That was a Hell of a Game. Well done reload for 2023 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That was a Hell of a Game. Well done reload for 2023

Overall our season was surely a disappointment however we accomplished one major task.

We put fear in the Buffalo Bills (and the rest of the league). Never would've guessed we'd have played 3 games (2 in Buffalo) so competitively.

Buffalo is going to have some cap problems in the next 2 years and a handful of players will be gone. This might be their best shot at the title and having just squeaked by Mac Jones and Skylar Thompson, I'd be really concerned.

Buffalo would be eliminated from the post season if not for Tua's concussion. That much is clear.

It's a shame Matt Milano is still walking today. Was really hoping someone ended his season yesterday. Dude doesn't deserve to be playing in the post season for that cheap hit on Tua.

Regardless, Buffalo is about to see a lot of turnover on the roster. I don't suspect the 2023 or 2024 Bills teams will have more talent than they have now, they couldn't possibly.

Tremaine Edmunds will be gone in a few months, which is good because he was all over the place yesterday.

Overall our season was surely a disappointment however we accomplished one major task.

We put fear in the Buffalo Bills (and the rest of the league). Never would've guessed we'd have played 3 games (2 in Buffalo) so competitively.

Buffalo is going to have some cap problems in the next 2 years and a handful of players will be gone. This might be their best shot at the title and having just squeaked by Mac Jones and Skylar Thompson, I'd be really concerned.

Buffalo would be eliminated from the post season if not for Tua's concussion. That much is clear.

It's a shame Matt Milano is still walking today. Was really hoping someone ended his season yesterday. Dude doesn't deserve to be playing in the post season for that cheap hit on Tua.

Regardless, Buffalo is about to see a lot of turnover on the roster. I don't suspect the 2023 or 2024 Bills teams will have more talent than they have now, they couldn't possibly.

Tremaine Edmunds will be gone in a few months, which is good because he was all over the place yesterday.
While I get the hate for Milano here. But it is what it is.

When it comes to our cap. Not worried about that. Bills will keep whatever player they want to keep. I think Edmunds re-signs and isn’t going anywhere.

Poyer and Edmunds are the two likely priorities. And if they can only sign one Poyer walks.

We are basically the same cap wise. 8-10 mil over with 35 to 40 players signed for next year

Come on people, others can post their opinions. I don't agree with everything he says, but do agree other times. The original post seemed sane to me. I do hope this becomes a rivalry for the next few years.

I’m not happy at all. Dolphins got screwed on just about every call.

The nfl is a a bunch of hypocrites with player safety.

Enjoy your win

While I get the hate for Milano here. But it is what it is.

When it comes to our cap. Not worried about that. Bills will keep whatever player they want to keep. I think Edmunds re-signs and isn’t going anywhere.

Poyer and Edmunds are the two likely priorities. And if they can only sign one Poyer walks.

I already told you Edmunds is leaving, why do you ignore the Gabe Davis contract like its not a big deal? For all intents and purposes he's an exclusive rights FA. He's going to have to be paid before 2023. I get that you want to live in a fairytale land where a guy is going to play his 4th year at $1M while Diggs makes 25 times that.

Davis is going to get a deal before Edmunds.

I already told you Edmunds is leaving, why do you ignore the Gabe Davis contract like its not a big deal? For all intents and purposes he's an exclusive rights FA. He's going to have to be paid before 2023. I get that you want to live in a fairytale land where a guy is going to play his 4th year at $1M while Diggs makes 25 times that.

Davis is going to get a deal before Edmunds.
Because Gabe Davis is under contract. He isn’t sitting out. He has no leverage never took a step forward.

Edmunds is more important than Davis. That is the reality.

Using your idea Brandon Jones is gonna hold out for you all then right? Or Holland?

So Wild Card weekend where anything can happen and why the Bye is very important. See SD and Jax. See Giants and Minny.

So every teams motto is survive and advance. That is what happened Sunday survived and advanced. However now that I am back home got to think a bit I figured I would post my observations on the game. And keep my observations on the game only in this thread so I don’t get thread locked in other areas that I am having pretty good conversations in.

First. I don’t know what Dorsey was thinking. I don’t know if he said OK they go Cover 0 we go Verticals. It worked in the 1st QTR when the WRs caught and Allen hit ‘em. However in the 2nd QTR (one of the worst called offensive QTRs I have seen from the Bills) they didn’t stop. There was no settle down plays when things were snowballing still go vertical.

There was a slight adjustment after halftime and that seemed to prove just enough.

I think the Fins are a really good team. And almost there. Coming out of this game I think it is clear to me you need a legit WR3. I think they went into the season hoping Wilson was that. Maybe he can be in year two of this offense. But damn when the well is dry from Hill or Waddle there is nothing else there. I don’t spend a lot of time on RBs as that position is a dime a dozen and replaceable every year. What I will say here is don’t pay for one. Just find one in the Draft they are always there and run their legs off on their rookie deal rinse and repeat.

It was good to see Fins work to exploit the weak Right Side of Buffalo as well as expose the weak OG play. I have been screaming about it all season that the Bills OL is not good and Allen makes them look better. So It was good to see a team validate that for me.

I think your defense played lights out. Yes they gave up their fair share of plays (that will happen against Elite QB and top end weapons) but they also got their fair share of plays. X pick was a thing of beauty. Holland did what you expect catch all tips and overthrows. That defense played with fire and guts. Not much more you can ask from them. Heck even Chubb made a play.

It really has been funny with Bills and MIA games. If you look at the stats in all the games and didn’t watch the games you would think Bills destroyed them each time until you see the score. That is how matchup wise these two teams really are. Which kind of makes sense, Bills built their team to beat KC. You would think the rest of the AFC would also try and build their team to beat KC which makes those matchups that much closer.

The Bills are a flawed team. Always have been this year. Their QB play makes up for a lot of those flaws. But the OL is and has been weak since forever. So many high value assets spent on that Defense and just shows when you run into a powerful offense it really doesn’t matter. It still comes down to which offense scores more points in a shootout.

Now I also think the self inflicted wounds made this game closer than it needed to be by halftime and once that happened it was going to be a 4 QTR fight. That 2nd QTR is what ended up making and keeping this a close game.

All and all it was good to see not relying on Josh’s legs to take a game over but dang Dorsey never come up with a gameplan like that again.

I do think if the game played out exactly like it did with Tua at QB you all win. Reason being from the club seat watching the field there was Fin WRs open every play. Bills DBs were dropping coverage left and right. It was almost like they were counting on Thompson only reading half the field. It wasn’t blown coverage. More like that is what they were coached to do this week.

All and all I think This Rivalry is back and these will be the two teams battling for the AFCE crown for 2023 and on. Honorable mention to the Jets too if they can find a serviceable QB.

Also that game showed exactly why I didn’t want this matchup. Had to embrace it once I got it. But would have rather saw NE or Pitt.
1673887170374.jpeg

Bills are a 5 win team if they had the dolphin injuries.
Think about our oline, secondary and obviously QB.
Do that to any other team and see how it goes

Bills are a 5 win team if they had the dolphin injuries.
Think about our oline, secondary and obviously QB.
Do that to any other team and see how it goes
Ha ha ha the ONLY injury that Fins have that was anything different than Buffalo was a QB. Our QB was also injured. And we are a 14 win team.

I find it refreshing to have an opposition fans actually talking about improvements to team. I know my other sport I follow alot nrl rugby would never ever happen

Couple questions as I get ready to discuss offseason both here and in Buffalo Boards (I love the draft).

Was Needham or Jones the one with the Achilles? Or am I confusing another injury here.

I do like McDaniels as a coach. Couple things I think he needs to give up playcalling in 2023. He can eventually get it back but for a young First Time HC being the CEO of the team I think right now it would be best if he game that responsibility up. That May address the game management issues and challenge issues. I have always noticed in the league the HCs that call plays tend to have game management issues (Even Reid). Just an observation there.

I do truly think you are not far away. I do think there are players that I would move on from or upgrade that would probably get an eye roll here. But I also know internal fans tend to over value their players.

Reality I think you address your interior OL and LBer play. Change the DC (which changes the scheme) those are your holes. Right now IMO just starting evaluating for offseason though.
Needham was the one that suffered the torn achilles and I believe Brandon Jones suffered a torn ACL. I go back and forth on the playcalling duties because I do think McDaniel calls a good game but I'm starting to think he will have to find someone else if he wants to be a successful NFL coach. Just listening to his press conferences, you can tell he puts a ton of thought into each and every answer he gives and I imagine that's his biggest problem with playcalling too. I don't know how realistic it is for McDaniel to fix this issue because I believe it's just part of his personality.

One thing about McDaniel that's clear to me is he is not afraid to look in the mirror to see what he needs to improve on so I expect we will see much better clock management next year and I expect a ton of focus on the 3rd and short calls as well. I agree with the OL and LBer play but I also want them to go out and get a complete TE as I think that will help this offense more than a third WR. We don't have a first round pick this year so it may be difficult to grab Michael Mayer but I also wouldn't mind waiting a year and grabbing Brock Browers if we can. There's also Dalton Schultz but I don't know if he gets out of Dallas and he is going to cost a pretty penny.

I'm curious to know which players you would move on from? I have my list including Byron Jones, Teddy Bridgewater and Cedrick Wilson among others. I also wouldn't be opposed to getting rid of Jerome Baker and Emmanuel Ogbah even though I do think we missed him this year. I just believe we have other needs now with Phillips and Chubb on the outside and his contract is pretty significant.

The OL is tough because I do think we need a LG and a quality backup LT but I was actually pretty high on Jackson coming into the season and it's really unfortunate he just couldn't stay healthy. I think we just need to bring in some competition for Jackson and then let the best man win.

Because Gabe Davis is under contract. He isn’t sitting out. He has no leverage never took a step forward.

Edmunds is more important than Davis. That is the reality.

Using your idea Brandon Jones is gonna hold out for you all then right? Or Holland?

No because Holland has played two years and only one of them has been productive. Brandon Jones has missed almost his entire 3rd season and is a one dimensional player. I would laugh at either player if they asked for a new contract.

Bills can do that. Gabe Davis is justified in asking for a new contract. You say he has no leverage but thats wrong too. The fact that he makes so little money is leverage in itself. He can simply ask for a trade to a team that values his more than $1M salary.

Its really cute the way you think Gabe Davis is life long Bills fan and would do anything to help the franchise at his own expense.

You keep talking about Davis not taking something mythical "next step". Doesn't matter if he's a 12M a year player or 16M a year player, he's not a $1M a year player anymore.

Giants and Bears would have an interest in paying him big bucks and since he's not that great a WR, they'd both be willing to give up a 4th rounder to get him.

What do you say, if he wants a new contract, will you trade him for a 4th rounder?

Ha ha ha the ONLY injury that Fins have that was anything different than Buffalo was a QB. Our QB was also injured. And we are a 14 win team.
Without josh Allen, who might be the best qb In the nfl, you might win 5 games. I just looked it up and I don’t think you win with chase keenum. I don’t think they even have a 3rd string qb
Say your prayers Allen stays healthy

Back
Top Bottom