Terrell Davis vs Ricky Williams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Terrell Davis vs Ricky Williams

Originally posted by TBrown#80
it is not a fair comparison, Ricky is a good back but terrel davis was clearly a better runner. the number don't lie. ricky has the rest of his career to be considered in the same league.

not a fair assessment...when given a tiny crease, we all know what ricky is capable of.

TD ran through massive, gaping holes behind an incredible O-line, as did olandis gary after him...as did mike anderson after him...as did clinton portis after him...

how many yards would ricky have racked up behind that denver O-line? better yet, how soon would any of those denver rb's have been placed on the injured reserve list running behind our line?

in denver, the line clearly makes the back. while in miami, well...didn't ricky eclipse miami's ALL TIME single season rushing record in 11 or 12 games? 'nuff said.

Last edited by a moderator:
that, and he's tied for most 100 yd games by a rb with Csonka with 15. After how many games? Ummm...28? thats every .53 games, not to mention the two back-to-back 200 yd games. Only been done by like 4 or 5 people all time. Once our o-line is top notch after the draft, we'll see the merit of these posts:D until then its all fan speculation

TBrown, you obviously have no sense of reality in that you said Mike Cloud, Kevin Faulk, and Antowain Smith were better backs than RW. This in and of itself discredits anything you have to say from here on out. You see the world through silver and blue colored goggles and have no idea as to how football really works. It's fine that you're an unabashed homer that's grounded in a fairy tale land with marshmallow clouds and chocolate water but you've discredited yourself with the members of this board and should not expect to argue anything on its merits until you return to your original thread and recant everything you said there.

ricky has the rest of his career to be considered in the same league.

I think that's the only thing you said that makes any sense... Ricky's in what, his 5th year? Even the trio of NE's RB's would like awesome behind a Denver O-line...

it is not a fair comparison, Ricky is a good back but terrel davis was clearly a better runner. the number don't lie. ricky has the rest of his career to be considered in the same league.

While no TOS was broken, I'm not going to let this slide. You are obviously trying to piss people off with remarks like these, and it won't be tolerated. This type of comments stop now......

I just have no patience for anyone who says things just to make people mad, which is obvious what TBrown is trying to do......

Originally posted by Bazinet37
I just have no patience for anyone who says things just to make people mad, which is obvious what TBrown is trying to do......

...and that was actually one of his tamer posts. i'm not too worried about clowns like this, they'll dissappear after sunday as did all those buffalo fans...we all know which NE fans will still be around: guys like driven and patsfan2002

Is that an "honest" assesment? :roflmao:

Terrell Davis is a Superbowl MVP(and 2-time SB Champ) and one of only 4 running backs to ever rush for 2000+ yards....call me when Ricky breaks 2 G's, or even wins a playoff game.

Davis was on track to be one of the greatest ever before his injury...and please, spare me the o-line excuse...Henry has missed 2 games, and he plays behind a horrid O-line, and his #'s are good

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
Terrell Davis is a Superbowl MVP(and 2-time SB Champ) and one of only 4 running backs to ever rush for 2000+ yards....call me when Ricky breaks 2 G's, or even wins a playoff game.

*yawn*

call me when a starting rb runs for less than 1500 yards behind that bronco o-line

BTW, lamar smith single handedly won a playoff game vs indy in 2000...is he a better back than ricky? how about michael pittman, he was the starting rb for the world champs last year...was he the best rb in the league?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Bazinet37

While no TOS was broken, I'm not going to let this slide. You are obviously trying to piss people off with remarks like these, and it won't be tolerated. This type of comments stop now......

Bazinet with all do respect Troy Brown just decided to make a comment that a lot of people would agree on. Weather he is a Miami fan or not you shouldn't bring up to his attention that he should watch what he posts because he said it in the most educate manner. It is not his problem that there are people in this board that get pissed off because of comments like this and end up bringing a tirade of blasphemy, unnecessary comments or personal attacks. You are a moderator here and you aren't leading by example.

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP

*yawn*

call me when a starting rb runs for less than 1500 yards behind that bronco o-line

BTW, lamar smith single handedly won a playoff game vs indy in 2000...is he a better back than ricky? how about michael pittman, he was the starting rb for the world champs last year...was he the best rb in the league?
no, I'm just illustrating that Ricky hasn't done ****:rolleyes:...and those even comparing him to Terrell Davis right now, need their heads examined.

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP

*yawn*

From the time that Terrel Davis entered the league up until 1998, no runningback posted more yards, touchdowns and overall yards. Terrel made players miss tackle, outran them and was one of the reasons that Denver Went to the Super Bowl twice on the years of the declining elway which he was reaching his final season. The Denver had a good offensive line but Terrel did a lot on his own and made plays happen.

Back
Top Bottom