The 2007 Mets Thread | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2007 Mets Thread

We'll have early game hitting tonight. We kill Johnson usually.
Maine NL pitcher of the Month
Reyes NL player of the Month.

Not bad :D

i know most of yous are nyers, so you get to see the mets often if you choose, but im goin tonite for the manie vs. johnson game... hopefully that late game hitting continues for us... maybe david wright even woke up a bit? delgado is comatose... hes painful to watch right now. anyways... go mets!

Enjoy! Maine is hotter than a $2 pistol right now. Bet the Orioles would like a do-over on that deal. :lol:

Well, at least they learned that CHP has nothing left and will cut the cord (hopefully). Too bad, I was looking forward to reviving the "Chan Ho Park Facts" discussion.
chan Ho Park is so bad that he got demoted for a guy with an infinite ERA, a career minor who's name I cant spell and likely wont be around for me to learn how to spell.

And as Im typing this Jorge Sosa was recalled and the other dude sent down who had replaced park.

i know most of yous are nyers, so you get to see the mets often if you choose, but im goin tonite for the manie vs. johnson game... hopefully that late game hitting continues for us... maybe david wright even woke up a bit? delgado is comatose... hes painful to watch right now. anyways... go mets!
I agree Delgado needs to wake up. At what point do we get concerned? I mean its one thing to say he had no spring training cause of the birth of his kid and the surgery but this is the 2nd time in 4 years hes off to a godawful start. While Jeter hit 175 into may 2 years ago, Delgado is usually very consistant. Maybe age is setting in?

chan Ho Park is so bad that he got demoted for a guy with an infinite ERA, a career minor who's name I cant spell and likely wont be around for me to learn how to spell.

And as Im typing this Jorge Sosa was recalled and the other dude sent down who had replaced park.

LMAO

Poetry

yeah, maine didnt dissapoint... as usual theyre was the normal scatter of mets fans... we even got the "jose" chant going...
when he got picked off at first the dback fans got a "jose" chant going too:shakeno:
im glad chan ho isnt pitching tonite... glad randolph's one game chan ho tease was enough for him to put sosa on the mound.
hope the mets keep the ownage of the dbacks going... although, sosa is 0-3 w/ 6.6era career agaisnt az.

LOL @ Maine's era going up from 1.35 with 1er in 6ip last night. Thats when you know youre red hot. And hopefully he keeps it up.

- Charter Member of Maine's Mainiacs :)

I agree Delgado needs to wake up. At what point do we get concerned? I mean its one thing to say he had no spring training cause of the birth of his kid and the surgery but this is the 2nd time in 4 years hes off to a godawful start. While Jeter hit 175 into may 2 years ago, Delgado is usually very consistant. Maybe age is setting in?
I'm really starting to get concerned about Delgado, he never has so clueless at the plate than he has early in the season, being the cleanup hitter he has been killing the Mets, if he was hitting we would probably be alot better than 18-10.

I'm really starting to get concerned about Delgado, he never has so clueless at the plate than he has early in the season, being the cleanup hitter he has been killing the Mets, if he was hitting we would probably be alot better than 18-10.
Well he started off equally as bad i think it was 3 years ago in toronto when he was coming off surgery so he has started badly before but then he was 3 years younger. So is it age or is the fact he didnt have a real spring training because of the elbow surgery/birth of his child?

By the way, hockey futures is definitely a pretty decent board. im on the Islanders board occassionally...go figure :D

Well he started off equally as bad i think it was 3 years ago in toronto when he was coming off surgery so he has started badly before but then he was 3 years younger. So is it age or is the fact he didnt have a real spring training because of the elbow surgery/birth of his child?

He's not having a bad night tonight, hopefully it can continue.

By the way, hockey futures is definitely a pretty decent board. im on the Islanders board occassionally...go figure :D
Yeah we work hard at it, I'm Lou is God on there, even so I can't say Lou was a God tonight.

:fire:

jorge sosa represnts tonite! and delgado actually hit the ball.

Im beginning to think I may have to rescind all the awful things I said about green this offseason. Hes still terrible on defense but at least hes showing hes worth something with the bat. Sometimes youth looks so appealing but with milledge out another 3-5 weeks with the injury its good that green is hitting so well and realizing hes not a 40 hr guy anymore and instead being a doubles hitter with a nice average. Now he just has to maintain this level of play and we should be pretty good in RF offensively and we can always use Endy as the late inning defensive replacement guy.

dammit boik! you totally jinxed green... i have been puting off on the shawn green love for a while now cause i am afraid to watch him come back to earth. i know i have said harsh words about him before the season, but yes he has been everything that is solid at that plate.

on another note... mike pelfrey is not that fun to watch... i know he was missing four starting players due to rest (no run support), but come on and show us something... i say when el duque comes back, hes gone in favor of sosa.

They better keep an eye on that Jorge Sosa guy. He'll make you think he's a good pitcher and then he'll suddenly stink. We thought we had something with him in Atlanta after 05 but he was flat out horrible last season. He couldn't start and then stunk when he was moved to the bullpen too.

yeah, hopefully sosa is immune to your description muscles...

Back
Top Bottom