Tennessee Defense!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tennessee Defense!!

Just wanted you to know that most of the late yardage and TD's were not against the starters.

I think this will be a close game too. Both teams really need a win, I guess it may come down to turnovers.

Re: It's A New Wrinkle Every Game

Originally posted by The Don
something new always pops open. Different schemes, confusing fronts, angle blitz packages, you name it.

Griese is really going to need his best game as a professional, because he will most definitely be kornfuzed.

Honey, Brian does NOT get CONfused. You maybe. Brian, never. Look, I happen to think McNair is one of the better QBs in the NFL, but I have never seen ANYONE that was so able to remain calm under pressure as Brian. When I first started watching him, I thought, he is going to go to sleep out there. He doesn't though. :) Watch!

numbers will not tell you anything about our D......against the raiders game was over after 3rd.....and then they moved the ball.....the saints did nothing all day, texans and panther got 80% of their yds after we are up 28 points with jerry's kids playingD...the jags.....come on game over at 5 minutes in 3Q....we were up 27-10........we have jumped out on everyone we have played except the colts......and we laid an egg there....colts came ready to play.....we'll deal with them on 12/7 in nashville....it was our first loss ever to them.......griese will not have time to fart and ricky is a tough SOB.....but your OL is the problem not ricky......he aint running on us with or without that OL.......that leaves ST.......which i would give the fins an edge in......this game comes down to mcnair......if your D is really nicked up as is being reported.......it is a steeper climb to beat us here

Tennesee defense will play normal. No 8 man fronts unless they are blitzing. Ricky is not the feared runner to teams as you think he is. They are more afriad of getting burned by Griese.

Make em pay Ricky!!!:fire:

Originally posted by bongo59
so we both lost to the colts.....ok ......how did you do at home against the texans????? well we know how we did.......the fins have a tough match up here......its all mcnair all day......griese is in for a very long afternoon

Just make sure that if the Dolphins win you come back in here and take your lumps instead of running away, K?

Originally posted by TitanChimp
I think this will be a very good game, but no defense , as of now, can stand up to our offense when we get rolling, no one.

I disagree because I don't think your running game can get going against most defenses. So the Titans are very one-dimensional. And when you're one-dimensional, you can be beaten even on your best day being one-dimensional. As a kid, I watched Marino throw for 521 yards on my birthday.....and we lost by 2 TDs. And last month, McNair threw for 372 yards and you guys still lost to the Patriots.

I think we're that kind of defense. Teams are able to move at times. But punching it in is another proposition. I just wish we could block up front. We'd be an extremely dangerous team. :(

Originally posted by Jaj
Tennesee defense will play normal. No 8 man fronts unless they are blitzing. Ricky is not the feared runner to teams as you think he is. They are more afriad of getting burned by Griese.

Make em pay Ricky!!!:fire:

That would be interesting. If teams are really afraid of getting burnt by Griese after 1 win and 1 loss our season could get pretty interesting. Anyone who thinks Jevon Kearse is going to have Wade Smith 1 on 1 all day is an idiot. I know many people don't think highly of Wanny and Norv right now but they are not DUMB. Wade Smith will have help. If we max protect I believe Griese will pick Tennessee apart. In fact if we max protect every week Griese will be tough to contain. Sometimes I don't understand the latest NFL philosophy's of going 4 and 5 WR's and hanging the QB's out to dry. Its like O coordinators are just auditioning for college coaching jobs instaed of trying to win.

By the way. I watched plenty of the Tennessee NE game and Tennessee was lucky to even be in that game. The Pats kicked their *** despite the score.

Originally posted by bongo59
very interesting.......fins have played one team with a winning record......and their D is great....i am quite sorry....colts played bad last week and still won.....well freeney won it......the fins are nicked up bad and because you guys have beat us in past your confident.....good.....this is not the same titan team they faced in 99 or 01.....at our scrimmage here in nashville madison and surtain were beaten left and right by our new WR........madison said he was shocked at how big and fast they all were......so your DB's know why we are number one in passing......as for our pass D......our games at pitts,carolina, houston,saints,and the jags were over at the half......we played 2nd and third stringers......delhomme had 51 yds at half.....carr had 121...........moreover your O has matchup problems everywhere in this game......at least with fieldler he could run away....griese is a tree and we have 21 sacks coming at him and samari rolle returns man cover chambers all day.....this game is not going to be close.......titans 31 fins 10..........and i say our D will score 10-14 points on you......if freeney can get 3 sacks at your house where its quiet.....what are your tackles going to do when the can even hear their own thoughts????.......we aint going to run......its going to mcnair all day......and i cant wait to see calico run the seams at 6'4 and 4.29 forty.......should be a long day all the way around........i am not trying to troll or smack but i just dont see this game close like the media does.....

I..........think...............your...............period...................key.................is.....................stuck..................!!!!

I'm...........not.........trying..........to.............smack..............but.........I.............hope...........your................team.............thinks..............like............you!

:lol:

The thing with max protect is it puts more pressure for less guys to get open. It makes you easier to defend and it takes our co-number one threat out of the mix, as Randy would stay in to block.

Still, I'm not sure typical max protection will make THAT much of a difference because our interior lineman are having trouble sustaining blocks to begin with. It's not just one guy. It's everybody. Everybody's struggling up front. You can only cover up so many spots at a time. And it comes to a point where you can't continually max protect against 4 rushers. It's just not realistic. At some point you have to block and make the back seven defend somebody.

I think we need to go back to throwing the quick outs to the WRs. Or something quick to Randy over the middle. Just take what we can get. Then when the back seven tightens up, you leave in a RB to block and take a shot deep. That's my simple little take on things. I really wish we'd start McKnight, as he has that speed to drive the CBs off the ball and get those outs, not to mention stretch the field.

McNair going to be hammered by OGun and Taylor he'll throw 2 or 3 picks, maybe a fumble or two. Fins will correct their protections and Griese will pick you apart. Rickey will have a bi day running. You guys are overrated and badly in need of a humbling whipping and it will be our pleasure to come up there and beat you down. Griese will throw for 3 Touchdowns in a one sided route.

Back
Top Bottom