That's It I'm throwing in the towel!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That's It I'm throwing in the towel!!!

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
I can safely say at this point there is not a single member who doesn't know where I stand on Fiedler, the draft, and Wannstedt.

So, I am refusing to participate in any threads regarding them. I am tired of them. I encourage the same. Especialy if your intent is to go on and dredge up any one of a billion subjects and topics and facts and stats that have been posted. Just let it lie. If you don't agree let the author have their say and then just walk away. And before you even post, read the board. Think about it. Then ask "Am I contributing anything positive or new?" before you post.

My parting comment is that we are all rooting for the same team. When they tee it up in the fall, there won't be single solitary person who is a member of this forum and a Dolphin fan (sorry Clumpy) who will not be firmly behind Jay or Griese the Coach and the team. The desire to win and get better is what drives all of us. We just can't seem to find common ground on what the priorities are or the philosohy that will work.

I say we take big eraser and clean the slate. Let all previous interactions fall away as part if history and let us all now focus on the 2003 season.

I know this will be hard for many, including me. But man I am just tired of it. And the one thing that is obvious, is no one is giving an inch on anything. So lets all agree to disagree and get back to some positive fun.

After all, it is going to be one hell of a year.

You make some good points fin-atic. I do agree that it has become a dead horse beaten beyond recongition, and I doubt anyone will really change anyone else's mind, especially those who are firmly entrenched in their beliefs.
However, I do think that respectful debate should be encouraged, after all, that is one of the purposes of the board. There are those, like me, who see valid points to both sides, I suppose you could say that the whole Jay/Wanny thing is a huge gray area for me, I'm really on the fence, if you will. I'm quite sure there are others like me here.
I do agree 100%, wholeheartedly, that no matter who the coach is, or who is under Center, I will be behind the Fins completely, I believe you are correct in saying that every Fin fan here will be as well....

While I don't like to see the same points dragged around the forum ad nauseum, or debates turning into personal arguments and bad feelings developing, I do love threads with intelligent, open debate on the issue.... It's difficult for 1700+ people to stay civil to one another ALL the time... but for the most part, this board seems to do just that.

I don't think there are many here who don't respect your opinion, they may not agree with it, or understand it..... but it's respected.
I for one, think I know fairly well how you really stand.... you're obviously a passionate fan of the team... something I also respect very much. I may not always agree with you, but hey, that's the point of discussion right?

My point is... that I'd hate to see you, or anyone else, back out of a discussion, simply due to the subject matter. It's all about diferent perspectives, opinions, and outlooks... and to have people refuse to offer intelligent points and counter points, would be.....well.... a damn shame.

JM2C

Go Fins!!

Ah Fin atic, I was enjoying the battle of wits...Ask CK, he and I went at it all last summer about RB Henry....it was fun..plus it pull a lot of people in with opinions..There were times when CK was almost on his own with his comments..and he got blasted for it..but he suck with it..I had to admirer him for it...CK put that in your diary..you won't hear it again..:lol: But Fin..the only thing i had with you, is you made it seem loom and gloom...and I disagreed with your assessment..but it never was personal..but your posts made it fun..I usually laugh at your response..and I did think CK 2..LOL...We will still fight this battle weather it's you and someone else..Good post and I respect your position..This should be a fun season..Hopefully the Dolphins live up to the talent they have both D and Offensively...

that was a good post, fin-atic. like wharf said, there is a middle ground in the argument anyway, and it's really impossible to reach most times. the important thing is that we all want the same thing in the end: a championship for our team.

What no more fighting? How dare you? Gotta have the last word? Figures, you get everyone hyped up so you can step n and look like the good guy! I just cant believe you!

There, had to get it out my system, now i can tell ya that everything you said is true, no matter whether we agree or not the big thing we all have in common is we are all die-hard fin fans and will support the team no matter who is here and who is starting. I do agree with Wharf tho in that if it is a different perspective or a new thought or idea then debate as long as it is respectful debate, is good, as long as all keep an open mind, but if the idea is a post repeated over and over, without offering anything new, then it is a waste of energy and tends to get everyone po'd.

Fin-attic,

You use to be one of my favorite posters, but ever since the draft, all you do now is complain....GET OVER IT.

I don't know why you feel obligated to advise fans what not to discuss. It's not your place, and personally, I think you've become a real pain in the a$$ lately!!!!!

All you do these days is :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

It's getting very boring listening to you complain on a daily basis...

Whatever happened to that optimistic Phinz fan, who always had something positive and interesting to discuss????.....

I miss that guy, and I wish I knew where he went.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
Fin-attic,

You use to be one of my favorite posters, but ever since the draft, all you do now is complain....GET OVER IT.

I don't know why you feel obligated to advise fans what not to discuss. It's not your place, and personally, I think you've become a real pain in the a$$ lately!!!!!

All you do these days is :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

It's getting very boring listening to you complain on a daily basis...

Whatever happened to that optimistic Phinz fan, who always had something positive and interesting to discuss????.....

I miss that guy, and I wish I knew where he went.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

Thats what I am trying to get back to . This is why I made this post. Blitz, I have always respected your stuff here and on the Jets site. I wish you would have seen my intent instead of, well kind of jumping on me. That really suprised me Blitz.

I hope you see it differently when you reread this.

For those who expressed that they enjoyed the sparring, don't worry. If something comes up and I think it's wrong I will state it. But instead of beating the Fiedler thing to death any more, I will wait for something new to comment on.

I just wanted out of the trap. You know you get to working so hard to convince people and you don't realize that all your posting is crap again and again. Then you have people like my buddy Blitz thinking you whine all the time. Well as he also points out, that is not what he was used to from me, and its not what I am about.

We will have great exchanges in the future gang. As Wharf says its healthy and it keeps the board lively. But just not on this topic anytime soon.

So here is on to better days!

Originally posted by fin-atic
I can safely say at this point there is not a single member who doesn't know where I stand on Fiedler, the draft, and Wannstedt.

So, I am refusing to participate in any threads regarding them. I am tired of them. I encourage the same. Especialy if your intent is to go on and dredge up any one of a billion subjects and topics and facts and stats that have been posted. Just let it lie. If you don't agree let the author have their say and then just walk away. And before you even post, read the board. Think about it. Then ask "Am I contributing anything positive or new?" before you post.

My parting comment is that we are all rooting for the same team. When they tee it up in the fall, there won't be single solitary person who is a member of this forum and a Dolphin fan (sorry Clumpy) who will not be firmly behind Jay or Griese the Coach and the team. The desire to win and get better is what drives all of us. We just can't seem to find common ground on what the priorities are or the philosohy that will work.

I say we take big eraser and clean the slate. Let all previous interactions fall away as part if history and let us all now focus on the 2003 season.

I know this will be hard for many, including me. But man I am just tired of it. And the one thing that is obvious, is no one is giving an inch on anything. So lets all agree to disagree and get back to some positive fun.

After all, it is going to be one hell of a year.

I don't think I'm clear on where you stand...

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom