Tell me why this is news? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tell me why this is news?

Yeah, it's not that big a story to me because I'm from SF and gay people don't bother me in the least and if he's gay then good for him. But I do see the significance of the story thus I see why it's been reported so much.

I cant go to any of the major sports pages without seeing it, and honestly it upsets me, greatly! John Ameachi comes out, he's gay. Whoopi for him! Does this make him a better basketball player? No. Does it change how he will....NOT..play basketball? No. So why is this news? Who really cares? Peoples sexual orientation should have no place in the world of sports. If Kevin Garnett came forward and said..."I'm straight. " The Media and fans would be like.....AND? So why is it any different if the athlete is gay? The fact that they make a big deal out of it, is a major reason why it is a major deal. Get over it! We watch you to watch the game, not to see "which side of the field your playing"
hes just trying to sell his book

Wow...

There are some AMAZINGLY ignorant people here. I have seen bigotry at it's finest in this thread.

Stunning...

If you're referring to me..........

Ignorant because I choose not to associate myself with homosexuals?

Wow, that's my own choice........

Pretty amazing isnt it.

The first person in the history of the sport comes out of the closet and people dont understand why it's even being reported on.

Maybe I'm a little jaded, but it takes some of the power away from the announcement when its coupled with a book announcement.

Like I said above, it will be groundbreaking when it's someone who's still in the league.

and the shallowest post of the year award goes to you. Congrats!
Oh yeah, excuse me for not wanting to associate myself with gays.

I don't see the big ****ing deal. How am I hurting or offending them?

I'm actually making sure that doesn't happen by STAYING AWAY..........

But of course, you'll always find a way to take shots. I could care less though.

Yep, amazingly SHALLOW for not wanting to be touched or looked at by a gay person. (the following is just an example of people in general, I am NOT saying that gays smell or anything like that - have to throw that out there because of how SENSITIVE you guys are) Would you like to be touched by a dirty person who smells terrible? If so, then you're such a SHALLOW individual, OMG! :rolleyes2

It is the definition of ignorant.
So if I feel uncomfortable around someone, I should just lie to myself?

It's YOUR definition of ignorant, which is irrelevant to ME. :cooldude:

If I don't like someone, I keep my distance - I don't ACT for people nor do I look for trouble.

What you see is what you get with me........I'm just real. I tell it like I see it; to hell with sugar coating and all of that nonsense. If you want my true opinion, just ask me a question. I'm an honest person. Why should I hold back how I feel for how others feel? Nah.

Pretty amazing isnt it.

The first person in the history of the sport comes out of the closet and people dont understand why it's even being reported on. Not to mention the homophobic comments.
ok, your missing my point, I could give a crap less if hes taggin giraffes...I dont care.....The First black coach in the SB,,,thats news.....

i like how many insecure people there are in this thread.

i say good for him.
You shouldn't pat someone on the back for being gay, you dont pat someone on the back for being straight. I think alot of peeps arent seeing where I'm coming from. The Gay community wants to be accepted and treated like everyone else right? None makes a big deal about being straight........you see what I'm saying?

not sure whats so wrong with what KiNG is saying here. i dont care if dude is gay or not...

nor the dude next to me. just dont touch me, or even look at me like you want to...

not sure whats so wrong with what KiNG is saying here. i dont care if dude is gay or not...

nor the dude next to me. just dont touch me, or even look at me like you want to...

dogg that's pretty much what i've been saying and it comes across as ignorant.

i don't know how the hell that's ignorant, but at least you agree with me.

what i find funny is how many people in here keep saying that it's "okay" to be gay. no, it's not okay. how would you guys feel if your kids came out gay? man, i'd be DEVASTATED, sorry! if everyone was gay, the world would be ****ed. what would happen to the population? how would we reproduce?

Im the same way, i dont care what you choose to do, just don't do it to me and where fine. I would be friends with a gay guy if he was cool, doesnt bother me aslong as i know what his intentions are

dogg that's pretty much what i've been saying and it comes across as ignorant.

i don't know how the hell that's ignorant, but at least you agree with me.

what i find funny is how many people in here keep saying that it's "okay" to be gay. no, it's not okay. how would you guys feel if your kids came out gay? man, i'd be DEVASTATED, sorry! if everyone was gay, the world would be ****ed. what would happen to the population? how would we reproduce?
I'm not putting my two cents in on your beliefs, but I do believe you have a right to them, it doesn't make you ignorant. We all have our own religion and beliefs, etc,

Back
Top Bottom