Terrell Buckley Contacts Saban About Returning | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Terrell Buckley Contacts Saban About Returning

godfater21 said:
I would like to have Buckley back he is one player i have always liked.

But, when buckley says he is always a dolphin at heart, do you think he means it. or do you think he means he phone hasn't been ringing and miami just lost a CB so maybe they will want me.

The guy has moved so much I think he doesn't mean it. But that has no bearing on anything. It means he is saying what he thinks can get him into Miami which he sees as a good option for him now. I doubt the sentimental stuff with a traveller like Buckley.

Z40aPhinatic said:
but what he can do for miami is mentor, if he teaches these young guys just a thing, then its better then making them learn it on their own and watchin the frustration hit madison

Why can't Madison be the mentor and teach the new guys the ropes?

If Buckley understands what his role would be (very likely no better than dime back or depth) and will take the minimum, it would be a good move. Nick won't let having him around mess up the development of the young guys, but it gives the team an option if the young guys just aren't getting it. We all know what we're getting with Buckley -- he's a primo ballhawk who can still change the course of the game (for the good or the bad) even at his age as a situational player.

MikeO said:
This isn't take your daughter to work day. Players get paid to play. Not teach or show tricks of the trade. Talk to any player once and they let you know the one thing they hate doing is helping younger guys out. It's the biggest myth out there in sports.

These guys are all competitive and don't want to show young guys the ropes only to have the young guy take their playing time.

Well, if you heard what Zack said about Saban preaching team, team, team; than I would imagine if T-buck was to come aboard, it would be expected of him.

dolphan north said:
The guy has moved so much I think he doesn't mean it. But that has no bearing on anything. It means he is saying what he thinks can get him into Miami which he sees as a good option for him now. I doubt the sentimental stuff with a traveller like Buckley.

Well he has been a Dolphin more years then he was with any other team. And he probably didnt want to leave the phins, but he was cut by Wanny in his first year so. And maybe the pic where the players were giving the finger, was to Wanny. I mean didnt T-Buck say something during the season about how Wanny is an idiot?

At the moment, the only veterans I see us signing will be 1 year deals. Saban is def. building his team through developmental players with bigger veteran presence around them.

As far as the photo is concerned, those guys are all friends with ZT and the rest and the picture was a joke - and it was taken as a joke by the guys in the locker room.

If we were talking about Izzo, after all he was to the Phins, would you guys not want him back?

T-Buck was a gambler at the CB spot and would give up the big play trying to make a big play. However, over the last few years he has recognized that he is a nickle and dime (no pun intended) DB and plays his role accordingly. I would welcome him back at the league minimum.

He's only going to be 34. That's past his prime for sure. Still, he has value if he knows his role. He's no Darrell Green, but Green played into his *40s*.

Buckley wants to play as a 3rd CB, I do not see why he can't. At least sign him and let him show off what he can do. I think he deserves to be on our team because he is not a bad player and he wants to be a Fin.

Back
Top Bottom