The 2008 NHL Playoff thread | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2008 NHL Playoff thread

I dont want to make injuries a scape goat, but there is no chance in hell the Pens sweep the Flyers if Timonen and Coburn are both healthy for the entire series. I'd have been shocked if it went less than six games if we had Timonen, and the Coburn loss put the nail in the coffin. But Pittsburgh is a very good team, a better team than a healthy Flyers team, so they'd have probably won the series anyway. Hopefully they lose several good players this off-season with the 17 free agents they have, and the Flyers can return to power for good.

hey there buddy you guys played a great game last night! Hopefully they can continue.

I just think that style of play......and the Flyers have been playing the same way since the 70's is over rated.......You can't just bang a team anymore cuz every player can handle it.

Dallas and Philly both were able to prolong there series. Though I think the finals of Detroit/Pitt is inevitable. No suspense at all in the Conference finals.

The brightest futures in the Eastern Conference are 3 teams.
Pitts, Washington, then Montreal in that Order. Not sure how good philly will be next year. Lots of teams go into slumps after making it this far. Only time will tell.

Look at Philly's series wins, nothing against Philly but what I saw in the first two rounds didn't show me that they were cup contendors. They had a little luck along the way is all I'm saying

Round 1) Washington outplayed Philly most of the series. Philly won in OT on game 7, the series could have gone either way.

Round 2) Montreal outplayed, outshot, out chanced Philly, and caused Philly to take more penalties with there skill. The problem was Carey Price, he wasn't ready to take Montreal to the promise land just yet.

Round 3) Pitts has all there guys firing on all cylinders, which makes Philly no match for the might Penguins.

Injuries or not, Philly is just not built too be good enough like Detroit/Pitts. And no I'm not a philly hater, I feel the same way about my Flames, they have a long way to go.

1. No, we outplayed an over rated Capitals team this series, and let them take it to seven games by playing laid back hockey. This team had no business being a third seed and the Flyers made them pay, i was happy we drew that matchup as i would have hated facing the Rangers or Devils in the first round.

2. No, they out shot us. Thats different than out playing. ESPECIALLY when the Flyers were battling against awful calls for the entire series and still should have earned a sweep. I expected Montreal to beat the Flyers, it turns out they are an over rated team with an over rated goalie, their speed was nullified by the Flyers checking and their coach is a buffoon. Montreal was not the best team in the east, the Bruins exposed them, the Flyers finished them.

3. Because of your statements, it is the Flyers who should be leading this series right now. They have out shot and out hit the Penguins in games. Many of the Penguin goals have come off of bad deflections rather than this "skill" you speak of. But the Penguins are the best team in the east, and they are a better team than the Flyers.

1. No, we outplayed an over rated Capitals team this series, and let them take it to seven games by playing laid back hockey. This team had no business being a third seed and the Flyers made them pay, i was happy we drew that matchup as i would have hated facing the Rangers or Devils in the first round.

2. No, they out shot us. Thats different than out playing. ESPECIALLY when the Flyers were battling against awful calls for the entire series and still should have earned a sweep. I expected Montreal to beat the Flyers, it turns out they are an over rated team with an over rated goalie, their speed was nullified by the Flyers checking and their coach is a buffoon. Montreal was not the best team in the east, the Bruins exposed them, the Flyers finished them.

3. Because of your statements, it is the Flyers who should be leading this series right now. They have out shot and out hit the Penguins in games. Many of the Penguin goals have come off of bad deflections rather than this "skill" you speak of. But the Penguins are the best team in the east, and they are a better team than the Flyers.

Does it matter? To quote Herm Edwards "you play to win the game!" So even if they were outplayed they won those series. Generally over a 7 game series it's hard for me to say that the better team does not win.

Dear America: Thanks so much for "Afternoon" hockey.......What a fkn joke!

Well that was a thrilling game 5!

Congrats to the Penguins, the better team, i wont scapegoat the injuries of Timonen and Coburn, but next year......look out for the ORANGE AND BLACK!

Common Space be realistic. We both watched the same series in Montreal and Philly. We out played you guys for the most part of the series but, your goalie carried your team on his shoulders. That's what true playoff goalies do. But you can't say that Philly outplayed Montreal. The reason why EVERY team gets alot of penalties vs Montreal is because, we're the fastest team in the league and that frustrates players into taking stupid penalties vs us.

During the regular season we had the best POWERPLAY in the league and, we needed to take advantage of teams taking penalties on us.

Now Space i want the flyers and stars to make it into the finals.

Dear America: Thanks so much for "Afternoon" hockey.......What a fkn joke!

Could've been worse for the few hockey fans in the US. Last year the OT of game 5 of the ECF was taken off the air because of horse racing. Day hockey games are awful. I can handle like one a year when teams want to give away tickets to young groups. I'm a hockey fan but in terms of the interest in the U.S. it's somewhere ahead of the WNBA but behind poker and Leave it to Beaver re-runs.

Well that was a thrilling game 5!
:lol: I certainly thought so. :lol:

Congrats to the Penguins, the better team, i wont scapegoat the injuries of Timonen and Coburn, but next year......look out for the ORANGE AND BLACK!

:chuckle:
Awww, that's cute. Philly massively overachived this year - props for that! But, y'all have a looong way to go to get to the Penguins level.:d-day:

BEWARE THE PENGUINS!

This is our year!

Crosby is the closest thing we'll see to Gretzky...the kid can play.

Crosby gets the hype but he's not the best player in the league. He's not even the most exciting as that belongs to Ovechkin. Now he is the most marketable and is great nonetheless. Malkin was the MVP in alot of eyes before Washington made themselves the tallest midget and won there division.

:lol: I certainly thought so. :lol:

:chuckle:
Awww, that's cute. Philly massively overachived this year - props for that! But, y'all have a looong way to go to get to the Penguins level.:d-day:

BEWARE THE PENGUINS!

This is our year!

If over achieving is making the eastern conference finals without your best forward (Simon Gagne, an all-star) then yeah i guess they did. Pittsburgh has 17 free agents this off-season, and big money due to several stars. I'm not scared of them, they are going to be beatable even with their solid young talent especially with a HEALTHY Flyers team.

If over achieving is making the eastern conference finals without your best forward (Simon Gagne, an all-star) then yeah i guess they did. Pittsburgh has 17 free agents this off-season, and big money due to several stars. I'm not scared of them, they are going to be beatable even with their solid young talent especially with a HEALTHY Flyers team.

You should be.

Back
Top Bottom