orientation should not be an issue until they have the guts to announce it while they are playing on a team.

To my knowledge that has never happened.

This guy is nothing but a chump flaunting his gayness for coin, and I for one couln't care less about his story.

Still cant get away from it....lol....its still everywhere on the news.

You know that was the other thing that pissed me off. There are 4 sports radio stations in LA and every one of them were talking about this.

I don't need to hear social commentary from a guy who showers 3 times and week and has got an AA from a local junior college.

Wow...

There are some AMAZINGLY ignorant people here. I have seen bigotry at it's finest in this thread.

Stunning...

It's actually a sad indictment of many people. Anybody who has been on a team sport and been in a lockerroom has been around a gay person. I'm willing to bet they did not go up and do anything that a straight person did. I know gay people and have never had them do anything. It's almost as if people expect homosexuals to be some sort of animals.

Wow...

There are some AMAZINGLY ignorant people here. I have seen bigotry at it's finest in this thread.

Stunning...

Pretty amazing isnt it.

The first person in the history of the sport comes out of the closet and people dont understand why it's even being reported on. Not to mention the homophobic comments.

i like how many insecure people there are in this thread.

i say good for him.

Exactly. Wouldn't it give you a nasty taste to here that years later, a guy who you showered with and changed in front of, is gay? Jeez.......I'd be scarred for life. Imagine if you remember him LOOKING at you!

I'd have to go find him and beat the living **** out've him. :nono:

Dude, John Amaechi would crush you like a bug.

Ft. Lauderdale & Miami Gardens = two completely different areas.

Where I grew up, the only gays were definitely the closet ones.. surely.

Also, I'm Jamaican. I think that kind've gives better reasoning here. :lol:

I won't even express how most of us feel on the subject, and for one reason. I respect Finheaven and all of its contributors, so I don't really want to offend anyone or get banned. I'm not as homophobic as I was in middle school and my early years of high school though. Later on in high school, and now in college, has changed my views. Personally, I think it's HILARIOUS - I just don't want to be touched, looked at, or bothered by one. I don't really want to be associated with either. I've never had a gay friend, and no offense, never will.

and the shallowest post of the year award goes to you. Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom