Terrance Wilkins In Tommorrow... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Terrance Wilkins In Tommorrow...

I do not see him playing for the vet minimum.
Judging by his 2001 stats, he is still very productive.
Sounds like the Lions want to resign him with a new cap freindlier deal.

Well how is this proposal (really think about this before answering). As far as I gather this is Orende's final season with the phins. I believe this is the final year of his contract and he will test the FA market because he believes he got 'lowballed' by the phins. His salary cap hit would be minor. So why not get rid of him and sign either Carter/Morton? Orende's cap hit is supposed to be 1.35 million + whatever the prorated part of his salary bonus would be. So this would be viable and would definately make our recieving core 'dangerous'

There's got to be some loyalty left Van. Even if Gadsden isn't the fastest guy in the world he's still an excellent slot/posession receiver and deserves to be on this team. Imagine how much the 'Fins would have sucked without him after OJ went down.

On that note however, I would love to see Morton in a 'Fins uniform; he's an incredible receiver. You all know how I feel about Carter (Bad seed, bad attitude, bad pickup) so I don't ever want to see him dawn the aqua and orange. Even though I think Morton would be a great addition, I really don't believe he'll take the vet minimum and so him coming to Miami is pretty much a pipe dream. :(

Originally posted by Expo88
Even though I think Morton would be a great addition, I really don't believe he'll take the vet minimum and so him coming to Miami is pretty much a pipe dream. :(

Hence why I suggested the Gagsden cut. That money could be used to pay someone like Morton. No offense to Gagsden but I'd drop him in a heartbeat for Morton. Although we should be fine with Chambers/McKnight as the starters with Gagsden coming in on 3 reciever sets to go in the slot. Somehow though I see Gagsden falling down to the 4th spot this year as I think Dedric Ward who became a favorite 3rd down target for Jay will overtake him.

looks like the Lions expect to re-sign him, anyway, but he's someone I have liked since USC

Morton and Carter are pure receivers. I think Miami would do better with a return man/receiver type to fill out this years receiving corps. And stop trying to dump Gadsden and spell his name right for christsakes!

Whatever...

Somehow though I see Gagsden falling down to the 4th spot this year as I think Dedric Ward who became a favorite 3rd down target for Jay will overtake him.
...I don't understand how someone could reach that conclusion. Gadsden has done nothing but work his ass off and overachieve on his way from Arena Football into the NFL. I can't think of a receiver on any team with better hands. Oronde is younger, bigger, stronger, faster, and more athletic than the most often mentioned replacement, Cris Carter.

I agree that Ward will likely step up this year, but I believe it will be at McKnight's expense. McKnight hasn't been here long, but he's already developed a tendency to disappear for whole games and to make his worst mistakes at the most critical times. From what I know of Norv and Dave, and what I've seen of OG and McKnight, Gadsden will be a long-time Dolphin, whereas McKnight's days are numbered (and unless he pulls off a major turnaround this year, it's not a very big number, either).

Jeff

Wilkins is a restricted free-agent, but if he did sign with us, we would not have to give up any comp. picks.

you are all giving orande a hard time and you should he is a walking cripple and i dont think he is going to last much longer with those toes ...see oj mcduffie ...that is why we are looking at younger recievers and such ...I guess all the guys who talk about how set we are at wr are forgetting what has happened the last two years ! We have had a major injurie or alot of minor ones that kept the recieving corps from being efective at the end of the year ...we really could have used a healthy chambers ! by the way ogden is the only guy in 20 years to return a punt for a touchdown ..yes he sucked last year but he is not that bad ...I do see us getting wilkins or the guy from baltimore ..young and cheep !!!

we made Pat Johnson no offer and any offer we make for Wilkins Indy can match - so it may be tough to sign him.

Re: Whatever...

Originally posted by JeffJewell
...I don't understand how someone could reach that conclusion. Gadsden has done nothing but work his ass off and overachieve on his way from Arena Football into the NFL. I can't think of a receiver on any team with better hands. Oronde is younger, bigger, stronger, faster, and more athletic than the most often mentioned replacement, Cris Carter.

Faster? I think not. He's headed down McDuffie's way with his feet. His best season was catching 48 passes for 803 yards and he has been regressing since then. He's a #3 slot reciever whose been asked to be a #1 for the last couple years and can't be. In fact this year he finally will be that #3 guy. Whereas Carter or Morton could come in and be that #2 guy with Chambers as the #1 guy.

I don't see how you guys can just sit there and be happy with Gadsden when he's in the final year of his contract and most likely won't be back. Especially when you got some good WR's on the market that could come in for a couple years while we draft another WR to groom opposite Chambers.

I'd still take Wilkins over anyone right now since we need a KR and PR more than more competition at starting WR

Dolts get nothing

The Dolts get nothing back because Wilkins was undrafted...
but they would likely match Miami's offer I think...unless they resign Pathon. Might be cool to drive up Wilkins price...and then make a play on Pathon who was really coming on before his knee injury...

Not sure I like the idea, but I would give it some thought...we really only have four receivers worth a darn on the roster...and we need to carry at least five...an injury would leave us real shallow.

Wilkens is the only KR we NEED. As for Carter....well anyone whom has read my posts know where I stand with that...Bad things man, bad things. Morton would be great to get if Cap friendly. And as far as McK goes....Fear, Drops, Fumbles...the turnover side are they...I sense much fear in him.

Back
Top Bottom