Terrell Davis vs Ricky Williams | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Terrell Davis vs Ricky Williams

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
no, I'm just illustrating that Ricky hasn't done ****:rolleyes:...and those even comparing him to Terrell Davis right now, need their heads examined.

that makes sense, kinda like buffalo fans comparing takeo to guys like ray lewis ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP

that makes sense, kinda like buffalo fans comparing takeo to guys like ray lewis ;)
well, Takeo is an OLB while Ray is a Middle linebacker...very astute observation:rolleyes:

I have seen alot of running backs, and I must say that the most talented back I have ever seen is RICKY WILLIAMS.

The combination of power, speed, recieving ability, and game smarts are all attributes that Terrel Davis, Walter Payton, Herschel Walker, and Bo Jackson had. Ricky belongs in that group as far as TALENT goes.

Ricky just has to keep it up and he'll be mentioned among the best running backs of all-time.

remember that I am talking about TALENT, I am not ranking them.

Originally posted by Section126
I have seen alot of running backs, and I must say that the most talented back I have ever seen is RICKY WILLIAMS.

The combination of power, speed, recieving ability, and game smarts are all attributes that Terrel Davis, Walter Payton, Herschel Walker, and Bo Jackson had. Ricky belongs in that group as far as TALENT goes.

Ricky just has to keep it up and he'll be mentioned among the best running backs of all-time.

well Ryan Leaf has a lot of talent too.

As a famous person once said, "potential is another word for, you haven't done anything yet"

Let's wait till he does something amazing, ok...look, Edgerrin James lead the league in rushing his first two years in the league, and he wasn't heralded as "Potentially the best back ever"...same with Jamal Lewis after he ran for 295, and those are much bigger accomplishments than Richard's.

I don't doubt he has the talent, but lets hold this conversation off for a good 5 years at least

Originally posted by juniorseau55

Bazinet with all do respect Troy Brown just decided to make a comment that a lot of people would agree on. Weather he is a Miami fan or not you shouldn't bring up to his attention that he should watch what he posts because he said it in the most educate manner. It is not his problem that there are people in this board that get pissed off because of comments like this and end up bringing a tirade of blasphemy, unnecessary comments or personal attacks. You are a moderator here and you aren't leading by example.

There is a difference. People like Circling Wagons, Driven, PatsWin2002, and Clumped make similar remarks, yet are in context with the conversation. This incident is just one of several posts from this individual that is intended just to ruffle some feathers here. This fact is obvious to everyone here, especially since I've had a few complaints about it. So, with all due respect to you, I do believe I'm justified in this warning. If you would like to talk about this some more, feel free to PM me......

Im just soo glad we have Ricky Williams.. We can build a great franchise around him..

well, Takeo is an OLB while Ray is a Middle linebacker...very astute observation:rolleyes:

...made not long ago by your "very astute" buffalo brethren. whatever happened to those guys?

**realizes that the eyeroll is not only tremendous fun, but also drives the point home...as illustrated by CW again and again...and again...and again...**

:rolleyes:

BTW, how long were planning on sidestepping my original point? here, i'll replay it for ya...

"call me when a starting rb runs for less than 1500 yards behind that bronco o-line"

no, I'm just illustrating that Ricky hasn't done ****:rolleyes:...and those even comparing him to Terrell Davis right now, need their heads examined.

I am sorry, 1850 yards in one season isn't **** in your book?

C.W., Terrell had JOHN ELWAY playing QB while he ran for all those yards and won a Super Bowl.

We have Jay Fiedler, and last year for 6 games it was Ray Fricken Lucas.

1850 yards, with no real threat of a passing attack.

Yea, he aint done ****.

Originally posted by Section126

Talent-wise, Ricky Williams isn't in the same league as Walter Payton and Bo Jackson. Terrell Davis, probably not. Herschel Walker, maybe. Ricky Williams isn't even the most talented back in the NFL right now, to compare him to Walter Payton and Bo Jacson is silly. Talent and production wise Ricky Williams will never touch Payton. And Bo Jackson? He was probably the most talented RB ever to play in the NFL. Ricky Williams is probably more in the 15-30 range for most talented backs, maybe a little higher. Higher in rank number, not talent:)

Originally posted by jjdche

Talent-wise, Ricky Williams isn't in the same league as Walter Payton and Bo Jackson. Terrell Davis, probably not. Herschel Walker, maybe. Ricky Williams isn't even the most talented back in the NFL right now, to compare him to Walter Payton and Bo Jacson is silly. Talent and production wise Ricky Williams will never touch Payton. And Bo Jackson? He was probably the most talented RB ever to play in the NFL. Ricky Williams is probably more in the 15-30 range for most talented backs, maybe a little higher. Higher in rank number, not talent:)

**ALERT: the preceding is based eniterly on opinion rather than fact**

you claim ricky isn't the most talented back in the league...do you enter player bios and size charts into your "NFL RB O-meter"? ricky may or may not be the best back in the nfl, but an arguement can be made that he might be...

surely, you would better understand my point if he wore a patriot uniform.

You're comparing Ricky to an incredible back...meanwhile, Ricky barely breaks the top 10 this year in RB's...and the bad o-line excuse?...cry me a fukin river, Barry Sanders played behind the ****tiest line in history and he racked 'em up like it was nobody's business. Tomlinson seems to be doing just fine as well, but oh yeah, I forgot to mention that incredible Charger o-line..lol

Running backs doing better than Richard:

Priest Holmes
Jamal Lewis--teams know he's all they got, and he still gains.
Stephen Davis--ditto
Ahman Green
LaDainian Tomlinson
Clinton Portis
Deuce McAllister
Shaun Alexander
Fred Taylor
Tiki Barber--, only 20 yards behind Ricky, and playing behind the worst line in football

Oh yeah, Travis Henry has missed 2 games, and has been playing with a cracked fibula, behind a horrendous o-line, and is only a few yards behind Ricky

The only reason this is an argument is because you're a homer.

another fact for ya: Ricky has more carries than any of these guys(300)

You're comparing Ricky to an incredible back...meanwhile, Ricky barely breaks the top 10 this year in RB's...and the bad o-line excuse

the o-line excuse is over my friend...at least for the time being. ricky has managed 3 consecutive 100 yard games, two of which came at the hands of the #1 and #4 ranked defenses in the league. not too shabby :cool:

anyone who watched this team play earlier this season realizes just how poorly the o-line play was and under the circumstances, 3.4 YPC was quite solid ;)

Does anyone ever win these pissing contests? Who cares where any of these guys will land in history. I sure as hell don't. At least not yet. Can't we just enjoy watching the game and yelling and screaming at each other about who's cheerleaders are hotter? Please leave the players out of it...:lol:

Honestly though, everyone seems to be using some doublespeak here. On one hand you have everyone saying peeps the stats. They when the stats are turned around on them they start going elsewhere to prve their point. There is never going to a winner in this so lets just stop it and focus on beating the Patriots and pulverizing the Bills and Jets.

Back
Top Bottom