Terrance Wilkins In Tommorrow... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Terrance Wilkins In Tommorrow...

McKnight will make a pretty good 4th WR even if he does not improve - I like CC, OG and Ward over McDrops anyday.

Originally posted by dolfan87
Fiedler to McKnight, bobbled pass, picked off...TD. Fiedler to McKnoght deep in the playoff game, hits James' shoulder pad, picked off.

James, needs to work on his concentration. I agree he has wheels, and can make some decent catches, but that kid had better step up this year, cause CC flat outplayed him last year.

:fire: I agree. I remembered those two picks like it was yesterday and those two plays still have me steamed. I said his hands are another story and that's something he has to improve immediatly. CC was the man last year and will be for years to come. I expect CC to get a lot of attention from teams this season and it will be McKnight's time to step up to the plate and shine. This is a make or break year for him. If he doesn't step it up this year, then I would expect for him to be released or his contract to be restructured dramatically to relieve some cap room for us.

I'm telling you Ward will get more time this year, i.e. contract extension. Ward has been pretty consistent and has not fumbled or bobbled or dropped nearly as many passes.

Originally posted by dolphan39
I'm telling you Ward will get more time this year, i.e. contract extension. Ward has been pretty consistent and has not fumbled or bobbled or dropped nearly as many passes.

Ward's contract extension was to help create more cap room. It made his cap # smaller for this year. I like Ward, he's a good possesson receiver. I like the fact that he will be around for a few more years.

McDrops: Im still laughing at that one............ Whew: wait, still laughing...... Ok..Ok.. Im good, ay, McKnight was horrendous at times last year as he helped pad Fiedlers INT stats, but, somehow I see potential in him. Like some of you said, he was definetly used wrong. Playing in the slot gave him too much room for error. The mind played tricks on him, and he got nervous and lost concentration alot. Still, he did get open alot also, dropsies are like a hitting slump in baseball, it'll pass. He's made it this far, so obviously he's a legitimate WR, lets just hope that Wanne and Co. learn his strengths and weaknesses a little better and make better use of his speed and knack for getting open! McDrops: Thats some funny ****!

maybe he is so open because they know he will drop it, kinda like when you leave a big man open for the 18'er ? :goof:

actually, I agree w/you, but let him prove he can overcome his drops before he gets playing time over a consistent WR like Ward.

drops and fumbling are slumps hopefully for our sake cause if RW F's like he did the last 2 years it will not matter who are WRs are. :eek:

You guys want to point out the 2 times he coughed it up for interceptions but how about the times where he would come up with 30-40 yard grabs because his speed broke him open or the 5-6 times he broke it in the slot only to have Fielder totally miss him.

In a spot he was totally unsuited for he still grabbed 55 passes for 684 yards and a 12.4 yards per avg catch as a slot reciever. This guy even got his face busted up to the point of plastic surgery during this misuse. Did you hear him complain even once about it or the fact that he was being misused?

Sure his hands aren't the greatest but I don't see you guys flipping out on Orende because his speed sucks worse then McKnight's hands.

We have a really good recieving core and you guys should be happy about that. Or need I remind you our WR situation 2 years ago.

The only WR (and I use that title loosely) who won't be back is Ogden. The rest are good and belong on this team. If Wilkins works his way into the mix then this corps would be awesome.

would also love to see Wilkins join the phins. Nothing like taking weapons away from your rivals. Moore would be great, but could they afford him? Hate to see a repeat of Shulas last couple seasons.(E Green, Emtman, etc.)
I agree with 88, keep Carter's bad attitude away from Chambers. CC's got a great attitude. I really think Carter helped sour Moss's attitude. I also think Mcknight deserves another shot this year. I remember the drops, but I also seem to remember the same amount of great plays. But I would still like to see the O line get more attention. If they sign anyone, I'd rather it be a lineman.;)

I agree on Mc Night.
However, if he does not produce more consistently this year, adios.
He's got all the tools, but must become consistent.
Hopefully, with Norv's offense, we can use him better as a deep threat and hit some more home runs.
I would love Wilkins as well.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
You guys want to point out the 2 times he coughed it up for interceptions but how about the times where he would come up with 30-40 yard grabs because his speed broke him open or the 5-6 times he broke it in the slot only to have Fielder totally miss him.

In a spot he was totally unsuited for he still grabbed 55 passes for 684 yards and a 12.4 yards per avg catch as a slot reciever. This guy even got his face busted up to the point of plastic surgery during this misuse. Did you hear him complain even once about it or the fact that he was being misused?

Sure his hands aren't the greatest but I don't see you guys flipping out on Orende because his speed sucks worse then McKnight's hands.

We have a really good recieving core and you guys should be happy about that. Or need I remind you our WR situation 2 years ago.

Don't bust on Gadsden. The guy has the toes of an old man, and still plays his heart out. I have seen him make plays that I could only shake my head and wonder, how the heck did he do that.

I love the guy's attitude, and his determination. McDuffie wasn't fast either, but the guy was a player!

OG's a great posession receiver who needs to be on this team. Who else in the league do any of you know of that can pull those one handers in on an almost routine basis; the guy's a stud. While he's not fast he still has the fade route into the endzone, and now that Chambers has come on as a legitimate star receiver, and with Williams in the backfield, there is no way that the opposition can double team anyone. If they do they're going to be leaving another serious threat in man coverage then BLAM!! TOUCHDOWN!! :lol: And we'll all be laughing as the Bills and Jets continue to get worse (although it's hard to imagine the Bills getting too much worse.) :D

Back
Top Bottom