The 2008 NHL Playoff thread | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2008 NHL Playoff thread

The Flyers today lost Kimmo Timmonen for the playoffs with a blood clot in his leg. Without now happening, there is NO QUESTION in my mind that the Flyers will not win the series against Pittsburgh now. Timmonen is our best defensemen, he shut down down Ovechkin, and now he's gone. There is nobody back there to stop the Penguin scorers. The Flyers will not be able to over come the loss of him.
beleive

Randy Jones and Coburn

The Flyers today lost Kimmo Timmonen for the playoffs with a blood clot in his leg. Without now happening, there is NO QUESTION in my mind that the Flyers will not win the series against Pittsburgh now. Timmonen is our best defensemen, he shut down down Ovechkin, and now he's gone. There is nobody back there to stop the Penguin scorers. The Flyers will not be able to over come the loss of him.

His loss will definately be felt.

... although, there was never any doubt in my mind.;)

:woohoo:
Thank God it's Friday and this series will finally begin.

the redwings steamroller keeps rolling!

i dont think we even played our best hockey last night, but we capitalized on all our chances and osgood looked good in the net... but we are playing like we played in the beginning of the season when we started out like 30-7, we're healthy and look to be hitting on all cylinders... :woot:

ODD ...

I just realizied something. This year's Eastern Conf. Finals is between the team that was the worst in the Conf. last year (Flyers) and the worst in the Conf. 2 years ago (Penguins)

:lol: Does that indicate there's hope for our Dolphins sooner rather than later.

(and yes, I know that the NHL isn't the NFL)

BIG weekend for the Penguins. Took the 1st two at home, now looking to steal one in Philly - then end it in 5 games!

BEWARE THE PENGUINS!

This is our year.

Beat-down in Philly!!!

With a 3-0 series lead and TWO of the remaining (potential) four games at home, THERE IS NO WAY THAT THE FLYERS WILL COME BACK TO WIN THE SERIES!

The Penguins are now 11-1 in the playoffs ... as much as I hate to look ahead, I really can't wait for the matchup vs. Detroit (should be an excellent series - I'm drooling already)

LET'S GO PENS!

This could be our year!!!

Beat-down in Philly!!!

With a 3-0 series lead and TWO of the remaining (potential) four games at home, THERE IS NO WAY THAT THE FLYERS WILL COME BACK TO WIN THE SERIES!

The Penguins are now 11-1 in the playoffs ... as much as I hate to look ahead, I really can't wait for the matchup vs. Detroit (should be an excellent series - I'm drooling already)

LET'S GO PENS!

This could be our year!!!

Im happy Philly made it this far...were young and upcoming......
Congrats Bumpus..but Detroit in 5...bank on it

man you poor phili fans!

I was way off saying Pitt in 7! it will only take 4!

man you poor phili fans!

I was way off saying Pitt in 7! it will only take 4!

I dont want to make injuries a scape goat, but there is no chance in hell the Pens sweep the Flyers if Timonen and Coburn are both healthy for the entire series. I'd have been shocked if it went less than six games if we had Timonen, and the Coburn loss put the nail in the coffin. But Pittsburgh is a very good team, a better team than a healthy Flyers team, so they'd have probably won the series anyway. Hopefully they lose several good players this off-season with the 17 free agents they have, and the Flyers can return to power for good.

I dont want to make injuries a scape goat, but there is no chance in hell the Pens sweep the Flyers if Timonen and Coburn are both healthy for the entire series. I'd have been shocked if it went less than six games if we had Timonen, and the Coburn loss put the nail in the coffin. But Pittsburgh is a very good team, a better team than a healthy Flyers team, so they'd have probably won the series anyway. Hopefully they lose several good players this off-season with the 17 free agents they have, and the Flyers can return to power for good.

your such a negative fan....your a pittsburgh fan not a Flyer fan

your such a negative fan....your a pittsburgh fan not a Flyer fan

I'm a realist

COULD the Flyers have won the series with Kimmo Timonen and Bradon Coburn healthy? Absolutely. As i said i'd expect it to have gone at least six or seven games. But Pittsburgh has the offensive fire power and goal tending of a Stanley Cup caliber team, and i think our current team is going to struggle against that even if healthy. Marty Biron has to play out of his mind for us to even compete in these series against Pittsburgh or Detroit.

Other than that i dont think my post was negative......

It's not illogical

And i am not a Pittsburgh fan. I hate that city. I hate the fans there. I hate the prima dona players like Sheila Crosby gold medalist diver of the world, who is such a whiny little ***** he hasn't even hit puberty yet.

The brightest futures in the Eastern Conference are 3 teams.
Pitts, Washington, then Montreal in that Order. Not sure how good philly will be next year. Lots of teams go into slumps after making it this far. Only time will tell.

Look at Philly's series wins, nothing against Philly but what I saw in the first two rounds didn't show me that they were cup contendors. They had a little luck along the way is all I'm saying

Round 1) Washington outplayed Philly most of the series. Philly won in OT on game 7, the series could have gone either way.

Round 2) Montreal outplayed, outshot, out chanced Philly, and caused Philly to take more penalties with there skill. The problem was Carey Price, he wasn't ready to take Montreal to the promise land just yet.

Round 3) Pitts has all there guys firing on all cylinders, which makes Philly no match for the might Penguins.

Injuries or not, Philly is just not built too be good enough like Detroit/Pitts. And no I'm not a philly hater, I feel the same way about my Flames, they have a long way to go.

Back
Top Bottom