The 2007 Mets Thread | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2007 Mets Thread

arthritis? yeah, maybe closer to 50 isnt so far fecthed. lol.

el duque isnt a child or a yonger person... is he? :)

With all the trashtalk between the mets and phils i got a kick out of this....

It’s amazing, for two teams who reside so geographically close to each other there has never been a real rivalry to speak of. While the forty five years of Mets history hasn’t been filled with trophies at least we’ve won two titles. Now compare this with the Phillies, who have one (1) World Series in their history (1980), a history that began in 1883. A history so filled with futility that this year, the Phillies will become the first professional team in organized sports to lose ten thousand games.

http://www.nybaseballonline.com/fit_35_Phillies-Jimmy-Rollins.htm

Call me nuts but I believe Florida and atlanta (especially atlanta) pose a significantly larger threat. At least with Atlanta we can argue they strengthened their pen (Mike Gonzalez, Wickman, Rafael Soriano) and they have a good rotation if things break right (Smoltz/Hudson/James and as much as I hate to admit it we know Hampton could be good again) and they outscored the mets last year....

"I'm back," Perez said. "I'm happy. The last few games I was feeling really good. I know that's me. After the season I was trying to continue to learn and understand about what happened last year. Now that feels like a long time ago. The Mets believed in me. I understand I can do this. That's why I'm here."

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php...lRUV5eTcwODQyNjUmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

He's always had wicked stuff, but for whatever reason, he just lost the strike zone the last couple years. That Game 7 playoff start had to do wonders for his confidence, and if you've got confidence, good stuff and a good pitching coach, there's no reason you can't succeed.

He's always had wicked stuff, but for whatever reason, he just lost the strike zone the last couple years. That Game 7 playoff start had to do wonders for his confidence, and if you've got confidence, good stuff and a good pitching coach, there's no reason you can't succeed.
He lost the strike zone because Pitt tried to make him into Tom Glavine so he could pitch deeper in games. Their bullpen was so bad te last few years, they toyed with is release point, arm angle to try and get him to throw asofter and nibble more on the corners. After we acquired him there was actually a video on you tube i believe that showed his release point last year compared to 04 and then after his 3rd or 4th start there was another video that showed Perez as a met and his release point was getting closer to where it was in 04. Im willing to bet Peterson fixes him and gets him close to that 04 level.

He lost the strike zone because Pitt tried to make him into Tom Glavine so he could pitch deeper in games. Their bullpen was so bad te last few years, they toyed with is release point, arm angle to try and get him to throw asofter and nibble more on the corners. After we acquired him there was actually a video on you tube i believe that showed his release point last year compared to 04 and then after his 3rd or 4th start there was another video that showed Perez as a met and his release point was getting closer to where it was in 04. Im willing to bet Peterson fixes him and gets him close to that 04 level.

That would be huge if he gets back to that 04 form, and if maine just keeps steady (K'd the first two he faced yesterday), our staff will be fine.

I'm watching the Mets play the Tigers!!!!!!!:D

Perez walked the first batter and gave up a double to the second.:ninja:

1-0 Tigers:boohoo:

Back
Top Bottom