***The 2008 Atlanta Braves Thread*** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The 2008 Atlanta Braves Thread***

LA dodgers I believe.....
that would be correct :up:, atleast they still have Chipper, Teixeira, and McCann (love this kid).

btw if you were wondering the Braves have always been my second favorite team, and my favorite NL team to watch. I was really hoping the Sox could make a move to get Saltalamacchia before he was traded to the Rangers in the Teixeira deal, we need youth at the Catcher position. Varitek, even though my favorite player and still very solid, is getting up there in age.

I've heard people express their concern for our infield defense. Chipper and Teixiera are fine at the corners. But Escobar is kind of an unknown, with his bat as well as his glove. Kelly Johnson's natural position isn't 2B and we aren't sure he will hit like he did last year. McCann is a solid hitter but I've never been wowed by his glove or arm. That is a big question mark right up the middle of the field. And most every pitcher but Smoltz is reliant on the defense to get guys out.

I've heard people express their concern for our infield defense. Chipper and Teixiera are fine at the corners. But Escobar is kind of an unknown, with his bat as well as his glove. Kelly Johnson's natural position isn't 2B and we aren't sure he will hit like he did last year. McCann is a solid hitter but I've never been wowed by his glove or arm. That is a big question mark right up the middle of the field. And most every pitcher but Smoltz is reliant on the defense to get guys out.
Which one is escobar the young kid?

I'm not worried too much about Escobar. I watched him a bit last season and he looked like he could potentially make us forget Renteria in a season or two. Good at the plate for sure and they've said that SS is his natural position.

How is Escobars glove?

edit: Looks like kelly johnson is our 2nd baseman. I think Omar Infante was the young kid I was refering to earlier.

I didn't see a lot of Escobar in the field. I know he hit over .300 while Rentaria was hurt.

I didn't see a lot of Escobar in the field. I know he hit over .300 while Rentaria was hurt.

I watched a lot of games and can't recall any fielding problems. SS is the position he's played the most throughout his career. (He played in Cuba before coming to the US)

I'm not worried too much about Escobar. I watched him a bit last season and he looked like he could potentially make us forget Renteria in a season or two. Good at the plate for sure and they've said that SS is his natural position.

i agree, especially for the amount of money Escobar makes comparitively... that savings might help the Braves sign Tex long term.

Back
Top Bottom