Tennessee Defense!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tennessee Defense!!

searching for that "Ignore" button....

I dont mind hearing other teams' fans come in here and express the outcome they expect, i mean, opinions are the only thing we all have as fans.

What I do mind is having a fan coming in here and completly ignoring the abilities of a team they only see the highlights of. Miami rarely makes the front page for anything but blown play or a humiliating loss. PAHLEASE...read up and study other teams before you claim you know that your team can completely annihilate ours.

I don't get into the smack stuff. I definitely respect Miami - that 01 game gives me nightmares.

The only thing to point out with the Indy loss- McNair had a sprained knee and was like a statute in that game. He just can't play like that. If that wasn't enough his finger gets dislocated, now that was an ugly sight. Not taking anything away from Indy, they took the game fair and square and they approached it like a playoff game. I was there in that dome and watching them play on that concrete crap was no fun.

Anyhow, most Titan fans respect Miami team. I just wanted to talk some football.

muck.....we will impose our will on you.....this game is a nutbuster for your guys......and now your hurt????? look i respect your run D......but mcnair can not be acoounted for by any D........and if he breaks contain he will kill your D as much as anyone elses.........against the pats who are pretty decent ......we lost but rseymour said in post game he wants no part of mcnair in a big game........we lit them up for 371......we just could not stop the run because we were light 3 runstuffers on D.........we are missing one guy this week.......bennett......and we are quite healthy on D.......and coming off a bye......your 4-0 on the road to teams who are 12-24???? And we are 3-0 at home........only team you beat close to decent on road......the giants at 4-4........we have lost 5 games here in nashville in 4 yrs.......there is no place tougher to play.......bring your best because we owe you some.........we will bring it all day......we are not the colts or the pats or the giants.......we have more wins since 99 then anyone.......you can disrespect us ......but yall know in your heart we are going to be in your grille all freakin day

Last edited by a moderator:
muck ....i did not say anihilate.......we will be very tough for you.....we respect miami's D.......we dont think your O can hurt us at all.......

i see no one here...NO ONE...dissrespecting anyone except for you disrespecting the Fins, and with that, I wash my hands of you :D

Originally posted by tana
If that wasn't enough his finger gets dislocated, now that was an ugly sight.

Good lord it was nasty. I think I would have passed out. I hope McNair is 100000% healthy. Cuz I fear him more when he's hurt than when he's healthy. He and Brett Favre. Crazy.

You've got a point there about him playing hurt.

Little useless trivia for ya - McNair and Favre can see each other's farms in Mississippi and they spend time fishing in the off season.

McNair was just on our local sports - they asked him if he gets tired of seeing and talking about Sam Madison interceptions, he said no, he got paid that day. It was kinda funny.

How is our O not going to hurt you? You guys are dead last in the passing D. This isnt just some bullshiat yards rating. You guys give up tons of passing touchdowns, too.

Our pass D ranking isnt near as bad as it looks. We've allowed the 3rd least passing touchdowns, and got the 3rd most interceptions in the AFC.

The Titans are deserving of their pass D. We for the most part, are not.

Their run D is also overrated. 3.9 yards per carry. When teams run, the running game is there. It's just that they'd prefer to pass, for whatever reason, be it that they're down, or what.

The Titans are ready to come back down to earth.

Originally posted by bongo59
muck ....i did not say anihilate.......we will be very tough for you.....we respect miami's D.......we dont think your O can hurt us at all.......

I know. Cuz I said it in reference to the Indy game.

Look, nobody is disrespecting the Titans or McNair. That's just something you've invented to get yourself hyped up. We know how good McNair is. And you can look around in threads to see what I and others think of the matchup (McNair's legs, etc).

I think the Titans pass D rating is deceiving because, like us, they play the run very well. And they tend to get out in the lead early....forcing teams to abandon the run anyway.

And they've got some studs back there anyway (Samari Rolle, Tank Williams).

I'm telling you that passing D stat is meaningless. We were usually up by at least 21 points when most yards where gained.

Originally posted by bongo59
griese has never played in nashville and never faced our 46 multiple fronts......he is in for a rude awakening.....the city is juiced for this game........

Have you never heard of Kansas City? Every now and then, there is a poll about whether Denver or KC have the best HFA. Well, Brian played there last year.

PASSING -- DEN: B.Griese 30-50-0-376. Uhh, Den WON.

Be afraid. Be very afraid. :)

I think this will be a very good game, but no defense , as of now, can stand up to our offense when we get rolling, no one. I have great respect for year defense, they scare the living crap out of me! But if we play how we can play, we win easy. We are nearly unbeatable at home, and we will be scary loud. If we stop Ricky, we win. Brian is a good QB, but he will be steak for the wolves without a running game. We continue our offensive dominance:

Titans=30
Dolphins=20

We better not lose, I have a bet with a friend ( phin fan )!
:D

Originally posted by tana
I'm telling you that passing D stat is meaningless. We were usually up by at least 21 points when most yards where gained.

That's why you look at the QB rating against your defense. Miami is 3rd in the AFC at 67.7 (5TD's and 14 INT's), while Tennessee is 13th at 87.3 (11 TD's and 7 INT's). Not only does Tennessee give up the big yards, teams also stick it in the end zone through the air against them. I'll take the plus 9 in takeaways against the pass versus a minus 4. Each team also has 21 sacks.

Miami's run defense has also seen 52 more attempts against. The avg against Miami is 3.1 vs. 3.9 that Tennessee is giving up. Also, 18 yds is the longest run given up by the Dolphins.

This game is going to be close, I don't see a blow out either way. Miami plays better after a loss. This could be a 23-17 type of game, just like the Indy game.

Back
Top Bottom