Tennessee Defense!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tennessee Defense!!

DolfanISS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
They are 31st against the pass number 1 against the run and only have 14 sacks (compared to our 21 on the season). If we can protect Griese we should be able to score some points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Their run D aint as good as it looks. 3.9 YPC against enemy backs. I think it's easy to assume the ranked so "good" because passing is so easy against them.

Hello, Fin fans.

Don't let that stat lull you to sleep. The Titans have been so far ahead in the last few games, the coach has been playing 2nd and even 3rd string guys to get some experience. Believe me, it has been a surprise to the fans also. Until this year, we have never been able to relax at a game until the final snap.

Good luck Sunday, and here's to no injuries to either team.

if griese gets time, we will rock. and i know our defense scares mcnair, even when he gets in a groove, up creeps madison. i think drew bennett being out is good becuase its one less guy they will look for. i say cover mason and calico. those are the guys who have been making plays lately.

I think the Titans will attack the middle of the field. Try and get their big TEs on our LBs. That is where their potential advantage lies. And they'll take shots deep to Mason on either CB, doesn't matter. You may not know much about Mason, but he has proven that he has the ability to take one to the house over the top. So our corners have to be on top of their game. I also expect to see McNair taking off and using his legs to keep those chains moving.

As usual, they key to this game lies up front. If we can get on McNair quickly, their offense is done. And if we can do a better job up front against their DL, that also bodes well. But it remains to be seen whether or not we can do that. Especially on offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the first time ever, Titans have depth at wide receiver and they are all very tall and fast.

Justin McCareins will move up #2 and Tyrone will get plenty of reps as Titans use 3 and even 4 wide formations.

Three receivers you may have never heard of - Eddie Berlin, Jake Schifino and Darrell Hill. They can each make circus catches if necessary.

Our special teams coverage is our biggest problem, second is running game - it has been very slow going.

i believe i have heard the name eddie berlin, just didnt know he was a titan.

I had McCareins on my fantasy team. He had some good weeks when he started. Tall guy with speed. He's the guy who torched Antoine Winfield in preseason. :D

very interesting.......fins have played one team with a winning record......and their D is great....i am quite sorry....colts played bad last week and still won.....well freeney won it......the fins are nicked up bad and because you guys have beat us in past your confident.....good.....this is not the same titan team they faced in 99 or 01.....at our scrimmage here in nashville madison and surtain were beaten left and right by our new WR........madison said he was shocked at how big and fast they all were......so your DB's know why we are number one in passing......as for our pass D......our games at pitts,carolina, houston,saints,and the jags were over at the half......we played 2nd and third stringers......delhomme had 51 yds at half.....carr had 121...........moreover your O has matchup problems everywhere in this game......at least with fieldler he could run away....griese is a tree and we have 21 sacks coming at him and samari rolle returns man cover chambers all day.....this game is not going to be close.......titans 31 fins 10..........and i say our D will score 10-14 points on you......if freeney can get 3 sacks at your house where its quiet.....what are your tackles going to do when the can even hear their own thoughts????.......we aint going to run......its going to mcnair all day......and i cant wait to see calico run the seams at 6'4 and 4.29 forty.......should be a long day all the way around........i am not trying to troll or smack but i just dont see this game close like the media does.....

It's A New Wrinkle Every Game

something new always pops open. Different schemes, confusing fronts, angle blitz packages, you name it.

Griese is really going to need his best game as a professional, because he will most definitely be kornfuzed.

griese has never played in nashville and never faced our 46 multiple fronts......he is in for a rude awakening.....the city is juiced for this game........

Man, who is this guy?? He sounds like the "token" guy we get every week who proclaims blowout. And what happens?? Close game or a Miami win. Heck, even the losses we could/should have won.

Hey, what happened when you went to Indy?? 33-7 was it?? Wow, I'm impressed. Especially after we just played Indy. Yeah, I'm sure you played bad and Indy played great. :rolleyes: How convenient.

I think every Dolfan here will agree that if we had some semblance of an OL, we'd probably be overly ****y. Our defense is totally capable of shutting you down. This ain't Carolina. We have an actual secondary. And I'm sure you guys will be throwing every down, since George is washed up and you can't run. But again, our OL stinks. So I think it'll be a tough game for us.

You may not be intending smack. But when you come in here proclaiming a blowout, don't expect everyone to take you seriously.

Originally posted by bongo59
griese has never played in nashville and never faced our 46 multiple fronts......he is in for a rude awakening.....the city is juiced for this game........

Yeah, Griese has only been in the league six years. :rolleyes: I'm sure he's seen quite a number of defenses.

so we both lost to the colts.....ok ......how did you do at home against the texans????? well we know how we did.......the fins have a tough match up here......its all mcnair all day......griese is in for a very long afternoon

We played our worst game of the season and lost on a last second FG. Meanwhile, you were annihilated by 26 at Indy......and Houston beat Carolina.

Keep 'em coming. I'm here all night. :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom