The 2007 Mets Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2007 Mets Thread

oh snap, thats another rd 1 sweep for the wright (not a typo) team :)

Its nice!

I just realized something: if you swapped that Knicks sig for a Pistons one, and dumped the Game****s for U of Michigan, we'd have all the same favorite teams! :lol:

I just realized something: if you swapped that Knicks sig for a Pistons one, and dumped the Game****s for U of Michigan, we'd have all the same favorite teams! :lol:
Great minds think alike.

But I hate the Pistons, They gave us Isiah on purpose. The only use he has is as talent evaluator for drafting and when he played.

And I cant dump Carolina cause theyre my alma matte. Go Game****s! :)

Couldnt let this thread drop too far.

I got my 7 game ticket pack today....ill probably get individual tix for at least a handful more games (probably 7-10 more).

Came across some interesting reading material for Mets and Yanks fans: Fernando Martinez vs Jose Tabata - http://www.minorleagueball.com/

The article will give some insight as to how each player projects at the MLB level, strengths and weaknesses.

Couldnt let this thread drop too far.

I got my 7 game ticket pack today....ill probably get individual tix for at least a handful more games (probably 7-10 more).

Came across some interesting reading material for Mets and Yanks fans: Fernando Martinez vs Jose Tabata - http://www.minorleagueball.com/

The article will give some insight as to how each player projects at the MLB level, strengths and weaknesses.

Very good read, thanks

I just got my Dolphin Digest in the mail, and I look at the front page and say, what is Steve Phillips doing on the cover????

395603-1.jpg

Mets the early favorites to land Santana when he leaves Minny.

http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/16648363.htm

I still think Minny will trade him and Santana won't hit the open market. Minny MUST get something in return for a guy of his value.

I'd like to think that's part of why the Mets largely sat out this ridiculous free agent market. But it's *WAY* too soon to proclaim anyone the favorite to land a guy who's not a free agent for another two years.

I'd like to think that's part of why the Mets largely sat out this ridiculous free agent market. But it's *WAY* too soon to proclaim anyone the favorite to land a guy who's not a free agent for another two years.

He will never hit the free agent market. The day after Zito signed with SF, Minny had an organizational meeting and it was decided they will trade Santana before he hits the market just to get something in return for him. That was reported everywhere, ESPN, CNNSI, Newsday, NY Post...etc

The key in trading for him is being willing to pay him $20 mill year!!!!!!!!!!!! How many teams will pay a pitcher that and still part with prospects.

But Santana will be traded out of Minny if not by July (depending on the standings) then next offseason most likely!!

I think if it came down to getting Johan id offer minny one of two packages:
Package A: Milledge, Deolis Guerra, Kevin Mulvey
Package B: Pelfrey, Carlos Gomez, Mulvey

Milledge and Pelfrey are obvious centerpieces to any deal with Santana. Both have high end ceilings but given our need for immediate OF help, Im more inclined to give the package with pelfrey. Gomez projects out to be a poor mans Beltran (figure 270-25hr-85runs-85rbi-20 sb) during his best years. Mulvey projects to a strong #4/ok #3.

I would not however give both Milledge and Pelfrey. After years of farm futility, we're finally churning out a high level prospect or two every year or two. And the guys we're bringing up seem to be high on everyones list just as Wright and reyes were. Both Milledge, Pelfrey, Humber and Martinez fall into that elite class. But since we dont have a lot of depth on the farm after our top guys it gets thin quick. With limited teams they can deal with giving an A prospect, a solid B prospect, and C prospect should be more then enough. If its not oh well. I dont believe we should put our organization's hopes on one arm even if it is Johan.

In Omar I trust. :)

Speaking of training camp...
I'll be going to spring training in early March.
My buddy (another big Mets fan) and I are turning 30 within a day of each other. So, that's our big 30th party. Three days at spring training, golfing in the morning, going to games in the afternoon, and getting drunk and playing poker at night.

Hopefully I'll get some better (at least closer) pics that I had last year.

lucky guy...
i get to go to a few cactus league games a year, but they dont even interest me much... i always hold out hope that one year theyll move their spring training facilities down here (i know, i know... selfish thought).

oh and about johan? yeah, well just keep dreaming.

god, im pumped for the season to start!

I could have sworn when my alarm radio went off this morning they said we were going to sign Chan Ho Park????????:eek:

What's going on here???

I think if it came down to getting Johan id offer minny one of two packages:
Package A: Milledge, Deolis Guerra, Kevin Mulvey
Package B: Pelfrey, Carlos Gomez, Mulvey

Milledge and Pelfrey are obvious centerpieces to any deal with Santana. Both have high end ceilings but given our need for immediate OF help, Im more inclined to give the package with pelfrey. Gomez projects out to be a poor mans Beltran (figure 270-25hr-85runs-85rbi-20 sb) during his best years. Mulvey projects to a strong #4/ok #3.

I would not however give both Milledge and Pelfrey. After years of farm futility, we're finally churning out a high level prospect or two every year or two. And the guys we're bringing up seem to be high on everyones list just as Wright and reyes were. Both Milledge, Pelfrey, Humber and Martinez fall into that elite class. But since we dont have a lot of depth on the farm after our top guys it gets thin quick. With limited teams they can deal with giving an A prospect, a solid B prospect, and C prospect should be more then enough. If its not oh well. I dont believe we should put our organization's hopes on one arm even if it is Johan.

In Omar I trust. :)

I suspect the Twins would demand both Milledge (or even Fernando Martinez, whose star appears to have eclipsed Milledge's) and Pelfrey as part of any deal. I mean, they'd only be giving up the best pitcher in baseball in the prime of his career. Even with a limited market of teams that could realistically trade for him and then sign him after, plenty of contenders would happily surrender top prospects to rent him for half a season (or whatever) and let the chips fall where they may. Remember, getting a pair of #1 picks for losing a guy isn't bad compensation.

Back
Top Bottom