The 2008 NHL Playoff thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2008 NHL Playoff thread

I think they've already got it. Calgary is going to WAY too hard to get a win in, and now they have the home ice.

I always thought the home ice thing really didn't mean anything unless it's game 7. If a team I rooted for was down 3-2 in a series i'd want the next game at home. Then the cliche that anything can happen gets pulled which I think is garbage.

One game in i'm not going to pronounce the favorites to win the Cup dead.

I always thought the home ice thing really didn't mean anything unless it's game 7. If a team I rooted for was down 3-2 in a series i'd want the next game at home. Then the cliche that anything can happen gets pulled which I think is garbage.

One game in i'm not going to pronounce the favorites to win the Cup dead.

People say that, and it's understandable, but when i see how RILED up places like Calgary get in the playoffs, Philadelphia, even the garden in the rare event that the Rangers are still alive :lol: You can feel the elevated play of the home teams.

Win tonight and it'd take a Memphis like choke job to lose the series. Though i'm not sure if the 3rd goal should've counted.

well we lost tonight, it's now a split.

Too bad we got man handled by the referees 10 penalties. HAHA.

So look at it that way perhaps Sharks wouldn't win tonight without 10 powerplays.

So look at it that way perhaps Sharks wouldn't win tonight without 10 powerplays.

Sorry to break it to you....Sharks In 6!!!!!

Nabby has the upper hand on Kipper...Dont get me wrong Kipper is great but Nabby is greater!!!

The D I gotta go with Sharks!!

Campbell is huge!!! Rivet Vlasic and carle Mclaren give them a solid core Compare to Dion Night Train Phaneuf (My fav D) David Hale, Adrian Aucoin Vandermeer sarich and Regehr!!!

The Offense IMO is a tie!!! Great players great depth!!!

Coaching goes to SJ wilson is better than Iron Mike!!!

Goaltending Wins it with Solid D

Sharks In 6

O yaaaa My flyers shall capitilize the caps tommorow nite

Pens prepare to go up 2-0 vs. Ottawa tonight.

about 5 1/2 hours away.

LET'S GO PENS!
This could be our year.

The 2nd period was brutal with penalties for the Flames. I thought Kiprusoff gave up some big rebounds. Hard to criticize offense when you're playing the whole game on the PK.

I am fed up of martin the loser biron... i wanna have him assasined...I hate him!!!!!!!! He cost us the game that piece of $%#&#&!!!

Philly Scores 4 goals and that piece of dog &%&% lets 5 meatballs go in...Get rid of Biron and stevens that 4 eyed %&%&%*

I am fed up of martin the loser biron... i wanna have him assasined...I hate him!!!!!!!! He cost us the game that piece of $%#&#&!!!

Philly Scores 4 goals and that piece of dog &%&% lets 5 meatballs go in...Get rid of Biron and stevens that 4 eyed %&%&%*

I cannot believe what happened to the Flyers. I am sick over this. Bunch of B.S. !!!! :(

The 2nd period was brutal with penalties for the Flames. I thought Kiprusoff gave up some big rebounds. Hard to criticize offense when you're playing the whole game on the PK.

The city is pumped, everywhere you go right now people are talking Flames.
Theres a 2004 buzz like feeling in the city. The Flames have a shot at the upset. Anything is possible Kipper has been godlike this series. For soem reason Kipper only decides to play hockey come playoff time.

Shall be rowdy on Sunday. I will definately post some pictures after the game.

John Stevens, again does not belong behind the bench of an NHL team.

The Flyers defensemen are awful, surprise surprise.

Marty Biron is too inconsistent and soft, an annual trait for a Flyers goalie come April/May.

They probably should have won tonight, and i still think they'll win the series. But it's a shame they couldn't get tonight's game in Washington, especially if they end up going down 2-0.

The city is pumped, everywhere you go right now people are talking Flames.
Theres a 2004 buzz like feeling in the city. The Flames have a shot at the upset. Anything is possible Kipper has been godlike this series. For soem reason Kipper only decides to play hockey come playoff time.

Shall be rowdy on Sunday. I will definately post some pictures after the game.

Part of the reason i'm bitter is that i'd have the same feeling about the Sabres if they didn't trade Campbell. Steve Bernier is a 3rd line guy and the difference between the playoffs and me watching other teams is that trade.

Unlike any other sport the goalie is the great equalizer.

I don't think anyone is rooting harder for the Rangers/Caps/Canadians/Penquins to advance to the 2nd rd more than Bettman.

Nobody hates day hockey playoff games more than me.

I don't think anyone is rooting harder for the Rangers/Caps/Canadians/Penquins to advance to the 2nd rd more than Bettman.

Nobody hates day hockey playoff games more than me.

Absolutely, imagine a Crosby-Ovechkin finals where the winner's team captures the east.

Absolutely, imagine a Crosby-Ovechkin finals where the winner's team captures the east.

I'm watching most of the time either way. Crosby is amazing and great but the NHL needs to market Ovechkin as much as possible. Soccer is not my thing and I think most casual American fans feel the same way about the NHL. Though I think if guys like Ronaldhino were on all the time in the US people would watch more. I feel the same way about Ovechkin.

Back
Top Bottom