Thanksgiving Day Game Now Unlikely | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thanksgiving Day Game Now Unlikely

mf52dolphin

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
With the change in the NFL TV contract, and the addition of a 3rd Thanksgiving day game on the NFL Network, the Dolphins as the opponents for Detroit has gone from a near certainty:dolphins: , to highly doubtful now:shakeno: .
Under the old system used, both host teams, Detroit and Dallas were the home teams. Each network gets a game, so one team hosts an AFC team, whilie the other hosts an NFC team. In odd numbered years Dallas hosts the AFC team, while Detroit does in even numbered years.
But now there will be a 3rd game. The team most likely to get that home game would be, in my opinion, Kansas City. In the AFL days, Kansas City hosted the Thanksgiving day for the AFL. The Kanasas City management has also publicly lobbied to get a Thanksgiving game also.
So if Kansas City gets the game, then it is likely that KC would host another AFC team, while Detroit would host an NFC team(Dallas will host the NFL Network night game against Washington). Since Kansas City return to Dolphins Stadium in 2006, under this scenario, the Dolphins would not play on Thanksgiving.

OK...now explain why Oswald acted alone

Whoa, whoa whao....

Wait. That was very confusing.

Where did you get this from? I haven't heard of a 3rd Thanksgiving Day game.

mf52dolphin said:
With the change in the NFL TV contract, and the addition of a 3rd Thanksgiving day game on the NFL Network, the Dolphins as the opponents for Detroit has gone from a near certainty:dolphins: , to highly doubtful now:shakeno: .
Under the old system used, both host teams, Detroit and Dallas were the home teams. Each network gets a game, so one team hosts an AFC team, whilie the other hosts an NFC team. In odd numbered years Dallas hosts the AFC team, while Detroit does in even numbered years.
But now there will be a 3rd game. The team most likely to get that home game would be, in my opinion, Kansas City. In the AFL days, Kansas City hosted the Thanksgiving day for the AFL. The Kanasas City management has also publicly lobbied to get a Thanksgiving game also.
So if Kansas City gets the game, then it is likely that KC would host another AFC team, while Detroit would host an NFC team(Dallas will host the NFL Network night game against Washington). Since Kansas City return to Dolphins Stadium in 2006, under this scenario, the Dolphins would not play on Thanksgiving.
Thanks Michael. How is life treating you? Say hello to your mom!:wink:

mf52dolphin said:

what i am real pissed about, if you dont have satallite you dont get to see the NFL network games. Its a ploy to get people to go out and get the damn package. For this, the NFL can stick their NFL network and their deal with DirecTV. I go to bars every week to watch the games anyway, but if the phins play on thanksgiving and possibly on the network, i will be without the phins and i dont believe people know how insane iw ill get without my weekly dolphins game.

SabanEra84 said:
what i am real pissed about, if you dont have satallite you dont get to see the NFL network games. Its a ploy to get people to go out and get the damn package. For this, the NFL can stick their NFL network and their deal with DirecTV. I go to bars every week to watch the games anyway, but if the phins play on thanksgiving and possibly on the network, i will be without the phins and i dont believe people believe how insane iw ill get without my weekly dolphins game.
Bro I don't know why you don't have Direct Tv, but the NFL Network is worth it. I really enjoy the network. They made a great choice in Rich Eisen.:wink:

SabanEra84 said:
what i am real pissed about, if you dont have satallite you dont get to see the NFL network games. Its a ploy to get people to go out and get the damn package. For this, the NFL can stick their NFL network and their deal with DirecTV. I go to bars every week to watch the games anyway, but if the phins play on thanksgiving and possibly on the network, i will be without the phins and i dont believe people know how insane iw ill get without my weekly dolphins game.

Here's 2 thoughts for you. NFL network has nothing to do with the NFL Sunday ticket package. In fact it's a general Direct TV station and was an either basic or extended basic cable channel for Comcast. Basically the only way you wouldn't get it is if you didn't have cable or maybe if you only had the the extremely low end programming package.

2nd, the damn package is a freakin bargain compared to going to the bar every Sunday. When I went I'd play 10 bucks in Keno, have lunch and 2 or 3 beers for a grand total of 40 bucks or so plus tip. That would be $640 for the season and that's only if I didn't hang around for a little while to watch the 4:00 games. 200 bucks to watch the games in the comfort of my own home is a baragain IMHO. I guess I could be a scumbag and go to the bar and drink water and eat the free nuts, but that's no way to watch football, just to save a buck.

late again said:
As do I. So i don't know what those guys are talking about.

do you guys have adelphia as your cable provider? i know brighthouse does not carry the NFL Network

MelbournePhin said:
do you guys have adelphia as your cable provider? i know brighthouse does not carry the NFL Network

i have brighthouse as well, and well be unbelievably upset if they dont carry NFL Network next year. That would be flat out wrong of the NFL.

mf52dolphin said:

KC hosts an NFC team.......the game is on FOX.

Detriot at home vs an AFC team on CBS
KC at home vs and NFC team on FOX
Dallas-Washington on NFL Network

Don't make this harder than it is!

MelbournePhin said:

I have comcast digital cable and I get NFL network

You guys should all switch cable providers

MikeO said:
KC hosts an NFC team.......the game is on FOX.

Detriot at home vs an AFC team on CBS
KC at home vs and NFC team on FOX
Dallas-Washington on NFL Network

Don't make this harder than it is!
Mike O I don't think the last comment was needed. He was just explaining it his way. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom