***The 2008 Atlanta Braves Thread*** | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The 2008 Atlanta Braves Thread***

I read they were thinking the 5th spot for him. Not to sure if inbetween he will be a set up man? I could see him getting mr. glass's spot...........

Lucky I think Jurrjens has that 5th spot just about locked up. Bobby is really impressed with him. Cope that with the fact he (Cox) has never been afraid to stick an unproven guy with talent into a key role for the ball club.

I dont see him setting up. Unfortuantely, my D-Bag high school nemesis (Chris Resop) will probably compete for that job with Ring, Ohman, and Acosta.

Also wanted to add that Glavine has looked sharp lately. His ball to strike ratio may seem despariging, but Tommy's always been the kind of pitcher to nibble and get cheap outs when behind in the count.

Starting to like the way things are shapin' up fellas :up:

Also wanted to add that Glavine has looked sharp lately. His ball to strike ratio may seem despariging, but Tommy's always been the kind of pitcher to nibble and get cheap outs when behind in the count.

Starting to like the way things are shapin' up fellas :up:
Me too but I don't want to get too excited.
The main if's right now are:
1) If Hampton can stay healthy.
2) If we can get the bats going early, chipper........
3) If our bullpen can do what they did last year or even a little bit better.
4) If Glavine can not collapse like last season.

Thats alot of questions so I will reserve being excited to about midseason lol.

I think as long as we stay healthy we will be fine. If we can do that its just a matter of when we get hot relative to when the Mets and Phils get hot.

Gregor Blanco

I keep hearing great things about this kid Blanco from Venuzuela. You guys think he has a chance to platoon in the OF at some point this year?

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/braves/stories/2008/03/12/anderson_0313.html

Outfielder Anderson smashes stereotypes
Lake Buena Vista, Fla. — You heard he led the minor leagues with 78 stolen bases in 2004 and immediately conjured an image of Josh Anderson.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/braves/stories/2008/03/12/bravescuts_0313.html

Morton, Flowers among nine cut
Lake Buena Vista, Fla. — Pitching prospect Charlie Morton and catcher-first baseman Tyler Flowers were among nine players dropped from the camp roster Wednesday in the first round of cuts by the Braves.

Also dropped from the roster were right-handed pitchers Zach Schreiber, Phil Stockman, Matt DeSalvo and Jairo Cuevas; shortstops Javier Guzman and Diory Hernandez; and catcher J.C. Boscan.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp...2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=atl&partnered=rss_atl

Hampton encouraged after sim game
Left-hander throws 59 pitches without feeling discomfort
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Mike Hampton broke a few bats during his four-inning simulated game at Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex on Wednesday afternoon. But fortunately for the Braves, he survived the session without breaking, tearing or tweaking any of the many body parts that have recently caused him problems.

Minor League Report: Gregor Blanco
Unheralded center fielder has impressed in Braves camp
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- When the Braves began their search for Andruw Jones' replacement during the offseason, Gregor Blanco's name was seldom mentioned as a legit candidate. But since the start of Spring Training, many people have changed their opinion of Blanco and gained the belief he'll be in the Major Leagues very soon.

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/...d=2424013&vkey=spt2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=atl

Barring some injuries does not sound like he will be in the majors this year.

Hmmm, I wonder if Flowers will be signed to a minor league deal. I thought he showed some promise this spring.

SERIOUS EDIT: Flowers will be in Class A Rome this year. He was drafted by ATL (thought he was a non-roster invitee)

Hmmm, I wonder if Flowers will be signed to a minor league deal. I thought he showed some promise this spring.

SERIOUS EDIT: Flowers will be in Class A Rome this year. He was drafted by ATL (thought he was a non-roster invitee)
Yup. Says in the article. Your boy I posted about above will be with 3A richmond. You never know though he might get the call up. :hi5:

Francoer got nailed in the face by a pitch yesterday. But he's ok thankfully. That's a loss they really wouldn't need.

Francoer got nailed in the face by a pitch yesterday. But he's ok thankfully. That's a loss they really wouldn't need.

image_6825610-1.jpg

ouch

Jesus. How do you get hit in the face with a pitch in ST?

Same way you get hit with one in the regular season, cept in ST guys are trying things they're not used to (eg. Wellemeyer trying to throw a change-up)

Frenchie's pretty lucky, that guy's fastball was upper 90's when he first came up with the Cubbies.

It was announced today that Javy Lopez decided to retire rather than play in the minors. He said he felt fine physically which really makes me wonder why he can't hit anymore.

Back
Top Bottom