The 2008 NHL Playoff thread | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2008 NHL Playoff thread

LMAO....Fleury stinks...............MOntreal was heavy favs to take us out in 5....We took em out in 5.....and ohhh yeah experts on Espn say were takin it in 6....

Flyer power...Siisy Crosby will cry

(sigh)

Dom ... how does Fleury stink? Is it by working up a sweat compiling a 1.76 GAA and .938 SV% :lol:

... and, who is Siisy Crosby? Are you trying to say "sissy" - if so, I'll take as many of those type "sissies" as I gan get on the squad.;)

BTW: I said it earlier, I'll say it again ... PENS IN 5. Take it to the bank.

If you've watched any of the eight Flyers-Pens games this season, you'll know this series wont be easy. I personally expect the Penguins to win the series, because of their scoring depth on each line and their solid goal tending. But i doubt the Pens will win in four or even five games like they have thus far in their playoff series. I'd expect this series to go at least six games, and probably seven and it's a shame because i think if John Stevens would play Steve Downie over Patrick Thorosen and maybe even a little of Riley Cote the Flyers could probably win this series.

If you've watched any of the eight Flyers-Pens games this season, you'll know that Sid didn't play in four of them.

However, the playoffs are a different animal than the regular season ... the Cup really does change everything. It WILL be a very physical series, but the Penguins skill is simply too overwhelming for the Flyers to handle. If we can keep Umberger under wraps it'll be over quickly (he's a Pens killer) ... I will stand by what I said. Pens in 5.

The Flyers beat the Penguins five of eight times this season.

Three of those five wins came with Sydney Crosby playing for the Penguins.

I think the Pens will beat the Flyers in a 7 game series.

I'm not a fan of either team but I just think the Pens should be able to out score them. They proved against a high powered and decent defence team in the Rangers that they will score and often.

I see it the Pens but it will go to the 7th.

game 1 between the Stars and Redwings should be interesting... the Stars have gone through Anaheim and San Jose, while the redwings coasted through Nashville and Colorado, obviously Dallas has had the tougher matchups so far.... so im curious as to the intensity that both teams come out with in game 1... Redwings need to come out full speed and not be lax and slip into an early hole...

Dallas just grinds it out. In the 2nd OT I thought they were dominated yet nothing for San Jose. The puck didn't seem to "stick" to Turco and he was giving up rebounds yet San Jose couldn't get to it because of the D.

Dallas has had two much better opponents but I think that helps a team rather than hurt. I don't think playing at a high level hurts a team. Detroit played too much weaker teams but dominated. Jose Theodore made Carey Price's performance vs Philly look vezina worthy.

Philly's in the conference finals and I still think they're a bad team.

Surprise surprise.....

And why are they a BAD team?

Because when i look at them i see far from a BAD team, but a pretty solid young team.

Are they as good as the Penguins? No

Do they have a bonafied star like Crosby or a true terrific scorer.....again No.

Is Marty Biron a goalie on the level of a Brodeur? No.

But are the Flyers a BAD team? Absolutely not. They are a tough physical team with smart players, grinders, hard nosed, a lot of heart the kind of Hockey that the Flyers pride themselves on. They don't give up, they fight back. They've done it all season long and in the playoffs too. I really don't understand all the anti-Flyers people out there.

Dallas just grinds it out. In the 2nd OT I thought they were dominated yet nothing for San Jose. The puck didn't seem to "stick" to Turco and he was giving up rebounds yet San Jose couldn't get to it because of the D.

Dallas has had two much better opponents but I think that helps a team rather than hurt. I don't think playing at a high level hurts a team. Detroit played too much weaker teams but dominated. Jose Theodore made Carey Price's performance vs Philly look vezina worthy.

Dont be a HATER.......Briere must burn u ehhhhhh,,,,,Sabre fan are u jealous???

Buffalo will be in the basement for at least 4-5 years

FLYER POWER

Flyers in 6

We are built for Playoff hockey...were physical.....Were tough to beat

We need to split in Tinsel town and than come home and win 2 games

Wooohoooooooooooo

Go Flyers Go

Surprise surprise.....

And why are they a BAD team?

Because when i look at them i see far from a BAD team, but a pretty solid young team.

Are they as good as the Penguins? No

Do they have a bonafied star like Crosby or a true terrific scorer.....again No.

Is Marty Biron a goalie on the level of a Brodeur? No.

But are the Flyers a BAD team? Absolutely not. They are a tough physical team with smart players, grinders, hard nosed, a lot of heart the kind of Hockey that the Flyers pride themselves on. They don't give up, they fight back. They've done it all season long and in the playoffs too. I really don't understand all the anti-Flyers people out there.

I get what you're saying and i'm not the one to be convincing. Though if ya ask Dom he'll convince ya the 1-15 dolphins were the most talented team. Philly's there and I watched other teams that I didn't think we're as talented get to the Cup finals (cough no goal). If Darcy Regier didn't take a pile in Bernier for Campbell then I don't see the difference in the team. Even without him I don't see the difference.

The NHL is trying to take the NFL model and I don't blame them. Rather than get elite pull everybody towards the middle. Though as somebody in the East i'm happy not having to wait for games.

Obviously for the good of the NHL Detroit/Pittsburgh would be the ideal. Though even Philly/Detroit wouldn't be bad for the league. Dallas would. Nevermind that Turco is out of his mind right now but I think that fans from places that like hockey don't respect a team in the south.

Pens will win the first 2 at home, then split in Philly, and wrap the Eastern Conference up at the Igloo in game 5.

BEWARE THE PENGUINS!

The Flyers today lost Kimmo Timmonen for the playoffs with a blood clot in his leg. Without now happening, there is NO QUESTION in my mind that the Flyers will not win the series against Pittsburgh now. Timmonen is our best defensemen, he shut down down Ovechkin, and now he's gone. There is nobody back there to stop the Penguin scorers. The Flyers will not be able to over come the loss of him.

Back
Top Bottom