***The 2008 Atlanta Braves Thread*** | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The 2008 Atlanta Braves Thread***

I have to be drunk to do alot of things....like go to work
22180575-1.jpg

Hampton left the game today with a sore groin. But they had a fantasy baseball injury report on the Hot List and they said he could be a good value pick late in the draft because most reports are that Hampton has looked good thus far.

The paper today has an article about Yunel Escobar. They say he's on fire so far batting nearly .500 and he has 4 multiple hit games already. I have high hopes for this kid.

I'm not sure where Yunel will bat in the lineup. If he is hitting this well I would think he hits at the top of the lineup so he can get on base and set the table.

I'm not sure where Yunel will bat in the lineup. If he is hitting this well I would think he hits at the top of the lineup so he can get on base and set the table.

I'd expect to see him in the leadoff spot. He runs the bases well too. I remember him catching a couple of pitchers asleep last year. Remember when he stole second while the pitcher was tying his shoe and nobody was covering the bag?

I'd expect to see him in the leadoff spot. He runs the bases well too. I remember him catching a couple of pitchers asleep last year. Remember when he stole second while the pitcher was tying his shoe and nobody was covering the bag?

I don't remember that. I didn't watch as many games last year as I usually do. TBS didn't show as many and I just forgot to search elsewhere.

I remember that. I also remember the announcers talking about how he was a bit inconsistent at getting on base. Lets hope that changed.

Prospect Flowers shows power, potential
The Flowers travelin' power show made a stop at Tigertown in Lakeland, where the 250-pound catcher/first baseman (and former linebacker) littered the berm with gifts for fans who reached skyward as one after another of his towering batting practice fly balls fell to earth at Joker Marchant Stadium.

The non-roster invitee and No. 12-rated Braves prospect won't make the team this spring barring events unforeseen. But he's certainly making a big impression on players and team officials — and everyone else who saw his titanic blast in batting practice Monday.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/braves/stories/2008/03/06/flowers_0307.html

Trade bait? Or possible first baseman?

Jurrjens (or however you spell it) continues to impress extending his streak of scoreless innings pitched to 8. Sorry for no link ,I got this out of the paper today. Do you think if this keeps up he has a chance of making the starting rotation? I think he could get Hampton's spot when he inevitably goes down with injury.

Jurrjens (or however you spell it) continues to impress extending his streak of scoreless innings pitched to 8. Sorry for no link ,I got this out of the paper today. Do you think if this keeps up he has a chance of making the starting rotation? I think he could get Hampton's spot when he inevitably goes down with injury.
I read they were thinking the 5th spot for him. Not to sure if inbetween he will be a set up man? I could see him getting mr. glass's spot...........

Back
Top Bottom