***The 2008 Atlanta Braves Thread*** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The 2008 Atlanta Braves Thread***

Nice. We may be late to the party but we are ready to run down the Mets and Phils.

Hell we should probably worry about the Marlins too. They probably have some young guys ready to come in and tear it up.

Hmmm I haven't been watching them too closely since the D train deal. I think they got some young guys in that trade not to sure though.

I thought about starting this thread two days ago but didn't because I haven't heard much of anything going on with the Braves lately.

I read the thing about Hampton in the old thread. He's obviously finished. Is there any way the Braves can stop paying him millions for nothing?

I thought about starting this thread two days ago but didn't because I haven't heard much of anything going on with the Braves lately.

I read the thing about Hampton in the old thread. He's obviously finished. Is there any way the Braves can stop paying him millions for nothing?
As he said when he left Noo Yawk: the school systems are sooooo much better in colorado (and down south) so it looks like youre stuck with him :wink:

From what I read no there is not. What they are hoping to do though as I said is keep him as kind of an option for the rotation. Which I personally like, less reliance on hampton to stay healthy, less stress on him, and if he does stay healthy well we have a descent pitcher in our rotation.

edit: I post a link about tex in the last thread. You might want to check it out its speculation but interesting none the less.

Well, we just lost the Richmond Braves, AAA affiliate to the Atlanta Braves, for '09..
The Atlanta Braves will move their Triple-A franchise from Richmond to Gwinnett County, Georgia for the 2009 season. The announcement was made after the Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners unanimous vote to build a new stadium. raves executive vice president of business operations Mike Plant has spent the past four years attempting to find a suitable facility for the club's Triple-A affiliate. After countless battles with the city of Richmond, Va., and an untold amount of hours evaluating other potential locations throughout the United States, he came to the realization that his best solution would be in his organization's backyard.

I would probably agree. His BA and OBP were low. Whoever plays CF will probably not match his HRs and RBIs. But they can help the offense by not striking out as much as he did and getting on base more. You would probably have to bring in one of the top 5 defensive outfielders to replace his glove. Maybe a younger player can cover as much ground as him. But I doubt anyone will match his instincts and arm.

We're going to miss Andruw out in the field the most for sure. They'll be fine without his .200 average.

He's won 10 Golden Gloves actually.

Back
Top Bottom