Thad Lewis Torched Dolphins Twice!!! Kevin Coyle Gets a Free Pass??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thad Lewis Torched Dolphins Twice!!! Kevin Coyle Gets a Free Pass???

I understand we are all upset that we lost our final two games and missed the playoffs. I also empathize with you in losing twice to the jills but saying Thad Lewis "torched" is ridicules.

CompAttYrdTDIntRTG

Hardly what I would consider a torching......

May not have been torched. But Dude, we Lost twice to the Bills, and Thad Lewis. Twice. You got to win those 2 games, and you are 10-6 and in the Playoffs. So in all honesty man, it was worst then being Torched. Losing to the Bills kept us from the Plaoffs. So Thad Lewis torched us Dude.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Thad managed both games better then Tannehill too.

Dolphins defense was the strength of this team, anyone who wants to focus on the defense is straight up clueless. Do they have flaws? Yeah, every defense has flaws. But at the end of the day, we had a GOOD defense. We were top 10 in points allowed, 8th actually.

You can be the 1st ranked defense in the NFL but when you put up SEVEN TOTAL POINTS in the last 2 weeks combined you're going to go 0-2.

It boggles my mind how anyone can talk about our defense after the **** our offense consistently put out this season. We averaged less than 20pts/game and you want to talk about the defense? Get real.

Coyle needs to go. He's not DC worthy. The defense has regressed under him.

May not have been torched. But Dude, we Lost twice to the Bills, and Thad Lewis. Twice. You got to win those 2 games, and you are 10-6 and in the Playoffs. So in all honesty man, it was worst then being Torched. Losing to the Bills kept us from the Plaoffs. So Thad Lewis torched us Dude.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Thad managed both games better then Tannehill too.

In my reply I don't deny that we lost to him twice. Simply pointing out that it was far from a torching to which you agree. Both losses had less do do with how Thad or their offense played and more to do with their defense outplaying our offense.

hard to play defense when you are playing 4-3 with 3-4 personnel...

The defense had its flaws but its better than the offense. I just think you need to get up near the league average points scored then see where this defense stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were 20th in total defense and 26th in rush defense. Terrible.

IMO Coyle should certainly be looked at. Our defense gave up 1,998 yards rushing....consistently gave up 1st downs in 3rd and long situations....picked odd times / occasions to blitz....and the blitz was often ineffective.

Actually...to hear that our defense was 8th in points allowed is very surprising to me. I know in watching every game this season, I was just as upset with the defense almost as much as I was the offense.

Thad lewis didn't torch anyone, The offense gave the Bills both games. Thad lewis had what, 1 or 2 TD passes in both games combined?

Who knows, I read on Twitter to be on the look out for what Zimmer does. If he leaves Cinci could look to bring Coyle back or Zimmer gets HC job and looks to poach Coyle as his DC. Lot still up in the air.

I think torched is being generous, you lost the first game b/c your QB threw an INT for a TD, threw another INt in the EZ and then fumbled to set up GW FG.

In the 2nd game it was 10-0 in the 4th, still winnable but if your O doesn't score how can you win? 9 of their 19 pts were drives that started near midfield or deep in Mia territory.

Exactly.

I can't blame the defense for not performing well when they have to come out onto the field time and again because the offense keeps going 3 and out.

Run enough times at a defense in 1 game and they're going to start getting tired.

We were 20th in total defense and 26th in rush defense. Terrible.

We were 8th is scoring defense. Last I checked that is by far the most important defensive stat.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Thad lewis didn't torch anyone, The offense gave the Bills both games. Thad lewis had what, 1 or 2 TD passes in both games combined?

ZERO with 2 INT.

I sometimes wonder about some of you, if you actually understand the game - blabbing random numbers like how bad our run defense is.

Consider that we are NEVER playing with a lead, and NEVER playing with a large lead. Teams never have to become one dimensional against us. And if we're losing, it's only logical for the other team to hammer home the run.

What was our POINTS ALLOWED? 8th in the NFL. That's top10 even with an inept offense like ours. That is the only stat that matters. What is our POINTS SCORED? 26th in the NFL. That is the only stat that matters.

At the end of the day, our defense was good enough to excellent in all but 2-3 games. The league AVERAGE for points scored is ~23.5.... if we could put up that kind of number our record would have looked something like 10-6 or 11-5.

It's quite amazing that our offense can put up ZERO then SEVEN in consecutive weeks to end the season and we have a thread about... the defense? Are we watching the same game?

I sometimes wonder about some of you, if you actually understand the game - blabbing random numbers like how bad our run defense is.

Consider that we are NEVER playing with a lead, and NEVER playing with a large lead. Teams never have to become one dimensional against us. And if we're losing, it's only logical for the other team to hammer home the run.

What was our POINTS ALLOWED? 8th in the NFL. That's top10 even with an inept offense like ours. That is the only stat that matters. What is our POINTS SCORED? 26th in the NFL. That is the only stat that matters.

At the end of the day, our defense was good enough to excellent in all but 2-3 games. The league AVERAGE for points scored is ~23.5.... if we could put up that kind of number our record would have looked something like 10-6 or 11-5.

It's quite amazing that our offense can put up ZERO then SEVEN in consecutive weeks to end the season and we have a thread about... the defense? Are we watching the same game?

This ^^ Excellent post.

Back
Top Bottom