Terrance Wilkins In Tommorrow... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Terrance Wilkins In Tommorrow...

Originally posted by dolphan39
maybe he is so open because they know he will drop it, kinda like when you leave a big man open for the 18'er ? :goof:
:eek:

I know you were joking, but if that big man was Dirk Nowvitsky(sp?), thats 2 points. But anyway, VandolPhan, the remarks were made regarding the two particular cough-ups because thats what the conversation turned to. I remember a couple of fumbles he had because he was trying so hard to stretch for that last yard to get a first, knowing our 3rd and 1 situation, was too much for us to handle last year. I like the entire receiving corps the way it is minus Ogden, because like you guys said, Wilkins or Ward can return punts better than Ogden. We definately dont need Cris Carter as a possession receiver with O.G. and Ward already here, he damn sure cant be a vertical threat, his mentoring skills suck, so theres no reason to sign Him. I'll go with the consensus and hope we do sign Wilkins, he's a terror returning Kickoffs too! Oh yeah, whoever that was cracking on Gadsdens speed, tell me this, What DB in the league can beat him to the back of the Endzone on a fade route!

Originally posted by PHINFAN4LIFE
Oh yeah, whoever that was cracking on Gadsdens speed, tell me this, What DB in the league can beat him to the back of the Endzone on a fade route!
Sam Madison ;) :p

See you guys went off when it was merely mentioned about Gagsden speed.

So lay off McKnights hands....it's far less of a problem then Gagsden speed (and health on his feet) playing the outside.

McKnight's hands are not a problem???? A wide Receiver that is slower but runs good routs and catches the all is far better than a guy who can run like the wind and drop the critical passses!

McKnight is not and should not be starting.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
See you guys went off when it was merely mentioned about Gagsden speed.

So lay off McKnights hands....it's far less of a problem then Gagsden speed (and health on his feet) playing the outside.

No ones going off about Gadsdens speed, merely suggesting! Just like we're suggesting McKnight needs to work on concentrating a little harder. Well, I'll tell ya like this, I dont have a problem with McKnight, I actually like him, as you should be able to tell from my last few posts in this thread! Speed is a deception, Catching ability is either true or false!Go Phins!

We should Get Carter

I know there are questions about him being a team guy and such, but I am not buying into that. I know last year was a tough one in Minn. and with the emergence of Moss' bad attitude and the death of Korey, I can understand why he may have blown his top.

Carter would be an TERMENDOUS addition to our passing game and would automatically do what we have not been able to do since the waining years of Dan's career. Throw fear into the pass defense of ANY team we face. On a passing down, how the hell is a team going to cover both Carter and Chambers? Then add to the mix, either Gadsen or Ward creating worries over the middle on the shorter routes. Of course we cannot forget the threat of RW out of the backfield and combined with Jays Play action abilites.... it will be a joy to watch.

There are other WR out there, but none come with the credentials of Carter and would immediately make teams think about the pass defense. And even having them think about it, will help us grind it out on the ground, which is what we want to do anyway. Ricky will punish a defense.

I don't know about all the money and stuff, but if Carter wants to end his career with a Super Bowl, then he is going to have to think about something other then the money. Come in, help us win, take less money with incentives and retire in a couple of years knowing you had an amazing career and ended it with a Championship.

Hey he may also find that he has more then just two years left in those legs and hands. A new place, fresh start, playing on grass instead of the constitent pounding on turf. And a short commute to work can't hurt either.

Wilkins or Carter seem like great depth at WR but dosen't anyone think that OL or LB are much more pressing areas that need depth if not a starter to be brought in?

Carter belongs right where he is: Not on the football field. Let him go to a team that's in need of being screwed up, the 'Fins have done that to themselves enough for the past couple of years. Now that they have all the pieces they don't need to bring on trash like Carter to downgrade this team. :yell:

My gut says we are not going to add anyone until after the Draft. By then teams will have their future players and will release more veterans. IMHO

Originally posted by alpemomo
McKnight's hands are not a problem???? A wide Receiver that is slower but runs good routs and catches the all is far better than a guy who can run like the wind and drop the critical passses!

McKnight is not and should not be starting.

If you don't have speed you don't get seperation and you don't get many chances for catching the ball. Hence why Gagsden IS getting moved to the slot this season as the 3rd reciever and why we drafted speed at WR and why we signed McKnight in the first place.

The only reason I pointed out Gagsden's lack of speed was to show you guys why harping about McKnight's hands was so freaking rediculous. When McKnight goes back to being the 1st/2nd reciever on the outside like he should have been all season long he will go back to the reciever who averaged 16.5-18.7 yds a catch for 3 straight seasons before signing here.

Simply put lets stop smacking around our recievers from last year when the only one who deserved it was Ogden. We have an excellent set of WR's for this season with Chambers/McKnight/Gagsden and hopefully a healthy Ward. Any one of these guys can call for a double team and except for Ward they were double teamed at various points of the season. If Ward's healthy he provides that 3rd and short clutch catching we've been missing since Mcduffie.

It's pretty hard for me to forget McK's bobble/INT TD return ag. the Jets and dropped TD ag. the Ravens - that's is all I remember of what he did last year :(

Originally posted by dolphan39
It's pretty hard for me to forget McK's bobble/INT TD return ag. the Jets and dropped TD ag. the Ravens - that's is all I remember of what he did last year :(

If that's all you remember then it's a good damn year. Remember when this team use to pin it's hopes on Lamar Thomas coming back from injury to be the #2 reciever?

According to the rumor mill we are still in the Carter hunt. Although I doubt it. No way Carter is playing for the min which is all we would pay him.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/don_banks/news/2002/03/13/best_of_the_rest/

"Wide Receiver

Cris Carter -- OK, so he took a little more luster off his Hall of Fame plaque with last week's St. Louis-Cleveland fiasco. No argument there. But he still has the league's best pair of hands and probably two more years of productivity left in his well-preserved body. And somebody will step up at some point and strike a deal with him. The best guess is Miami, or maybe New Orleans. Remember, last year at this time everyone was wondering how much Jerry Rice had left in him for Oakland. Carter is second only to Rice in the NFL record books. If you just can't go for Carter, Germane Crowell and Bill Schroeder are second-tier talents. "

Here's another WR worth the Vet Min

Lions release Morton

Morton, Detroit's first-round draft pick in 1994, had a team-high 77 catches for 1,154 yards with four touchdowns in 2001. It was his fourth season with at least 1,000 yards receiving, a team record.

Back
Top Bottom