The 2007 Mets Thread | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2007 Mets Thread

They better keep an eye on that Jorge Sosa guy. He'll make you think he's a good pitcher and then he'll suddenly stink. We thought we had something with him in Atlanta after 05 but he was flat out horrible last season. He couldn't start and then stunk when he was moved to the bullpen too.

Hey, go pee in someone else's Cheerio's :oldman:

Isn't Sosa the guy who Delgado owns?

They better keep an eye on that Jorge Sosa guy. He'll make you think he's a good pitcher and then he'll suddenly stink. We thought we had something with him in Atlanta after 05 but he was flat out horrible last season. He couldn't start and then stunk when he was moved to the bullpen too.
With sosa its never been a question of ability its always been consistancy...i think that would be why we signed him to a 1 year deal trying to catch lighting in a bottle and hope Rick The Jacket Peterson can fix him like he did Julio (temporarily), Glavine, and a few others.

Hey, go pee in someone else's Cheerio's :oldman:

Isn't Sosa the guy who Delgado owns?
Yep hes one of the many Delgado owns. But I think Delgado was like 9/13 or something career off him.

dammit boik! you totally jinxed green... i have been puting off on the shawn green love for a while now cause i am afraid to watch him come back to earth. i know i have said harsh words about him before the season, but yes he has been everything that is solid at that plate.

on another note... mike pelfrey is not that fun to watch... i know he was missing four starting players due to rest (no run support), but come on and show us something... i say when el duque comes back, hes gone in favor of sosa.
I think Green has really done a good job becoming a different type of hitter and I think being more of a doubles hitter is actually helping his power stroke. He put a slight hitch back in his swing as a timing mechanism like he used to have a long time ago in toronto and I think its help his ability to make contact.

Regarding pelfrey, i think hes fun to watch he just needs to come in to games more relaxed. his 1st innings have been god awful and then he seems to settle in. But when he throws those 40 pitch 1st innings its totally killing his ability to pitch deep in to games.

That 9 run 5th may have been the worst inning of baseball i have ever seen played. Only partially Ollie's fault with 2 errors...only 2 of the 5 runs ollie allowed were earned.

Memo to the offense (aside from beltran/green/reyes/alou): Season started. Now wake the **** up. I know its not willie's style to lash out but with the way we played tonight, if ever there was a time to do, now is it. This was garbage.

That 9 run 5th may have been the worst inning of baseball i have ever seen played. Only partially Ollie's fault with 2 errors...only 2 of the 5 runs ollie allowed were earned.

Memo to the offense (aside from beltran/green/reyes/alou): Season started. Now wake the **** up. I know its not willie's style to lash out but with the way we played tonight, if ever there was a time to do, now is it. This was garbage.

The entire NL East is going down tonight.

I'm feeling the same way about those guys needing to wake up, but we are tied for the 2nd best record in the NL. I'd still let the vets work through it, especially at a time when we can afford for them to take a little longer. IDK, I see the fire in Dooky and Wright, just not the production. I wish Willie would stick with Wright at #2 for a while. All the arguments aside, he was going oppo in the 2nd slot, and that's the road he needs to travel if he's going to fix that swing.

I'm feeling the same way about those guys needing to wake up, but we are tied for the 2nd best record in the NL. I'd still let the vets work through it, especially at a time when we can afford for them to take a little longer. IDK, I see the fire in Dooky and Wright, just not the production. I wish Willie would stick with Wright at #2 for a while. All the arguments aside, he was going oppo in the 2nd slot, and that's the road he needs to travel if he's going to fix that swing.
No, he needs to get out of the 2 slot. Forget about going to the opposite field for five minutes, hes late on everything right now, thats why he has no power production and all his hits are broken bat bloopers.

No, he needs to get out of the 2 slot. Forget about going to the opposite field for five minutes, hes late on everything right now, thats why he has no power production and all his hits are broken bat bloopers.

See, and I think it's because he's trying to hit for power by attempting to yank the ball. I don't see the hands coming through on the inside like he used to do.

See, and I think it's because he's trying to hit for power by attempting to yank the ball. I don't see the hands coming through on the inside like he used to do.
he cant be trying to yank everything when it seems like many of his hits are going to rf/rt-center. He's just late getting around on that ball inside around the waist and outside and low that he normally hits for extra bases.

How funny do the Mets look???

They all shaved their heads!

I think its great!

1-0 Mets!

RBI double by Wright!

2-0

RBI double by Beltran

Back
Top Bottom