Thanksgiving Day Game Now Unlikely | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thanksgiving Day Game Now Unlikely

Nublar7 said:
Wait a second! Since when did they add a 3rd Thanksgiving game. I was under the impression that the Dallas/Redskins game was on the NFL Network, the Lions game would be on CBS, and FOX didn't get a game. Where did you hear of them adding this third game? :confused:

Paul Tagliabue announced at his "State of the League" address during Super Bowl week that there will be 3 Thanksgiving games under the new contract. The 3rd game will rotate between NFL cities.

dirwuf said:
All of this guessing is based on the premise that KC is getting a Thanksgiving game...and I don't see any evidence of that happening.

IF a third Thanksgiving game is added, the last thing the NFL would do is lock it in one city (do you think they like having to do Detroit every year?). They would rotate it around the league...and Miami would be just as likely to host as anyone else.

You're correct. The game is to be rotated. But I think the original post just referenced the game being in KC for this year, and not necessarily every year.

Actually I was under the impression that it was mentioned that the game which was broadcast on the NFL Network would be shown in the local broadcast of those two teams which were playing. This would be so as to not put local fans without NFL network at a disadvantage. I could be mistaken but this was just what I heard.

FullmetalFin said:
Actually I was under the impression that it was mentioned that the game which was broadcast on the NFL Network would be shown in the local broadcast of those two teams which were playing. This would be so as to not put local fans without NFL network at a disadvantage. I could be mistaken but this was just what I heard.

That's correct. ESPN does this also.

MikeO said:
KC hosts an NFC team.......the game is on FOX.

Detriot at home vs an AFC team on CBS
KC at home vs and NFC team on FOX
Dallas-Washington on NFL Network

Don't make this harder than it is!

The Cowboys are no longer in the NFL Network game. Both FOX and Jerry Jones threw a **** fit when they read the initial news reports.

Where does it say KC will play an AFC opponent, and even if so, why would Detroit play an NFC opponent seeing as you posted that Dallas will play Washington?

MelbournePhin said:
do you guys have adelphia as your cable provider? i know brighthouse does not carry the NFL Network

Does your area carry Comcast?

i dont have nfl network with stupid cablevision, ive emailed them millions of times and bubkis... ****s stupid

Sportstalk980 in this area already confirmed that the Dallas game on Thanksgiving will be played at it's regular time slot of 4:00pm. I haven't hard anything about a 3rd playoff game. But even if the Redskins play in Dallas on Thanksgiving, it will be played normally at 4pm.

The title of this thread sucks considering there's nothing to this except the speculation of one single poster.

Offseason is tough around here! :shakeno:

Yeah, I woulld think that FOX and CBS will still get a game and that Detroit and Dallas will still play at their normal times. The NFL probably will not mess with Thanksgiving tradition, but just start a new one. My prediction:

12:30
AFC team @ Detroit

4:00
NFC team @ Dallas

8:00
AFC team vs AFC team

That would make the most sense.

It is illegal for an HOA to have bans on dishes. They can put restrictions on placing them in a common area, or drilling into outside walls, but there is no need to do either of those in 99.9% of all communities.

Also... I'm betting with the NFL putting live games on the network that almost all cable stations will pick it up sometime this year, it would cost them too much money in lost subscribers not to do so.

I'm also going out on a limb and predicting that once the recently signed TV contracts expire, that ESPN will no longer get Monday night football, and that it too will shift to the NFL Network.

Back
Top Bottom