***The 2008 Atlanta Braves Thread*** | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The 2008 Atlanta Braves Thread***

It was announced today that Javy Lopez decided to retire rather than play in the minors. He said he felt fine physically which really makes me wonder why he can't hit anymore.
Wow they really tried to send him down. No way they had to have known he'd walk I would think.

I never cared too much for him. He would hit decent most of the time. Then when a contract year pops up he has a huge year and then jumps ship for the money. I just hope we have someone behind McCann in case he can't stay healthy.

Wow they really tried to send him down. No way they had to have known he'd walk I would think.

Yeah it seems Bobby wanted him to get some more at bats in the minors. He had some pretty good seasons and wasn't all that old. I still wonder how he lost so much.

Yeah it seems Bobby wanted him to get some more at bats in the minors. He had some pretty good seasons and wasn't all that old. I still wonder how he lost so much.

Since no one else has pointed this out I figured I would. Isn't it obvious why Javy was so great for a few years and then so bad after?

I'll give ya a hint. Starts with an 'S' and rhymes with "chair-oids"...

Since no one else has pointed this out I figured I would. Isn't it obvious why Javy was so great for a few years and then so bad after?

I'll give ya a hint. Starts with an 'S' and rhymes with "chair-oids"...

That could be it. Or it could be just what I said, which was that he had a career year in a contract year and then dialed it in. But he could have had that career year with some assistance from some illegal substances.

Some News for you guys. This from the Braves Official site regarding out-of-options players.

"The out-of-option players who could draw the most trade interest for the Braves are right-handed relievers Chris Resop, Tyler Yates and Blaine Boyer; catcher Brayan Pena and first baseman Scott Thorman."

One, if not Two of these guys are gone by the end of the week IMO. I wouldnt be sad to see Resop go (because he's a D-Bag) and think Thorman is expendable. Yates is probably the only guy safe unless someone tosses a deal at Wren he can't refuse.

EDIT: The Tigers are drawing some MAJOR interest in Yates. Dont be surprised if there's a deal done soon.

Looks like I underestimated how much confidence Bobby has in Jurrjens:

"After Tuesday's game, Cox also said that he'll start Jair Jurrjens in the season's third game. That would mean the right-handed Jurrjens will pitch between Glavine and Mike Hampton, who are both left-handed."

Apparently the rotation will start like this: Hudson, Glavine, Jurrjens, Hampton, James/Bennett?

This of course because Smoltz will most likely start the year on the 15-Day DL. Hopefully he'll be ready to go for the early April series vs. the Mets.

The Braves are in last place...almost as good as the Mets being last. :up:

Yeah offense was a little slow last night. How crazy was it that the Nats hadn't had a base runner since the 1st inning until that homer! Hudson was dominant after the first.

Thats why they play 162 of em' boys.

If any of you guys are watching this game vs. Pitt I am pulling my hair out! What an insane game. Hopefully we can steal one.

Back
Top Bottom