The 2007 Mets Thread | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2007 Mets Thread

whats this? wagner gievs up a triple in the 10th... still going 1-1 in 11th... jose reyes having a horrible time against roks 0-9 so far.

Endy, Endy!!!!!
I swear, I want to adopt him (he still looks 16 to me).
I have as much confidence in Endy Chavez, in clutch spots, as anyone on the team. Endy delivers. I think he'll be playing quite a bit when Alou gets his yearly 60 DL visit.

How about Easley? I didn't know what to think about picking him up this off season, but I'm getting to the point where I'm not going to challenge Omar's FA signings anymore. I believe the Braves announcers were even praising how we have one of the best club house atmospheres in baseball.

Now, who are we going to find to add to the bullpen?

I swear, I want to adopt him (he still looks 16 to me).
I have as much confidence in Endy Chavez, in clutch spots, as anyone on the team. Endy delivers. I think he'll be playing quite a bit when Alou gets his yearly 60 DL visit.

How about Easley? I didn't know what to think about picking him up this off season, but I'm getting to the point where I'm not going to challenge Omar's FA signings anymore. I believe the Braves announcers were even praising how we have one of the best club house atmospheres in baseball.

Now, who are we going to find to add to the bullpen?
I know just the guy....scott Linebrink. Hes reliable, hes good and best of all hes been available throughout the last offseason and last years trade deadline. RP's are usually very year to year but hes been very consistant the last 3 years.
I dont like that Heath Bell has been lights out for them and finally got his **** together but he has or so it seems and this would only enhance his availability.

As far as easley, anything is better than woodward who may have been a nice clubhouse guy but he wasnt much of a player.

And ya, I like endy a ton, hes a perfect sparkplug/bench player type. However hes had his moments of failure as well in big spots such as G7 NLCS in the 7th inning when he K'ed with 2 RISPS in scoring position. Id still rather have Beltran, Wright, reyes, Delgado, Alou, Lo Duca up in a big spot. But Im comfortable if Endy is up there because i know theres still a reasonable shot he comes through.

The Rocks really gave this one away....I don't know how Clint Hurdle and GM Dan O'Dowd keep their jobs here in Colorado? :rolleyes2

roman, im glad you dont like the mets, they would start losing...
walk off bunt by endy!!! tell me how often does that happens?

I know just the guy....scott Linebrink. Hes reliable, hes good and best of all hes been available throughout the last offseason and last years trade deadline. RP's are usually very year to year but hes been very consistant the last 3 years.
I dont like that Heath Bell has been lights out for them and finally got his **** together but he has or so it seems and this would only enhance his availability.

As far as easley, anything is better than woodward who may have been a nice clubhouse guy but he wasnt much of a player.

And ya, I like endy a ton, hes a perfect sparkplug/bench player type. However hes had his moments of failure as well in big spots such as G7 NLCS in the 7th inning when he K'ed with 2 RISPS in scoring position. Id still rather have Beltran, Wright, reyes, Delgado, Alou, Lo Duca up in a big spot. But Im comfortable if Endy is up there because i know theres still a reasonable shot he comes through.
I remember hearing we were going to trade for him last year. I'd be okay with that for sure.

I remember hearing we were going to trade for him last year. I'd be okay with that for sure.

After the Nady for Perez and Hernandez swap, we were set to spin Perez to the Padres for Linebrink, but apparently that fell through.

Heres a ton more on Ollie from the 2006 Mets thread. I love dthis trade when we made it and heres some of the reasons why:

Article on Oliver Perez: http://www.sny.tv/news/article.jsp?y...d=36018&vkey=9

A few things of note I took from that article:
- He lost about 6-8 MPH from his SD days to his pitt years (post 2004), partially because he insisted on changing arm slots so much that he struggles with consistancy.
- No pitcher has ever fared worse with "The Jacket" (aka rick peterson) then he has without. So clearly he knows what hes doing. Roberto Hernandez was a case in point in this piece.

Enjoy. And man if Ollie regains his form, we're cruising to the postseason again.

My guess is we wont be seeing perez until 07. He has major control issues and Pitt really ****** him up by trying to turn a guy with a 94 mph heater into the next Glavine. hes not a Glavine type though so his head probably isnt where it needs to be at this point but at 24 hes still young and talented enough to reinvent himself. He has bad control issues as hes always among the league leaders in walks and most pitches thrown but im not sure if thats a direct result of Pitt trying to make him in to a nibbler or if they tried to make him a nibbler because of bad control....He could come to pass as another Leiter type. This is the type of lefty you teach a cut fastball and a nasty slider to. Hes a power arm who can finesse a change or curve sometimes, not a finesse arm with a 94mph heater and I think thats where Pitt and SD lost him. You need to let him be a power pitcher. Thats where his greatest success was...04 was his highest K/9 rate and his best season.

And this article is just awesome in its detail: http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/files/mechanics/discussion/the_complex_case_of_oliver_perez/

That article on Perez's windup and release is absolutely awesome!

That article on Perez's windup and release is absolutely awesome!

agreed... wow good stuff...

anyway i was at yesterdays game... exciting game thats for sure... i remember in the 10th easley pinch hitting for wagner it got to an 0-2 count and i was like oh well... he takes 2 pitches and slams the homer... crowd went crazy... good stuff... drag bunt by endy was beautiful too... my friend i went with was calling for reyes to pull it off, so it was funny how after jose walked, endy pulled it off...

good win :D

Back
Top Bottom