Thanksgiving Day Game Now Unlikely | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thanksgiving Day Game Now Unlikely

Jimi said:
i have brighthouse as well, and well be unbelievably upset if they dont carry NFL Network next year. That would be flat out wrong of the NFL.

So call or write them and tell them you want it, and tell everyone you know to do the same thing?

FullmetalFin said:
Actually I was under the impression that it was mentioned that the game which was broadcast on the NFL Network would be shown in the local broadcast of those two teams which were playing. This would be so as to not put local fans without NFL network at a disadvantage. I could be mistaken but this was just what I heard.
That is correct, just like ESPN games on Sundays the last few years

I thought it was a forgone conclusion that the Phins will play on Thanksgiving. Having a third game will not change that.

MikeO said:
KC hosts an NFC team.......the game is on FOX.

Detriot at home vs an AFC team on CBS
KC at home vs and NFC team on FOX
Dallas-Washington on NFL Network

Don't make this harder than it is!

I enjoyed the comment

SabanEra84 said:
what i am real pissed about, if you dont have satallite you dont get to see the NFL network games. Its a ploy to get people to go out and get the damn package. For this, the NFL can stick their NFL network and their deal with DirecTV. I go to bars every week to watch the games anyway, but if the phins play on thanksgiving and possibly on the network, i will be without the phins and i dont believe people know how insane iw ill get without my weekly dolphins game.
I think the whole money thing with sports is getting under everyone's skin. However, I figured out pretty quickly that going to the local sports bar to watch the games becomes much more expensive than getting any TV package.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Bro I don't know why you don't have Direct Tv, but the NFL Network is worth it. I really enjoy the network. They made a great choice in Rich Eisen.:wink:
I couldn,t agree more

SabanEra84 said:
what i am real pissed about, if you dont have satallite you dont get to see the NFL network games. Its a ploy to get people to go out and get the damn package. For this, the NFL can stick their NFL network and their deal with DirecTV.
No, it's a ploy to get more cable outlets to pick up the NFL Network. Direct TV really has nothing to do with this outside of carrying the network. You don't need satellite to get NFL Network, unless your cable company doesn't carry it. And chances are, if the cable companies that don't carry it feel threatened by a possible loss of subscribers who want to see those games, they will pick it up before the season starts.

Mr. Reality said:
Here's 2 thoughts for you. NFL network has nothing to do with the NFL Sunday ticket package. In fact it's a general Direct TV station and was an either basic or extended basic cable channel for Comcast. Basically the only way you wouldn't get it is if you didn't have cable or maybe if you only had the the extremely low end programming package.
you do realize that the country doesn't have what you have in terms of cable? comcast isn't available everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom