That's It I'm throwing in the towel!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

That's It I'm throwing in the towel!!!

Sounds good to me Fin, now that we have taken care off that subject, What did you think of the draft? :jawdrop: Bad Bad Phinphreak :chair: :jk:

It is true we all have our own opinions and once the season starts some of us will have been right and some of us wrong, but if the Fins are winning, WHO CARES :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe we all need to cut back on the sugar and caffenine in our diets!:lol: Seriously I have tried to read the new posts before I add something. If it has already been said I try not to post. The redundancies, especially during the dog days of the off season, do get a bit out of hand. I hope everyone sticks around and keeps posting though, this is a fun place.

Discussion is what this place is for, however I want to make a point, and also maybe give a little advice.

Being extremely stubborn about points can come back and bite you in the butt. I have watched (on another forums) a fairly respected member turn into the butt of many jokes because his stance on things were so strong. Things such as Rob Johnson would be a Pro Bowler, and Travis Henry wouldn't even rush for 1000 yards.

Now I personally had many an argument with this guy on a Bills forums, and he was a lot like you Fin-atic, very strong on his opinions, and would argue and argue his points to death.

Then when he turned out to be wrong...everyone jumped, and now his words hold very little value.

Keeping yourself more on the neutral side of things will always make it easier for you to get through a season.

See if Jay, or our draft picks come out and play well, we make the playoffs, and maybe even head to the Super Bowl...whatever you have to say next year won't have any value. You may be right...Jay may stink it up, and everything you said could come to fruition. However you run the risk of turning into a huge joke, and no one will ever give you even the slightest bit of credit.

So while I truly believe you have a good head on your shoulders, and love this team, if your words turn out to be incorrect...you'll be hard pressed to get any respect from anyone.

By the way, this goes for the pro Fiedler bunch as well.

Great Point Gram! Excellent insight... I wish I'd have thought of it :hitself:.

Actually ... I learned that lesson the hard way myself in the smack forum... and man those guys get brutal in there!

Well, you know Wharf...it's cool to HAVE an opinion. Maybe I feel Jay Fiedler is a really good QB, and that I would prefer to see him play this whole season healthy and let Griese ride the pine. However if I am wrong, and Brian shows Jay the bench, I won't have a tizzy over it.

It's cool to feel one way or another, it's just sad when someone is so convinced that it HAS to be this way or else...well then we become fortune tellers, and just take a lookie at how much respect Miss Cleo has right about now. ;)

I love Jay's toughness, I love his will and desire to win, and I believe in the guy. His play on the field is about average, but things like throwing a ball into Wards hands to put us in field goal range against the Broncos...with a broken finger. Breaking free from Romo's grip to throw a first down pass with one shoe on against the Raiders. Running for the winning touchdown in 2001 against the Raiders. Leading a last second touchdown winning drive against the Bills. The guy just doesn't quit.

Brian Griese, I have watched the kid play a lot, and his desire on the field to me is just sad. Last year it took Shanahan's threatening to bench him to get him to perform up to his potentiol, and that only lasted a short while.

These are MY reasons for prefering Jay over Brian. For me it is not simply pure talent, if it was I would be screaming for us to pick up Jeff George. The guy has a cannon, but no guts.

Maybe Brian has just been in the wrong place, or maybe the kid needs to get away from Shanahan. I don't know. This is why I leave room in my opinion's for error.

Why did I just write all that...talk about hyjacking a thread...lol

87 I think that was where I ended up. I believe that I have much to contirbute to this forum other than my take on Jay,etc. But I was being labeled as a something of a complainer. I wasn't complaining so much as I was tyring to reenforce my position and provide data to support my view. But when I got to looking at the sheer volume this was happening at, I was not happy with the way it made me or many of the pepole look. That goes for people on both sides of the issue.

So after every possible stat and take on the story has been posted, several times over, I decided enough was enough.

I think there is a place for debate and discussion. I think it is not a coincidence that when someone would make a controversial post, it would get more action than anything else. But there is a limit to everything. I acknowledge my part in exceeding that limit.

I hope to stay tight with the many users of this forum whom I have enjoyed for the last year.

Good for you fin-atic. After a while, I just kind of scrolled through the posts because it was getting too cumbersome even though I disagreed with you. At some point it's good to know when to walk away and agree to disagree, respecting that each has his opinion and there is no need to force anyone to think along the same lines as ourselves.

With some people here it kind of reminds me of another species from the old Star Trek: "Tellerites don't argue for a reason, they simply argue" (quoted from Ambassador Sarek).

Originally posted by fin-atic

My parting comment is that we are all rooting for the same team. When they tee it up in the fall, there won't be single solitary person who is a member of this forum and a Dolphin fan (sorry Clumpy) who will not be firmly behind Jay or Griese the Coach and the team. The desire to win and get better is what drives all of us. We just can't seem to find common ground on what the priorities are or the philosohy that will work.

i'm going to disagree here. even in blowout wins vs patriots, jets, chargers, ravens, etc. people still found ways to hammer on guys like fiedler and fletcher. its not that they're not happy about the wins. its just that everyone has an agenda. the debates will march on even if jay takes every snap in a 12-4 regular season

I agree, there is a certain percentage of the fan base that will never like Fiedler even if he is NFL MVP next year and wins the SB and kills Bin Laden. It was the same case with Marino throughout his career here.

I used to be a pretty frequent poster, but got tired of exactly what
fin-atic is talking about so I became a lurker.(It also didn't help that I changed jobs and didn't have nearly as much time on my hands.) In fact I disagreed with him quite often, but he had more fortitude about it than I did, so I just went away. He is certainly correct about the fact that he tried to back up what he said with stats which is also what I did. How we were able to use the same stats to push different sides of the argument I don't know. ie (see Minnesota game) but. He is certainly correct in that we are all(except the buffalo fans) pulling for the dolphins and just because I believe Fiedler can do the job does not mean that I owe him or anyone else an apolpgy if I turn out to be wrong. I also am excited about Griese coming here and if he is a backup this year, at least he would be a better backup than Lucas and if he beats Jay out as the starter then it will certainly be because he can do the job better. Either way I win as a Dolphin fan(if not as a debater). Excelent post fin-atic.

Re: Re: That's It I'm throwing in the towel!!!

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP

i'm going to disagree here. even in blowout wins vs patriots, jets, chargers, ravens, etc. people still found ways to hammer on guys like fiedler and fletcher. its not that they're not happy about the wins. its just that everyone has an agenda. the debates will march on even if jay takes every snap in a 12-4 regular season

Now here's someone who REALLY missed the point.
Stirring up the subject again on a thread that isn't even about this! :shakeno:

Originally posted by zachseau13
I agree, there is a certain percentage of the fan base that will never like Fiedler even if he is NFL MVP next year and wins the SB and kills Bin Laden. It was the same case with Marino throughout his career here.

and again.....

Is it me??? I am cursed.

Only can one of my threads about "beating a subject to death" can then in turn, end up being beat to death.

:lol::lol::lol:

Originally posted by fin-atic
Is it me??? I am cursed.

Only can one of my threads about "beating a subject to death" can then in turn, end up being beat to death.

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks actually pretty funny. Sad, but funny.

Back
Top Bottom