***The 2008 Atlanta Braves Thread*** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The 2008 Atlanta Braves Thread***

More of a glavine replacement though that can maybe go the distance? I don't think itll be that big of a deal.
No offense bro but all the guy has done is log 220+IPs and K over 235 for each of the last 4 seasons whie being the best SP in baseball over that stretch. Its no different then when you guys used to run out studs every day like Maddux/Smoltz/Avery/Glavine....

It is a big deal just like when ATL landed Tex at last years trade deadline. :beer1:

No offense bro but all the guy has done is log 220+IPs and K over 235 for each of the last 4 seasons whie being the best SP in baseball over that stretch. Its no different then when you guys used to run out studs every day like Maddux/Smoltz/Avery/Glavine....

It is a big deal just like when ATL landed Tex at last years trade deadline. :beer1:
Meh my bad.

no doubt about it. great pickup for the Metropolitans.

Johan is a stud.

Glavine needs to be just good enough to where its not killing us to have him out there for 5 or 6 innings. Just eat up some innings so the bullpen doesn't get overworked. The rotation other than Smoltz and Hudson killed us last year. If Glavine can give us over 150 innings at an ERA under 5.00 it should really help. Just a few starts from Hampton would be a bonus considering what he has given us the last few years. As for the back end of the rotation I guess we just hope the offense is good and can make up for it.

Glavine needs to be just good enough to where its not killing us to have him out there for 5 or 6 innings. Just eat up some innings so the bullpen doesn't get overworked. The rotation other than Smoltz and Hudson killed us last year. If Glavine can give us over 150 innings at an ERA under 5.00 it should really help. Just a few starts from Hampton would be a bonus considering what he has given us the last few years. As for the back end of the rotation I guess we just hope the offense is good and can make up for it.
If chuck james can step up and pitch descent as well we will have a good rotation going. I agree about glavine just needing to do enough, if you read he talks about his era before the collapse I think it was not too bad. What I like is we have depth, which we haven't had in a couple of seasons.

I agree we don't need Glavine to be what he once was, just better than the 3-5 guys were last season. That shouldn't be too hard since they generally were awful. If Hampton could actually hold out for a while without getting hurt that would be great. I won't count on it. Smoltz should definitely benefit from some of the pressure being taken off of him.

Returning Braves impress Perez
Braves bullpen coach Eddie Perez was pleased to see two former teammates — Glavine and Javy Lopez — look no worse for wear in their first day back with the Braves.
Lopez, 37, is attempting a comeback as McCann's backup after being cut by Colorado during 2007 spring training. He appears in excellent condition, noticeably slimmer than in his 43-homer season with the Braves in 2003, his last in Atlanta

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/braves/stories/2008/02/01/braves_0202.html

Man can someone put a hit out on Boras. He will probably hold out for some crazy amount like $20 mil a year.

Man can someone put a hit out on Boras. He will probably hold out for some crazy amount like $20 mil a year.

than Yankees are gonna throw a ton of cash Texeira's way after this offseason.

but one thing in Atlanta's favor; Tex's wife is from the Atlanta area, and her family still resides there. so maybe the Braves will get a slight "hometown" discount.

then again, Andruw Jones's wife is a former UGA sorority girl with family in the area too, and he wasn't gonna give the Braves a home team discount, so who knows.

Back
Top Bottom